Winter Swaginator

Love Zhaoying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1954 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Fionalein said:

hey I made 83 L after staying there for a while... apparently "Lake of the Realms" is the new "Fields of Orange"

Redeemed 8 blue crystals.
     Redeemed 30 green crystals.
     Redeemed 220 orange crystals.
     Redeemed 275 yellow crystals.
     Redeemed 200 red crystals.

I was running in Linden Realms like headless chicken for an hour. I got eaten by rock four times and stepped on bear trap once and once on mud. xD
What I got is:
• You have 1 blue crystals now.
• You have 3 green crystals now.
• You have 25 orange crystals now.
• You have 100 yellow crystals now.
• You have 115 red crystals now.

Naturally I couldn't cash those out as I haven't even completed the quests required for cashing.
Well, maybe it would have been something like only 20 L$. Not worth the effort and time.

Oh, I finally found the gift box. The "glowing tree" was an excellent hint. Thanks. 🙂

34 minutes ago, SheriBalto said:

Only spot I thought of was the forest but no box there

it is there, look again - cam the sim from the forrest respawn - I think it had no proximity sensor in summer, you should be able to click it from afar

20 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

The very few times I've wandered into Linden Realms, it was not good for me.  However, I do like the bookcase and lamp pictured, so I guess I will give it a try (or most likely many, many tries :) )

There is no tree that glows in Linden Realms.

I've been there twice.

Unless there's something I'm supposed to adjust on my graphics menu.

I used the camera to find the tree, it was easy, but it took me forever to find the box near the tree. Once I found it, I ran to it. No death by monster, but one because I jumped into water.

It was the first time I went there after the update. I like it. I think I'll come back to explore it more and play the game.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

There is no tree that glows in Linden Realms.

I've been there twice.

Unless there's something I'm supposed to adjust on my graphics menu.

Adjust your graphics.

*Snickers with a Prok-ish reply to Prok* . :)

There IS a tree, the tree itself isn't "glowing", but rather it appears to have some kind of orb or something in the tree trunk that appears to have a glowing liquid inside it. When I went there that "slowing liquid" was orange-red-ish. When you land at the little village, it's approximately southwest from there.

• Like 3

I do have a dinkie avi, maybe I'll give that a try :)   If nothing else, it should make it seem more fun.  It's hard to get frustrated as a dinkie.

ETA:  Made it in and out with the gift with only 1 run-in with a rock monster :)   Also ended up with 1 red crystal and 1 orange crystal without trying to collect any of them.  

Edited by moirakathleen
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Adjust your graphics.

*Snickers with a Prok-ish reply to Prok* . :)

There IS a tree, the tree itself isn't "glowing", but rather it appears to have some kind of orb or something in the tree trunk that appears to have a glowing liquid inside it. When I went there that "slowing liquid" was orange-red-ish. When you land at the little village, it's approximately southwest from there.

I'm not interested in doing any of this.

The prizes in the crystal hunt for the birthday weren't all that, but some of them were ok. Some of them were a little hard to find, but mainly they were dirt simple and you just had to be awake enough to get them all and put them on the HUD. It was a bit confusing that there wasn't some final OTHER prize that you got by collecting all 20 or whatever -- or maybe there was? In any event, it wasn't that compelling. Still, by comparison to this one, it was leisurely enough and not maddening, and didn't have glitches.

To be honest, I'm not likely to take any of the crystal stuff out of inventory again, although I didn't delete most of it. The big crystal palace never rented so I took it down, too high prim. Maybe I'll make a workshop out of it or something because I liked the little daemon that came with it.

The stuff in this hunt is a little better and more interesting to me as a norm, but it still has that brown, rounded slightly cartoony feel that other LL content like this has had which I don't always like, unless it is really good, and this isn't first rate. 

What I resent about this hunt is being gulled into playing Linden Realms which I have no interest in playing. Years ago when they first rolled out these cartoony rocks that eat you, I played once and quit. I don't like games that much. SL isn't a game. If you have an avatar who is a norm, who isn't really into RP that much, who doesn't like killing games, it's disconcerting and even offensive to see your avatar being crunched by a giant rock thing. And not just crunched once and you return home. But crunched for a long time, and with relish. I feel it reveals a certain attitude toward the user base that LL has never quite shaken.

I don't want to play this game. I don't mind hunting for things although I don't do hunts that often, but I hate being conned into having an "experience," getting a HUD, being forced to run around and go to safe areas and figure out strategies etc just to get a book case. I have a jillion bookcases already. 

I realize the Lindens need to find ways to lure the few users they have to play these games they've spent money on. But they seem like they're for children.

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 2

I'm not interested in doing any of this.

proxy.duckduckgo_com.jpg.464362ccdca5d800cb5264c59bf4b9f7.jpg

3 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I went as a Tiny and nothing attacked me. :D 

Yay! I might dress in my little tiny street punk kitten av then. Although the electro spider is also cute.

3 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

I do have a dinkie avi, maybe I'll give that a try :)   If nothing else, it should make it seem more fun.  It's hard to get frustrated as a dinkie.

Absolutely!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DeltaBanks said:

@Patch Linden Box is dead. Will not let you touch and get the gift.

Great - just what I need to encounter.  First I have to go to a game sim that I detest and figure out how to not die (which I am really, really bad at) to find a box that might not work ......... and then I'd have to do it all over again ......... and maybe again ........... and ............

giphy.gif

• Sad 3

12 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

What I resent about this hunt is being gulled into playing Linden Realms which I have no interest in playing.

I've played Linden Realms before (which helped me figure out where the glowing tree was already), but for the gift I just went through the portal and ran right to the gift. You're not required to play to get the box, you just have to be in the area.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1954 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.