Appearing nude in (G) area due to lag/loading?

Jaysson Turbo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay the title may not explain things well enough. First of all this did not happen to me or anyone that I know of yet. But it did happen to my Avatar in adult land. I was chatting with a friend and they were like your completely naked. And your hair is gone too. It lasted 30 seconds. They send me a screenshot to prove it. And I have noticed this on other avatars rarely. If this happens in a G area it's punishable or bannable I don't know how these things are handled. Temp Ban, restricted from G forever or perm banned etc. 

But I never even realized this was an a thing really? I don't visit G often. And even M this would be bad too maybe not as bad depending on the situation or location. But G super bad... M still against TOS in most places. Does Second Life team realize that this can happen? Now I am using a fully detailed naked skin. If I were to use a doll skin no naked details would that be allowed than? Or better? 

I can easily get a free or cheep doll skin and have a Costume called Doll Skin - Rated G. And use that in G or even M public areas. I can still make it look half decent. But most of my good avatars if the clothing does not load they are pure nude. And that is kind of by design because sometimes we want to see them naked? Can some people weight in on this? I'm not to worried. Been playing for years on and off. Never been reported. If I did I hope I could appeal and explain the situation. So don't look at this like I am panicking I'm only curious. I also don't want children to see it. Lets be honest I'm not only worried about my account. lol  

Also - Avatar complexity was not that high. Not that it fully matters even if low complexity I imagine this issue still happens. but I imagine higher complexity increases the change of clothing to not load before skin does etc.

Thanks. 

Edited by Jaysson Turbo

You are worrying too much. Since the advent of mesh bodies pretty much everyone is naked for awhile (well you don't look naked too yourself that often unless you have a slow connection. It is just what it is.

That being said any land owner can ban you at any time for any or no reason. You don't need to be doing anything 'bad'. That too is just the way it is :D.

Good luck.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jaysson Turbo said:

Okay the title may not explain things well enough. First of all this did not happen to me or anyone that I know of yet. But it did happen to my Avatar in adult land. I was chatting with a friend and they were like your completely naked. And your hair is gone too. It lasted 30 seconds. They send me a screenshot to prove it. And I have noticed this on other avatars rarely. If this happens in a G area it's punishable or bannable I don't know how these things are handled. Temp Ban, restricted from G forever or perm banned etc. 

But I never even realized this was an a thing really? I don't visit G often. And even M this would be bad too maybe not as bad depending on the situation or location. But G super bad... M still against TOS in most places. Does Second Life team realize that this can happen? Now I am using a fully detailed naked skin. If I were to use a doll skin no naked details would that be allowed than? Or better? 

I can easily get a free or cheep doll skin and have a Costume called Doll Skin - Rated G. And use that in G or even M public areas. I can still make it look half decent. But most of my good avatars if the clothing does not load they are pure nude. And that is kind of by design because sometimes we want to see them naked? Can some people weight in on this? I'm not to worried. Been playing for years on and off. Never been reported. If I did I hope I could appeal and explain the situation. So don't look at this like I am panicking I'm only curious. I also don't want children to see it. Lets be honest I'm not only worried about my account. lol  

Also - Avatar complexity was not that high. Not that it fully matters even if low complexity I imagine this issue still happens. but I imagine higher complexity increases the change of clothing to not load before skin does etc.

Thanks. 

It's worse then that, people can derender any/all of your clothes at any time.

I'd say you are safe from the Lab. They have logs that show your attachments at a certain time, and won't rely on the photo alone. They are also pretty aware of the rez time, and that other people can derez clothing. One would expect the Lab, getting an AR on you, would look and say, oh he did have clothing on.

As for Private estate and G-Rated land, sure, the owners/managers can kick your butt out of the region/estate with a ban. But I think most know of the slowness.

Rather then a doll skin, if you are really unsure, use your alpha HUD and set the groin and butt to hidden.

Just in case you didn't know, as well as no nudity (male nipples are ok and allowed, female nipples are unholy and proscribed) you cannot swear in a G rated region, keep your language suitable for a Grandmother in Church.

This guy I know kept derendering my clothes and then laughing about it, so I made some cute little applier undies with messages for him about his being an asshat. So either wear applier undies or alpha out sections as Callum mentioned. But I'm so used to seeing naked mesh when I arrive at an event that I don't even think twice about it. Even in those G rated areas who cares anymore? We basically know that if we're wearing mesh we're going to be naked to someone for some amount of time. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Jaysson Turbo said:

Thanks. 

being nude on a mature rated sim is never against the LL tos.

As for being nude on a general sim it simply boggles my mind as to why anyone would want to visit a general sim in the first place.

But Phorumities, all the cool LL games are on general sims.

I rest my case

?

• Like 1

Jay, you worry too much.  Most (but not all) owners/managers of G rated regions understand that in the current state of SL, people sometimes appear nude without meaning to, and often without being aware of it.  I work at Caledon Oxbridge University, a G-rated newcomer friendly area.  When someone looks naked on our screen, and their clothing doesn't appear within a short while, our staff members will first communicate with them:  "Hi there!  On my screen, you're not wearing any clothes.  Do you need help with that?" 

If they say they ARE wearing clothes, we work with them to get them rezzed correctly.  If they say they took them off and can't find them, we help with that.  If they say, "Yeah, I know.  Wanna play with me?" we eject 'em.  If they don't respond at all, we eject them with an apology and an offer to return when they're properly dressed.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 5

26 minutes ago, Roary McGillivary said:

I think that might depend on your Grandmother, I've known a few "Granny's" that might be able to make a sailor or construction worker blush with their language.

I've said it before in the past..They need to redefine that term,because it's a different time..Grammy's can be in their 30's nowadays..hehehehe

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I've said it before in the past..They need to redefine that term,because it's a different time..Grammy's can be in their 30's nowadays..hehehehe

Not just nowadays. That's been true for a VERY long time. And in their 20s too. I read that Loretta Lynn was gandmother at 26.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil Deakins said:

Not just nowadays. That's been true for a VERY long time. And in their 20s too. I read that Loretta Lynn was gandmother at 26.

True,but in the olden day's they tried to hide it more from what I've heard..

Nowadays it's seen way much more..

I don't know about on the other side of the pond,but like 50's 60's 70's and 80's and 90's people didn't like other people so much into their business..

Nowadays they put everything on their social networks like, have a scone hanging out my mouth,wearing this color panties on the way to my 3:00 therapy appointment..So won't be home for a few hours..

In the news,House broken into while woman was at therapy,criminals confessed to lurking FB for victims.. hehehehe

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fionalein said:

Random side note: If everyone else sees you naked you might have attached your clothes to a HUD position (yes that works with rigged mesh)...

I knew rigged mesh was correctly placed on the avatar even as a HUD attachment, but I didn't occur to me that they'd still be hidden..

Now I'm getting all kinds of bad ideas.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

34 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

I think a lot of it has to do with where you grow up and the norms of that locale at the time.  I think career choice also plays into it.  The area where I live now, where my kids were raised, most folks start having children in their mid-late 20s, with some waiting until early 30s.  Where I grew up, and where my sister raised her kids, the vast majority have their first child between the ages of 16 and 20.  Thus my sister, who is a year younger than me, has many grandchildren from her 5 daughters, and I have none yet from my daughter or son.

8 hours ago, Roary McGillivary said:

I think that might depend on your Grandmother, I've known a few "Granny's" that might be able to make a sailor or construction worker blush with their language.

Yes, but I am not sure they would be swearing in Church. I'd hope not!

Forgive me Father for I have...
Oh F it. I don't have time for this crap.
Gimme 10 hail Marys and we'll call it even.

• Haha 3

On 11/10/2018 at 5:43 AM, Chic Aeon said:

Since the advent of mesh bodies pretty much everyone is naked for awhile

I LOVE mesh bodies! I always sit at the landing point of some sales event and take snapshots like crazy, before the mesh clothing rezzes.

Yeah, odd, isn't it? The mesh bodies always come streaming in before the mesh clothing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.