Friendly Reminder - Post Locations

Dakota Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Moderators

Greetings!

Just a friendly reminder to be careful when creating new posts and threads.  

The Your Avatar section should be used for discussions about Second Life Avatars. 

If you are looking for a specific avatar, style, or item, please post to the Wanted section

If you are seeking someone who can help you make an Avatar, please post to the Inworld Employment section.

If you seek help with creating your own content, please post in one of the Creation sub-forums.

Thank you all!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2018 at 3:32 AM, Talligurl said:

When I saw the title  i thought you wanted  us to tell  where the pictures we post were taken.

Bonjour, Madame Talligurl !

I remember you from last year. Alas, I have been absent for a year because I get busy with my studies. How are you on this very fine day? Do you remember me?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, EmpereurNapoleonBonaparte said:

Bonjour, Madame Talligurl !

I remember you from last year. Alas, I have been absent for a year because I get busy with my studies. How are you on this very fine day? Do you remember me?

Of course I remember, I missed you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Talligurl said:

Of course I remember, I missed you.

I’m surprised that you’re still here after one year had passed. I may have remembered you, but hopefully, I remember the other people. Alas, I do not think they’re still around in this website anymore, for the people that I usually end up meeting end up becoming active less than a year later.

I still go online, but they’re different places. The site I go online the most often is Discord. I’m not sure if you’ve heard of Discord, but I’ll explain it to you. It’s an application where you can create servers to talk with your friends. It isn’t used among gamers, but I’m not a gamer. I only use it to hang out with my friends. I can send you the link and invite you to my Discord server if you have the time. I expect you to be very active.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, DaphneDoodles said:

I was in the "your avatar" section when I posted.  Was there something else I was supposed to change?  I don't post often so I'm curious as to what I may have missed.  Thanks!

if it was about your hair question, you are asking for items, not discussing, as said in the little list:

On 8/29/2018 at 4:47 PM, Dakota Linden said:

If you are looking for a specific avatar, style, or item, please post to the Wanted section 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2018 at 7:47 AM, Dakota Linden said:

Greetings!

The Your Avatar section should be used for discussions about Second Life Avatars. 

If you are seeking someone who can help you make an Avatar, please post to the Inworld Employment section.

If you seek help with creating your own content, please post in one of the Creation sub-forums.

Thank you all!

Hey guys... I this is fairly clear. ;)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

You could also add this one to the list:

If you want to engage in a personal dialogue with someone who has previously posted in the topic and the only connection of your post to the original thread is that it's taking place in the same universe, consider doing that in private messaging.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

regarding social media Second Life posting; I see all of the post or lots of them. At times, may not be able to "Like" as "Avatar Cafekan"  I am Avatar Cafekan to the Second Life network and community and I am doing my best express my self as such.   The more members can see and understand the bigger purpose than well, you get the point. 

Second Life our one single relationship.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Ha! This is the first time I've looked at this thread, and like someone else mentioned I thought the title had to do with adding SLurls to photos! :) That said, this is useful info to know when creating threads, so thank you. @Dakota LindenI'm assuming it is still current? And for the record: It IS nice to include the SLurl to photos that are obviously taken at some pretty sim rather than against a backdrop.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2018 at 10:47 AM, Dakota Linden said:

Greetings!

Thank you all!

Inworld Employment section? Do you mean the Classified section of the Search?

5 minutes ago, Wisdom Davi said:

Inworld Employment section? Do you mean the Classified section of the Search?

No.  In the forums here

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/312-inworld-employment/

But people ask question about help making an avatar in many sections.  Only if you're looking to pay someone to help you as a few people had done.  Otherwise, the Your Avatar section is ok.

Edited by Rowan Amore

• 8 months later...
25 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

For ????

And why did you feel it was necessary to revive a thread, that has been dead for 8 months, just for that one-word response that has no context at all?

image.png.f98a0e805027115ab05a6b83a355e165.png

Probably because it's their first post and don't know any better. I think we sometimes forget that not everyone knows what a forum is or isn't. Some actually think this is Twitter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
31 minutes ago, Mishy Wardell said:

are we allowed to share our fashion blogs? If so, can you tell me where? I am not selling/advertising anything, it is just for fun.

No but you can add a link to your blog in your signature.  Like I have included my Flickr link in mine.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.