SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

1271612494_SSPDeadMansDive-Aug1_001.thumb.jpg.99ea3ab0ae33fbb296debece4614423e.jpg

There are 20 new regions not showing on the map yet in the North- East corner of Bellisseria.

SSP Lost at Sea    -         I Sea U         -     Nether Strait     -       Dead Mans Dive

SSP Not Shore      -       Be Pacific      -     Vitamin Sea      -         No Octopation    

SSP No Rain          -       Stay Salty      -        Octopied         -            East Keys

SSP Beach Face    -      Buoy Quay     -       See Wead         -                Kale

SSP Waffle Cone   -    Indominable    -        Ten Tickles      -       Septipus Hank

The North and East edges are sharply cut, as if there could be more regions added, though they could also be smoothed out later.

They're showing on the Map now (5 AM SLT).

1155795827_SSPDeadMansDive-Aug2_001.thumb.jpg.dd7c0fbae4e674c58f49e22cea57bb8c.jpg

Edited by Persephone Emerald
spelling error
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moles

2aa1de50af704e41745c58886d4e87e3.png

🤫 Shhhh... don't tell anyone about this new feature. 😉

(Choosing "Restrict gesture and objects sounds to this parcel" works both ways. It keeps the sounds on your parcel within your parcel, and it will also keep you from hearing any and and all sounds from outside your parcel as well.)

Edited by Abnor Mole
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 16

15 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

2aa1de50af704e41745c58886d4e87e3.png

🤫 Shhhh... don't tell anyone about this new feature. 😉

(Choosing "Restrict gesture and objects sounds to this parcel" works both ways. It keeps the sounds on your parcel within your parcel, and it will also keep you from hearing any and and all sounds from outside your parcel as well.)

Oh, I know, I know... but I wanna hear the water tooooo... just not those infernal FELINES... as me pappy would've said I wouldn't be happy if I was hung with a new rope lol.

Seriously, the Vics and log homes are great, I love the sounds around both those homes... there is just... something... about the yowling cats and traffic noises. IDK. The Newbrooke homes are gorgeous, though.

• Like 3

We're lucky there are so many different neighborhoods to choose from, so everyone can find which one is best for them - even mainland if they like that better than a ready-made environment. The Victorians are my favorite, but I love the sounds around the Log Homes and the beaches near the Traditionals. Fantasaria and the Newbrooks seem horrible to me, but that's ok because other people love them.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Beryl Greenacre said:

Oh, I know, I know... but I wanna hear the water tooooo... just not those infernal FELINES... as me pappy would've said I wouldn't be happy if I was hung with a new rope lol.

Seriously, the Vics and log homes are great, I love the sounds around both those homes... there is just... something... about the yowling cats and traffic noises. IDK. The Newbrooke homes are gorgeous, though.

Yeowling, infernal cats (any kind of cats) - music to my pointy ears. Lol! Send them over!  😸

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, Beryl Greenacre said:

I like the variety, and you can easily get your own sound profile if you dont like it. There are tons of sounds out there 😃

Edited by Always Incognito
  • Like 7

I like the sound of wind and waves along the coast. These sounds remind me of how the rocky northern California coast sounds. There are peaceful beaches to be sure, but I like the waves crashing violently against rocky cliffs and rock formations.

I got lucky that Alycia's house on the Southern coast near Fantassia has wind as part of her natural background sounds.

Persephone's house is next to a quiet void sea. Since one of my trees there is animated to move in the wind, I had to have the sound of wind there too. I added 2 rocks with wind sound at opposite sides of my yard that faces the void sea. Now I can hear the wind when I'm outside there, as well as see it blowing through that tree. 

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

We're lucky there are so many different neighborhoods to choose from, so everyone can find which one is best for them - even mainland if they like that better than a ready-made environment. The Victorian are my favorite, but I love the sounds around the Log Homes and the beaches near the Traditionals. Fantasaria and the Newbrooks seem horrible to me, but that's ok because other people love them.

Agreed, it has nothing to do with 2019, when you had to pray to get just any house. Now we have so many options

Although I'd love if the Lab would create more coastal Trad and Victorian regions.

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Trinity1776 said:

What are the homes on these islands...I'm assuming houseboats on the edges of the islands... are they Newbrookes on the interior of the islands?

Yes on some of the bigger islands, for example, SSPBeach Please.

2 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

20 new regions added (well minus 2 which do not appear yet)

Interestingly or not there is a deepwater channel that runs north south as marked on graphic.

The deep water channel gives me an altitude of 7 when standing in it. In general, these water regions are deeper, for example, at the end of a houseboat dock I get an altitude of 14 versus 17 for a dock in Kiva. Note all the water channels in these new regions are easily navigated.

Bellisseria is now SIX regions from a protected water connection to Stromberg.

2022-08-02 stromberg.png

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, diamond Marchant said:

Yes on some of the bigger islands, for example, SSPBeach Please.

The deep water channel gives me an altitude of 7 when standing in it. In general, these water regions are deeper, for example, at the end of a houseboat dock I get an altitude of 14 versus 17 for a dock in Kiva. Note all the water channels in these new regions are easily navigated.

Bellisseria is now SIX regions from a protected water connection to Stromberg.

2022-08-02 stromberg.png

They will of course connect the deep water channel to any open water passage, so there needs to be at least 2 more regions with possible houseboats above SSNether Strait and SSPDead Mans Dive, then maybe 5 Linden water regions. There might be more than 2 regions with house boats, and thus fewer Linden water regions too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

They will of course connect the deep water channel to any open water passage, so there needs to be at least 2 more regions with possible houseboats above SSNether Strait and SSPDead Mans Dive, then maybe 5 Linden water regions. There might be more than 2 regions with house boats, and thus fewer Linden water regions too.

Yes. The two regions you mention look as if they will connect to more regions on their northern border. This rat (me) has been conditioned to not expect obvious additions to show up anytime soon. I hope that they will add the minimal number of regions (six) to achieve the connectivity that many of us desire and complete the master plan later.

It did not escape my notice that if one were to continue the "deep water stack" of regions to the north, it might yield a Satori connection as far north as Atanua. Interesting.

A reminder... new regions are under development and change from day to day. Do not assume things are settled until the homes are installed and the region is landscaped.

reminder
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

Yes. The two regions you mention look as if they will connect to more regions on their northern border. This rat (me) has been conditioned to not expect obvious additions to show up anytime soon. I hope that they will add the minimal number of regions (six) to achieve the connectivity that many of us desire and complete the master plan later.

It did not escape my notice that if one were to continue the "deep water stack" of regions to the north, it might yield a Satori connection as far north as Atanua. Interesting.

I'm excited by the likelihood of a connection from Belli to the Blake Sea. While this hasn't been promised, it does fit with Patch's idea of giving Premium residents more value for their buck, without costing the lab that much more in terms of time and money. Water regions cost something simply to exist, but they wouldn't cost that much in terms of Mole-hours (TM). The Houseboats seem to be fairly densely packed, in order to allow for wide enough water passages so that small motorboats and sailboats can move between them. The addition of a deep water passage is exciting, because it hints at a deep water route going somewhere many users would want to go - such as the Blake Sea.

There exists just wide enough water passages from Stromberg to the Blake Sea for most motorboats and sailboats to follow that route. I'd like to see wider, deeper passages using more Linden water regions, but I accept that may have to wait or might not ever happen at all.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

It looks like theres a proper 20 metre deep boat channel running down the east region borders too!

1641308167_DeepChannel2Aug2022.thumb.jpg.3fc6d4b789a799b07318ca882ae74b78.jpg

Sea floor depth can change, but I agree that it looks like there's going to be a deep and wide enough passage along the east coast for most boats to go through here. The other channel to the left is not as deep.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I agree that it looks like there's going to be a deep and wide enough passage along the east coast for most boats to go through here

Absolutely. If you do edge sailing from SSP Admiralty Reef northbound, there is a minimum 16 meter channel width (the spacers being used are 16m). Depth is more than adequate for boats everywhere.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

Yes. The two regions you mention look as if they will connect to more regions on their northern border. This rat (me) has been conditioned to not expect obvious additions to show up anytime soon. ...

It did not escape my notice that if one were to continue the "deep water stack" of regions to the north, it might yield a Satori connection as far north as Atanua.

Yes, that deep channel ending in SSPNether Strait is really alluring. 

Of course, a link between Belli and Stromberg would be wonderful in that it would be possible to navigate from the Blake Sea to Belli, and thus ... to Jeogeot & Sansara!   What a wonderful gift!

At the expense of 7 or so MORE regions, one could link up to Innini.  That avoids one narrow passage ... but the waterway north from there is very narrow, along the west edge of 3 regions. Not much of a gain, really.

But to Atanua ... that would be breathtaking.  Going due north from Nether Strait, a hookup to Atanua might look something like this.  All regions below Dreamer Cove have been cleared out.  Abnor has already had a little tropical marina in Atanua's open water for quite some time.  There would be no narrow waterways to thread between Belli and the Blake Sea - it would be a broad channel all the way, an oceanic link! 

Really, that would be so blindingly terrific that, like you diamond, I can't even bring myself to wish for it at this time.  Maybe someday.  But ... it's one of those things that, once you see it, it's really tough to UNsee it!

571881391_atanua2smaller.JPG.cb6e175fb91e503edc489f62950f4b4f.JPG

• Like 4

8 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

Pretty much where I suggested Bellisseria would end many months ago - after all, they moved all the private regions in that area around the time the Chalet theme was released - and really no point in doing that unless there were expansion plans for the area ;)

ETA: Nika beat me too it - with a pic that shows exactly what I am talking about

Edited by Eowyn Southmoor
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

That avoids one narrow passage ... but the waterway north from there is very narrow, along the west edge of 3 regions.

As a sailor, I am 100% satisfied with continuous protected water even if it involves edge channels only 10m wide. Very sailable. Anything better would be gravy :) (i like gravy)

• Like 4

UPDATE (11:16am SLT) - NEVER MIND.... ALL OPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE (11:06am SLT): the SSP regions appar to be closed in numerous places... ?????

It appears that residents (or maybe just me) are no longer allowed in the SSP regions in the northern parts of the Newbrookes, including houseboat regions. Seems to be any region with a bumper. Channeling James Cagney in the movie "Mr. Roberts"....

Who did it?

(assuming a resident did something to invoke the giant banhammer... or maybe this is an unintended boo boo)

Note that a large block of Newbrooke regions have now been isolated from the rest of Bellisseria by the horizontal stack of SSPs including SSPTutti Frutti.

not allowed.PNG

• Like 1
  • Sad 1