SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

I am still hopeful there will be a connection higher up later at Atanua that is not so dependent on the goodwill of landlords to be reliably navigable in all boats. Stromberg is great but Atanua would be great with sparkles and a cherry on top. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

It would be great to see this happen. Yay for exciting sailing adventures if it does happen. 

I have been out of the loop since May but good to see the Bellisseria continent still expanding.

We want more 😁

Very good to see you posting again, Daniel.  I have missed you 🤗  Hope all's well, or at least, better!

• Like 8

On 7/23/2022 at 12:00 PM, Daniel Voyager said:

It would be great to see this happen. Yay for exciting sailing adventures if it does happen. 

I have been out of the loop since May but good to see the Bellisseria continent still expanding.

We want more 😁

Wb Daniel, glad to see you posting again.

• Like 3

The 12 most Northern Newbrook and Boat House regions are nearly all in the green border phase now, with homes in most of the parcels.  Only SSPSea Cucumber still has a white border.  (The homes and green borders don't yet show on the Map inworld.)

2039134296_SSPLaMer-July25_001.thumb.jpg.176a48038e585f3126aecdda0f0c7e20.jpg

Tasha at SSPBeach Please, by a land and water rez zone

1212986057_SSPBeachPlease-July25_001.thumb.jpg.9923f70fad0e8caa78a6cbad8e42346b.jpg

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 6

11 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

The 12 most North-Eastern Newbrook and Boat House regions are nearly all in the green border phase now, with homes in most of the parcels. 

I find all these new houseboat regions to be wonderful...  new houseboat arrangements, a region with all square parcels, mixed terrain, ample rez zones,  and wide water passages.

Edited by diamond Marchant
Usual typos
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

So, we are going to have "beachy" Newbrookes with sand and minimal landscaping?

Like this? (If beachy Newbrookes means houseboats next to Newbrookes). There are actual Newbrookes on sand in SSPSea Cucumber and SSPBeach Please but that landscaping is TBD.

new houseboats_001.png

new houseboats_002 copy.jpg

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Polenth Yue said:

Is it against the rules to give a house bunny ears?

It would be perfectly fine as an Easter decoration. Perhaps you can find some other obscure holiday for which it would also be appropriate? After all, SL shouldn't endorse only the celebration of mainstream American holidays.

Here are some examples:

International Rabbit Day - the 4th Saturday in September

Bunny Day - Japanese - August 2nd, 21st or 23rd.

Tsukimi Moon Festival - Japanese - full moon nearest the Autumnal Equinox

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

SSPWiggleroom Gardens and SSPStarling Moss both have their colored borders removed now. If you're interested in a Newbrook on the east side of the river/ canal that's maybe going to be bisecting this subcontinent and connecting the Stilt Homes to Santori, now would be a good time to go look at these. If you're Premium Plus, you could even put in a request for one. These regions look like they have yellow borders on the Map, but they're actually border free now.

1781033433_SSPWiggleroomGardens-July27_001_001.thumb.jpg.30f542ce8b23e06113da30a35460e55c.jpg

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

SSPWiggleroom Gardens and SSPStarling Moss both have their colored borders removed now. If you're interested in a Newbrook on the east side of the river/ canal that's maybe going to be bisecting this subcontinent and connecting the Stilt Homes to Santori, now would be a good time to go look at these. If you're Premium Plus, you could even put in a request for one. 

The homes in those regions are still set to "Protected Land", not "Linden Home", which I always thought meant they are not done yet.  Can Protected parcels be assigned via Premium Plus?

• Like 1

Someone's in the region with Dyna

Making home controllers I know-O-O-O!

Someone's in the region with Dyna

Betcha there ain't no banjo!

/me mercifully stops singing and taps her teeth, wondering when open floorplan trads will appear.

dyna.JPG.64477ebbc99bd2321027c23eac6485b5.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Ride the Rails in Belli!!!  Join THE best fun in Belli with Charley Mayne's Mayne Line Railroad.  Charley has been running a trip through the older regions of Belli on Thursday mornings for a while and is now introducing her Newbrooke Local Line on Monday mornings, leaving from the Muehlenbach RR station, behind the Drunken Mouse at 5:00 a.m. SLT and travelling through the Newbrooke and Chalet regions.  Hop on the train!!  We go through many regions that are still SSP.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Muehlenbach/232/68/38

Snapshot_001.thumb.jpg.9831fc7c81f6d29aa0046dc220ba9939.jpg

1339032875_MLTBelliTimetableAugust2022.thumb.png.4ec1cfdcdc5ffedfeb20805639c0f5b3.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Beryl Greenacre said:

If these 'beachy Newbrookes' won't have the sounds of mating cats yowling around outside, this might actually make it worthwhile for me to upgrade to premium plus to put in a request for one.

Interesting experiment. Please let us know if you get one via the PP "pick your home" perk. Some speculate that rare and desirable (by virtue of being near a beach or having a great water view) homes will be won by regular Premium members who use their 5 picks per day the second the a region is released.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Beryl Greenacre said:

If these 'beachy Newbrookes' won't have the sounds of mating cats yowling around outside, this might actually make it worthwhile for me to upgrade to premium plus to put in a request for one.

You can check for the dreaded yowls ahead of time using area search ... just put "sound" in the name field, and "mole" in the owner field.   You will find transparent boxes up in the trees, the one you're looking for is called something like "LH : SOUND : Newbrooke - Cats & Dogs BIAS v1.0".  The 2 beachy Newbrooke regions (SSPBeach Please and SSPSea Cucumber) do not yet have much landscaping, I don't see any sounds there yet.

3 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

Some speculate that rare and desirable (by virtue of being near a beach or having a great water view) homes will be won by regular Premium members who use their 5 picks per day the second the a region is released.

How dare those Premium peons do that!

Seriously, LL controls the horizontal and vertical on this, yes?  For example, it looked to me like the highly desirable stilt regions Lobster Roll and Higher Porpoise etc. were held out of the land page queues until PP members got their pick of spots.  The same for some of the Sakura regions. I do hope that when SSP1788 and SSP1787 are done, they will be released to the land page so that Premium members finally get a chance at stilt spots on the upper central river.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

You can check for the dreaded yowls ahead of time using area search ... just put "sound" in the name field, and "mole" in the owner field.   You will find transparent boxes up in the trees, the one you're looking for is called something like "LH : SOUND : Newbrooke - Cats & Dogs BIAS v1.0".  The 2 beachy Newbrooke regions (SSPBeach Please and SSPSea Cucumber) do not yet have much landscaping, I don't see any sounds there yet.

How dare those Premium peons do that!

Seriously, LL controls the horizontal and vertical on this, yes?  For example, it looked to me like the highly desirable stilt regions Lobster Roll and Higher Porpoise etc. were held out of the land page queues until PP members got their pick of spots.  The same for some of the Sakura regions. I do hope that when SSP1788 and SSP1787 are done, they will be released to the land page so that Premium members finally get a chance at stilt spots on the upper central river.

LL might think that it's only fair for those who pay more to get first dibs at the parcels they want, kind of like people who pay for Fast Passes at amusement parks, so they can legally jump the line in front of everyone else. I think when people have the disposable income to be able to pay for greater "rights" than those who don't have that money, it seems like a perfectly natural and fair thing to do.

19 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

LL might think that it's only fair for those who pay more to get first dibs at the parcels they want, kind of like people who pay for Fast Passes at amusement parks, so they can legally jump the line in front of everyone else. I think when people have the disposable income to be able to pay for greater "rights" than those who don't have that money, it seems like a perfectly natural and fair thing to do.

Totally conceivable.  In which case, new region releases would likely become of little interest to rank and file GOH players, since they will have been somewhat "picked over" ... GOH would become mostly about Beautiful Abandons.  Oh well, we had a good run!  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Totally conceivable.  In which case, new region releases would likely become of little interest to rank and file GOH players, since they will have been somewhat "picked over" ... GOH would become mostly about Beautiful Abandons.  Oh well, we had a good run!  

Ah, but there can't be that many PP people, so there will still be plenty of nice parcels for the rest of us Premium users. We'll all get to ride the waterslide eventually.

• Like 1

Oh, believe me, I've spent hours trottin' 'round to all the teeny tiny tiny teeny sound boxes hidden away in trees and at the end of faux jersey barriers and being carried around by nefarious animated rodents and such... when I login to SL I just want bloody flukin' silence from the local wildlife and traffic in my virtual home. Which is why I don't have a house in Newbrooke, I have a blessedly peaceful trad on a nice wide canal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3