SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

Oh! Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey
A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you-oo?

"Mairzy Doats"  (mares eat oats) is a pop song written in 1943 that amuses because what is said is not immediately understood.

Similarly, sometimes we say seemingly benign things in this forum, but others may hear it as something different.

I am not speaking about violating TOS or breaking rules. I am speaking of kindness.

LDPW is expanding Bellisseria to our benefit and the new growth areas  are dynamic. I suggest that we let them work in peace and without our commentary.

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

Ten new regions are now visible on the map, capping the hitherto gap between regions Miracle Max and SSPCatnap. So this far looks similar to the new area immediately to its east: Newbrookes and boat homes in a landscape of coastline and islands, with green grass terrain on land and mottled seafloor. The new region names continue the nautical/whimsical motif.

1900611807_10@NNewbrook(map).thumb.png.afdfb82dafc4860b1b9d49a9a879b73a.png

These were accessible inworld a few hours before they become visible on the map, as has happened recently with these new additions to Newbrook next to Satori, allowing us to witness Mole magic first hand! 😄

212203430_10@NNewbrook(scape)_001.thumb.png.f4f06280c2069889b6f8e9c8f6263e70.png

(In the screenshot above, draw distance was upped to 600 m. The 10 new regions could not yet be seen in the world map Ctrl+M but were already visible in the minimap Ctrl-Shift+M.)

1354095494_SSPLobstaRoll_001.thumb.jpg.8ceedb72b742d9491bca8b44218b7fa6.jpg

Above is where the corners of (clockwise) Miracle Max, SSPSeaspot Run, and SSPLobsta Roll meet; notice the cool dashline region edge marker. The missing quadrant, at southeast, is one of the missing regions in a newly surrounded 24-region area.

There is another such void area nearby, between regions SSPObladi and SSPJosie Banks — also as big as 24 regions, but in a very different shape, marking the southeast boundary of Newbrooke. We've seen similar “holes” on the grid elsewhere throughout this fantastic adventure that the Bellisseria development has been. They have been eventually filled up (with the exception of the ring of void surrounding Fantisseria, although that’s part of its magic).

Unlike those gaps, serpentine in shape and located between different LH “districts”, this one is compact and it has Newbrook style homes all around. What will it be? We’ll see! 😃

(There also that weird 12-region grid hole in Sansara, roughly between regions Pepin and Kissling, enclosing two unconnected (private estate?) regions, Edge and Cayman, but that’s matter for a different thread…)

Edited by 4lice Cerise
  • Like 7

I hope that moles don't find this invasive, but while we've been watching the Swirly Pickle (oh, you know what I mean! The houseboat archipelago on Newbrooke's northeast coast) come swiftly into being, the moles might have started to create a coast-to-coast waterway in Newbrooke!  Obviously nowhere near the breadth of the Chalets' fabulous river, but still...it would be nice to have!

But I don't count on it, since Newbrooke rivers have to date all petered out before joining up with each other.  Sarah made note of the river on the west coast earlier (in SSPWhatsup Dock), and now we see an east coast river... and whole lotta not-yet-built regions in between :)

river2.JPG.c82d57f265550331eb10726177c02b36.JPG

river1.JPG.402093cd51c045130fe5c393842781e5.JPG

• Like 7

There are massive amounts of abandoned land, maintenance land, and land owned by various Lindens on Satori. I think LL is just waiting for enough abandoned parcels. Then they'll make beaches and roads with them. I don't think the beach at Chiffre is going to be the only one that connects to a Linden road, nor the only one that connects to navigable water. We just have to be patient and let things evolve kind of organically. As long as Linden Lab can create parcels that pay for a region, they're going to keep adding little (an not so little) gifts for us in some regions too.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

All the river/ canal regions between northern Newbrook and the Chalets are now bordered in Yellow or Red. I think more rez zones have been added along the water too. I'm hopeful that this will be part of a channel that runs from the west to the east of the Newbrook Homes regions, providing a small boat water passage though the subcontinent to the Satori mainland.

1649975930_SSPObladi-RezZones-July16_001.thumb.jpg.97aa9ba6509a00e821fdf5ceb2418350.jpg

• Like 3

Personally, I would not pay PPlus only to get these. No parcels is between the river and the road. All entrances faces the road. The backyards(gardens) is facing the neighbors.

Only homes worth the xtra money would have gardens facing a large amount of water, and with no houseboats or other buildings in a reasonable draw distance, 200-300m.

But that's me.

I also saw this in the log regions, where the roads was following the water's edge and all the houses was on the other side of the road, and the backyard/garden had no or very limited water view.

I know some will not agree. And if they love them, that's great. We do not want the same, all of us.

access.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Alexina Proctor said:

I cannot find where the colors of the borders are explained. Red, Yellow, Purple, White, etc. 

It's not been stated, but there are patterns in how the border colours are used. For a simpler region, it starts green, goes yellow and then goes red at the last stage. This used to be all there was, but blue, purple and pink also appear now. The other colours are especially likely on regions with added complications, like railroads or a more complex theme. The white borders have been seen on some recently added regions, as a step before the green border.

The switch to look for is when it goes from having a border (usually a red one) to the border being removed, the region given a final name and all building markers removed. That means it's probably close to release. Next, the houses will switch from "Protected Land" to "Linden Home", which means it's been released and houses are in the queue/can be requested by ticket for premium plus.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I like reading the markers that give direction to the Moles. One I've seen lately says "Work your magic here".  I assume it's directed toward a Mole who does amazing landscaping to make rather boring areas look special.

I think the meanings of the colors can change, but lately I've seen blue markers when houses still needed to go in. Green might mean that landscaping needs to be done, since I've seen green in areas where there were houses, but not yet landscaping. The colors could refer to specific Mole roles needed to "work their magic" in that particular region. 

All I think I know for certain is that Red is the last color before QA checks everything and gives the go ahead to release the region.

• Like 4

• Moles

The color codes on borders are a communication tool for Moles to know what the status of a region is and yes, it changes or we sometimes have added others. What is important is that we know what they mean. From a resident standpoint the take away should be that if it has a border of any color the region is unreleased and still requires more work before that can happen.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

Lol we keep posting theories about border colors ...

On 11/18/2021 at 3:13 PM, Moonstruck Mole said:

Nope! :D   Its important to know that these are just communication tools for us internally, and they often change depending on many different factors.

Its fun to watch everyone guess what they mean though.

On 4/29/2022 at 10:38 AM, Moonstruck Mole said:

:)  Some of those things might be falling into those 'categories' but its not what they mean, and the codes are not always consistent, some come and go depending on theme etc. etc. The important thing is WE know what they mean :D Though it is always entertaining to see what you all think they mean. :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1