SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

• Moles
12 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Only homes worth the xtra money would have gardens facing a large amount of water, and with no houseboats or other buildings in a reasonable draw distance, 200-300m.

We'd have to call them "Linden Homesteads" and that would be at a whole different price point. ;) 

Edit: No, that is not a thing

Edited by Abnor Mole
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

Though a house with no other houses anywhere around isn't a thing, some houses do have water views without other houses in the water direction. Quite a few of the upcoming coastal fantasy houses have a bit of real water and then the void (which is the buffer to keep fantasy separate, so unlikely to end up with stuff).

• Like 3

• Moles

integer Count;
string Max;
integer prims;
integer warn = 750;
integer cutoff = 500;
string maxmsg = "Max deco LI for this region is ";
string premsg = "\n \n Deco Budget left on main parcel\n \n";

check()
{
        Count = llGetParcelPrimCount(llGetPos(),PARCEL_COUNT_TOTAL,FALSE);
        Max = llGetObjectDesc();
        prims = (integer)Max - Count;
        if (prims < cutoff) {
            llSetText( maxmsg + (string)Max + premsg + (string)prims,<1.0,0.0,0.0>,1.0);}
        else if ((prims >= cutoff) && (prims < warn)) {
            llSetText( maxmsg + (string)Max + premsg + (string)prims,<1.0,1.0,0.0>,1.0);}  
        else if (prims >= warn) {
            llSetText( maxmsg + (string)Max + premsg + (string)prims,<0.0,1.0,0.0>,1.0);}

}

{
    state_entry()
    {
        llSetTimerEvent(1.0);
    }

touch_start(integer total_number)
    {
        check();  
        llResetScript();   
    }

timer()
    {
        check();     
    }
}

• Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

integer Count;
string Max;
integer prims;
integer warn = 750;
integer cutoff = 500;
string maxmsg = "Max deco LI for this region is ";
string premsg = "\n \n Deco Budget left on main parcel\n \n";

check()
{
        Count = llGetParcelPrimCount(llGetPos(),PARCEL_COUNT_TOTAL,FALSE);
        Max = llGetObjectDesc();
        prims = (integer)Max - Count;
        if (prims < cutoff) {
            llSetText( maxmsg + (string)Max + premsg + (string)prims,<1.0,0.0,0.0>,1.0);}
        else if ((prims >= cutoff) && (prims < warn)) {
            llSetText( maxmsg + (string)Max + premsg + (string)prims,<1.0,1.0,0.0>,1.0);}  
        else if (prims >= warn) {
            llSetText( maxmsg + (string)Max + premsg + (string)prims,<0.0,1.0,0.0>,1.0);}

}

{
    state_entry()
    {
        llSetTimerEvent(1.0);
    }

touch_start(integer total_number)
    {
        check();  
        llResetScript();   
    }

timer()
    {
        check();     
    }
}

Hey, this is perfect for a t-shirt with quotes!!!!  Someone today was asking about Bellisseria souvenirs 

Edited by Elena Core
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Soon 😄

Given these speculation pics, I believe it's important to state clearly that no Linden or Mole has said that Newbrooke and Satori will be linked in a way permitting water access to the Blake Sea.  There is no promise that this will happen.  We must just watch and sea (sic!) what happens 🤞

I would be overjoyed to be corrected if I'm wrong!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

I believe it's important to state clearly that no Linden or Mole has said that Newbrooke and Satori will be linked in a way permitting water access to the Blake Sea. 

ssshh... I am trying to Jedi mind trick the Moles

(These ARE the regions you want to rez)

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Here's some more speculation.

In Diamond's map above, there are 6 suggested water passage regions, going up 4, then over 2. 

What if they were to go over 2, then up 4 instead? They would still end at Stromberg, which now connects to the Linden rez zone beach and end of Route 8 D at Chaffre.

There is much abandoned land in these regions below Stromberg and Chaffre. If LL were to acquire a bit more, they could easily build another road either though Orlov or through Kleb and Dent to Route 8 C. There is already a strip of protected water at Kleb and Blofled. There are privately owned parcels between that strip and the abandoned land that could connect to Route 8 C.

At Orlov there is a small privately owned parcel between the water and the abandoned land, then skybox rental land between the abandoned land and Route 8 C.

Grunther is another water region in which LL controls a good amount of abandoned water land, but the route through here to Route 8 C would be pretty convoluted without more abandoned or acquired land.

422159670_NorthHouseBoatstoSatori-possiblewaterpassage.jpg.eb6780d09d32c5d9819a9437e7467297.jpg

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 5

Am I missing something? The expansion of Belliseria / LLHomeland in the past 18 months is pretty impressive.

Does this reflect the increase of Premium memberships? With approx 25 claimable homes per region. The map looks like the area had doubled at least. would be interesting to know the actual occupancy of existing homes, are there really that many people homeless? There's a 'bigger picture' here and my eyes are blurry.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

What if they were to go over 2, then up 4 instead? They would still end at Stromberg, which now connects to the Linden rez zone beach and end of Route 8 D at Chaffre.

Speculation on Peresephone's speculation...

First, Stromberg is the southernmost region that has protected water connectivity to the Blake Sea, so that is the PRIMARY reason for connecting there. Connecting to any regions south of Stromberg does not help water connectivity.

Also, connecting at Stromberg gives you access to Chiffre and route 8D, which connects you to route 8C.  GTFO could put a hub here http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Chiffre/220/13/22 for boat or truck freight. Lovely.

That would seem to solve ALL the connectivity issues.

All coastal parcels south of Stromberg and north of Rathais are owned. The protected water in Kleb/Blofeld does not connect to anything. To create another road extending eastward from the coast, Linden Lab would have to reclaim private land. Seems unlikely given that road connectivity is already established by route 8D.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Petros Aabye said:

Am I missing something? The expansion of Belliseria / LLHomeland in the past 18 months is pretty impressive.

Does this reflect the increase of Premium memberships? With approx 25 claimable homes per region. The map looks like the area had doubled at least. would be interesting to know the actual occupancy of existing homes, are there really that many people homeless? There's a 'bigger picture' here and my eyes are blurry.

In my experience, Linden Lab does an ok job describing what their products are, but are a bit opaque about why they do what they do. To get this "bigger picture", I suggest a "follow the money" approach.

Linden Lab and Tilia want to grow the base of users that have permanence, that is, that have parcels where they can rez the things that they purchase. Prior to Bellisseria, converting day one residents to land owners/renters was not easy (don't get me started on that). Bellisseria gives day one users a easy path to permanence... just click this button, pay, and pick your home.

Linking Premium membership to a Linden Home also gives a resident the best deal, $39/year (annual plan, after stipend), which is why old timers flock to Linden Homes.

In summary, Linden Homes both help convert new residents to permanent residents AND help retain old residents. This might improve Linden Lab direct revenue and give Tilia more transactions.

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

Speculation on Persephone's speculation...

First, Stromberg is the southernmost region that has protected water connectivity to the Blake Sea, so that is the PRIMARY reason for connecting there. Connecting to any regions south of Stromberg does not help water connectivity.

Also, connecting at Stromberg gives you access to Chiffre and route 8D, which connects you to route 8C.  GTFO could put a hub here http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Chiffre/220/13/22 for boat or truck freight. Lovely.

That would seem to solve ALL the connectivity issues.

All coastal parcels south of Stromberg and north of Rathais are owned. The protected water in Kleb/Blofeld does not connect to anything. To create another road extending eastward from the coast, Linden Lab would have to reclaim private land. Seems unlikely given that road connectivity is already established by route 8D.

I think it's pretty obvious now that there will be a connection from Bellisseria to Satori at Stromberg. Also keep in mind that the LDPW wants to make as few empty protected water regions as possible, with as many regions with paying Linden Homes as possible. We can't have nice public space unless someone is paying for it with private space.

Private space doesn't just have to be Linden Homes however. Developed mainland along roads a waterways is also desirable to residents, which the new Route 8D road from the beach at Chiffre has shown. All the parcels that were put up for auction here sold and are now providing income for LL. (Other parcels might have been abandoned so the owners could buy these, but I doubt there's been a net loss in revenue in this situation. The man-hours paid for constructing a beach and road probably weren't that much. I think this work was probably easier than putting in a single Linden Home region.)

If LL waits for land to be abandoned, creates Linden roads and beaches from some of this abandoned land, then sells parcels along these roads and water passages, they're starting to make mainland more profitable. I'm not saying they're going to force anyone to give up parcels they already have, but they might relocated someone if they're agreeable to the idea. They probably expect some of the inhabited parcels to become abandoned in the future, though they don't know yet which ones. It makes sense for them to have a plan for developing abandoned land when it becomes potentially profitable to do so.

If it costs just as much to create 6 water passage regions that only connect to mainland at one beach as it does to create 6 water passage regions that connect to mainland along 5 coastal regions and that same beach, why wouldn't they do this? Those 2 narrow strips of water passage would make this a 6 region strip of connected coastland, even if the water passage were only 5 regions connecting at Khan, Orlov, Carver and Stromberg.

This isn't quite a water passage from Bellisseria to the Blake Sea, but it's getting close to that without having to add too many empty water passage regions.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

If it costs just as much to create 6 water passage regions that only connect to mainland at one beach as it does to create 6 water passage regions that connect to mainland along 5 coastal regions and that same beach, why wouldn't they do this?

My guess is that by NOT connecting new regions to Satori (except at Stromberg), they have the option of filling the new regions with houseboats, as they did in SSPKermits Green

Also, they avoid charges of favoritism by Satori coastal parcel owners that did not get connected to a new region.

typo
  • Like 3

The connecting link might be at Smythe too.

Smythe is a protected water region on the northern border of Stromberg and is ideally placed as it doesn't have any neighbouring private regions or parcels, unlike Stromberg.

On the same latitude (1024) and just one region space to the east of Smythe is Satori's new coastal pier in Chiffre (which has a handy boat rez zone!), and Chiffre is also linked to Satori's road network by the new Route 8D road recently built in Arguilleries. Route 8D is also served by Satori's Yavapod vehicles.

Btw, did you know that the new pier and road are both less than 1 km distance to the Bear Castle museum in Dechene? The museum currently has a collection of 562 Linden and Mole bears on display!

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 8

On 7/20/2022 at 9:42 PM, Nika Talaj said:

Given these speculation pics, I believe it's important to state clearly that no Linden or Mole has said that Newbrooke and Satori will be linked in a way permitting water access to the Blake Sea.  There is no promise that this will happen.  We must just watch and sea (sic!) what happens 🤞

I would be overjoyed to be corrected if I'm wrong!

It would be great to see this happen. Yay for exciting sailing adventures if it does happen. 

I have been out of the loop since May but good to see the Bellisseria continent still expanding.

We want more 😁

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3