SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

22 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

Leave is alone and let us work without constantly feeling like we have someone looking over shoulder every minute. No one enjoys feeling like they are working under a microscope.

18 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

I think in the rush to be first to spot things people have gotten to the point many of us feel we're having things posted for public consumption (and the accompanying scrutiny/conjecture that naturally follows) while we are still knee deep in the creative process to make things unique and special and experiment with different idea and possibilities.

18 hours ago, Moonstruck Mole said:

We have never minded respectful curiosity. We understand that, and would be curious also if the shoe were on the other foot. The situation Abnor refers to is a different kettle of fish.

Notes taken.

Moonstruck's comments suggest to me that something has occurred beyond this forum.

If any Mole asks something of us, we should certainly comply. In a sense, Moles ARE us, just with more perms and a better financial arrangement with Linden Lab. We must mind our own business and let them mind theirs.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Patch might have accidently mentioned that Ranch Homes are a possible future theme....

I'd like to see Mediterranean coastal village homes. Think of Greece & Italy, a volcanic island with colorful houses overlooking the sea, winding cobblestone roads, hanging flowers, patios with little café tables.

Greek-Islands-Guide-and-Map.jpg.55751c3a98ea1a09036ddbd47ec87d17.jpg

mediterranean-village-at-night-dan-leffel.jpg.ad59c479d7e763fbbf53babffb711bdc.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Patch might have accidently mentioned (in SL19B) that Ranch Homes are a possible future theme name or style....

I came away with the distinct impression that he might have accidentally pre-announced that the first 2048 theme would be ranchland, available not before the end of the year.

From hiking in the Southwest, I can vouch that US residents might not be the only folks interested in such a theme.  On a pre-covid trip, it seemed to me that every other person I ran into on BLM land was German, and in the sprawling national parks Japanese photographers were out in full force.

He also said that his team is tossing notions around for larger parcels for existing themes, perhaps including something between 1024 and 2048, for those people who like the theme but just want  a few more prims or a bigger garden.

He put off more detailed LH roadmap discussion until Friday, which I guess might be at the marketing "Meet the Lindens" session at 1:00.

• Like 7

On 6/21/2022 at 6:55 PM, Persephone Emerald said:
On 6/21/2022 at 11:37 AM, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Eight new regions have appeared at the east side of Newbrooke, just to the north of SSPPierless.

Yippee! Coastline with islands!

Guessing from the used terrain textures, I’d say that the water area in these four regions (between SSPChowder Head and SSPSea Scape) is not meant to be sea, but river — some sort of estuary. But of course textures could still be changed…

Eitherway this is wonderful and I feel immanse gratitude and admiration toward the Moles and Lindens that are making all this happen, this uplifting resurgence of attention to Mainland in the last three (almost four) years!

Edited by 4lice Cerise
  • Like 4

Linden Home Roadmap ---------------------------

I think it is notable that apparently the moles have not begun building out the next theme following Sakura.  I say this because no new block of SSP regions have appeared, after Rouge (Sakura).  This is in line with Patch's statements about this year's Linden Home roadmap:

> He stated last year that the next theme would follow Newbrooke fairly quickly - which Sakura did.

> He also stated then, as well as at SL19B,  that after Sakura they would take a break from new themes and concentrate on augmenting previously released themes - which appears to be happening.  There are the 2 regions up in SSP whose names would seem to indicate that they are Victorian and Traditional community regions, they've teased open floor plans for trads for ages, and trads and houseboats REALLY need the new custom color capability.  

Also there's this, which I just noticed today.  Someone is working on what I think is a new noir (Newbrooke) region, SSPNCRW -- Newbrooke Community Region West???

ncr.JPG.c0732ebf1a53d1e14180d682e1b420c7.JPG

Patch also teased about possible mid-size parcels - how wonderful would it be to see an open-floorplan trad on a 1536 parcel?  Or a Newbrooke or Sakura (with those themes, you could rez a 512 home and have a HUGE garden!).

A few folks seem disappointed that LL didn't show a 2048 home when announcing Premium Plus.  I have a couple of thoughts about that:

> Nothing stops LL from building out existing themes on 2048 parcels.  Some of the Newbrooke and Sakura homes completely fill a 1024, side to side.  Putting those on a 2048 parcel makes perfect sense to me, tho Patch has not mentioned that as a possibility.

> Even if LL has a prototype for a new 2048 theme, it would have been really suicidal on their part to show it now.  They have never previewed a theme before building out some regions up in SSP, which they haven't had time to do.  Personally,  I don't see how you could tell if a theme design is really going to work until you build out a few regions.  So anything they show now about a new theme would be VERY preliminary - inviting we the peanut gallery to take out our knives.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 4lice Cerise said:

these four regions (between SSPChowder Head and SSPSea Scape)

In general, the new eastern shore of Newbrooke (the above and also between SSPAdmiralty Reef and SSPPierless) has interesting relief — not dramatic or rugged but hilly enough. I enjoyed its current pristine state for some low lag / high fps offroading:

1022807074_SSPCommodoresRegret_001.png.e2bbc610d47839b73eb29ae7f61f37cf.png

The above in SSPCommodores Regret, the ones below in SSPBrisa Gaivota:

1622633466_SSPBrisaGaivota_001.png.4202c55db41d27264ad38a192757d7da.png

935155470_SSPBrisaGaivota_002.png.ab12e58beb003aa72e75118f3cf39ad6.png

Very few items rezzed: I only saw the mid-region giant “pins” and region edge markers: These seem to be dashed this time: white(ish) with transparent gaps.

And more funny, whimsical region names!

Edited by 4lice Cerise
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

Linden Home Roadmap ---------------------------

I think it is notable that apparently the moles have not begun building out the next theme following Sakura.  I say this because no new block of SSP regions have appeared, after Rouge (Sakura).  This is in line with Patch's statements about this year's Linden Home roadmap:

> He stated last year that the next theme would follow Newbrooke fairly quickly - which Sakura did.

> He also stated then, as well as at SL19B,  that after Sakura they would take a break from new themes and concentrate on augmenting previously released themes - which appears to be happening.  There are the 2 regions up in SSP whose names would seem to indicate that they are Victorian and Traditional community regions, they've teased open floor plans for trads for ages, and trads and houseboats REALLY need the new custom color capability.  

Also there's this, which I just noticed today.  Someone is working on what I think is a new noir (Newbrooke) region, SSPNCRW -- Newbrooke Community Region West???

ncr.JPG.c0732ebf1a53d1e14180d682e1b420c7.JPG

Patch also teased about possible mid-size parcels - how wonderful would it be to see an open-floorplan trad on a 1536 parcel?  Or a Newbrooke or Sakura (with those themes, you could rez a 512 home and have a HUGE garden!).

A few folks seem disappointed that LL didn't show a 2048 home when announcing Premium Plus.  I have a couple of thoughts about that:

> Nothing stops LL from building out existing themes on 2048 parcels.  Some of the Newbrooke and Sakura homes completely fill a 1024, side to side.  Putting those on a 2048 parcel makes perfect sense to me, tho Patch has not mentioned that as a possibility.

> Even if LL has a prototype for a new 2048 theme, it would have been really suicidal on their part to show it now.  They have never previewed a theme before building out some regions up in SSP, which they haven't had time to do.  Personally,  I don't see how you could tell if a theme design is really going to work until you build out a few regions.  So anything they show now about a new theme would be VERY preliminary - inviting we the peanut gallery to take out our knives.

If LL is planning to use an existing theme for larger ranch parcels  (either 2048 m or 1536 m), the more open Traditionalis make more sense to me than Newbrooks or Sakura in terms of what looks like a ranch house. A Southwestern style would also make sense thematically. They're still going to have to limit breedables, but if people have a 1538 m parcel they might be ok with 3, while with a 2048 m parcel they might be ok with 4.

I also like the idea of larger parcels with small mansions on them based on RL upscale neighborhoods. These could not be limited to only Premium or Premium Plus members visiting them since people have friends they'd like to invite over, so they can't really have a gated community. Further, if LL creates a neighborhood of exclusively 1536 m and 2048 m homes, especially if they look like mansions, it could be targeted by griefers who want to irritate their perceived elitist users. I had thought a neighborhood of mansions would be a good thing for those who want it, but now I think it would only draw envy, criticism and griefing. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, 4lice Cerise said:

the new eastern shore of Newbrooke ([between SSPChowder Head and SSPSea Scape] and also between SSPAdmiralty Reef and SSPPierless) has [...] region edge markers: These seem to be dashed this time: white(ish) with transparent gaps.

More about these:

1.  The texture seems to be checkered of white and white, with alternating squares of higher and lower alpha. This of course is averaged out on the worldmap tile, yielding different looks inworld and on the map, unlike the no-texture tinted region edge markers we had so far. This is kinda neat!
  2. These new region edge markers are path-cut to show only on the edge facing the future neighboring region, instead of going all around the region itself. This is very neat! (Yep, region edge markers are prims, I didn’t know that and I’m glad to learn: 256×256×z megas by Gene Replacement hollowed to 95% and facing up — really old school! Love it!)
  3. Like some of the previous Newbrooke and Sakura region edge markers, these are rezzed at ground level, and thus often obscured/covered by elevated terrain. Will these ever be moved up to 100-something meters? We’ll see!

See this screenshot of the SW corner of region SSPSloop John B:

132325073_SSPSloopJohnB_001.png.69c2f2b9bf6baaa36b218ead3c6a6615.png

Edited by 4lice Cerise
  • Like 5

Wibbly Crossroads, an unreleased fantasy area, switched to having light grass texture on the map. The actual region doesn't right now, but strange magic is happening! I don't think this is important, but I've not seen it happen before, so go admire the map while you still can.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

The world map has ghosts, so perhaps this is some prior image. The map image below is the east coast of the Newbrookes, with ghosts. In one of the Meet the Lindens sessions, someone mentioned fixing the world map  to eliminate ghosts and rez mesh, which would allow us to see roads. In some regions (logs, campers) roads are not visible at all. Don't recall any timeline for fixing the world map.

world map ghost.PNG

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

The world map has ghosts, so perhaps this is some prior image. The map image below is the east coast of the Newbrookes, with ghosts. In one of the Meet the Lindens sessions, someone mentioned fixing the world map  to eliminate ghosts and rez mesh, which would allow us to see roads. In some regions (logs, campers) roads are not visible at all. Don't recall any timeline for fixing the world map.

It's a prior image in the sense that the region doesn't look like it now, but it's not like the ones where a completely different region shows on the map as a ghost. All the waterways and houses line up with the current region. It's just the ground texture that's different. It could have been done as part of a test, an accident, or just seeing if we were paying attention. Either way, I thought it was fun.

• Like 3

• Moles
17 hours ago, yestothis said:

I'm loving the idea of greener-grass Fantasy homes.

This is what that would actually look like using the normal LH terrain textures
d381b2e70cef562aa7c882e694ad683d.jpg

It is an interesting idea on its face, but all of the content made to blend with the terrain and the Fantasy color palette looks quite odd and out of place.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Omg, more regions at northeastern Bellisseria / Newbrook!

2121594604_SSPGehryCorners_001.thumb.png.fc818703fff659f16f55f53d2e950949.png

As happened before with the newest additions to Newbrook, these regions are already walkable-on, but not yet visible on the inworld map — visually undistinguishable from voids: no name/info, we get a blue ring from clicking.

This used to be the other way around, right? New SSP regions used to be visible on the map but not accessible. I hope this is all about making work simpler for the Moles (may their cute names be hallowed!).

Edited by 4lice Cerise
more blablabla
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Sixteen new regions have appeared between Bellisseria and Satori continents, just above the eight from earlier this month!

And they are:

1091-1099;1014
SSPMidas Touch
SSPSquash Ladder
SSPVodka Twist
SSPScooter Park
SSPAllegretto Grazioso
SSPMoondog
SSPGodot Waits
SSPKermits Green
SSPGustoso Gelato

1092-1098;1013