SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

Thirteen new Ranch regions have appeared on the World Map today, eleven containing Ranch houses.

Ranchexpansion6July2023.thumb.png.bc1d674352eb89bd003a11ff01ae9e77.png

These thirteen include one water region named Itsa Fluke situated on a new southern expansion which connects with the "Squishy Pickle" Deno HouseBoats region. (I've already sailed it, both ways!)

ItsaFluke5Jul2023FirstCrossingbetweenBoatHousesandRanch.thumb.jpg.dc67d9932e651240777b66d655cd5cb1.jpg

Ranch has also expanded northwards too and includes a second undeveloped homestead region called Blind Pete, which is identical in nature to the earlier Overall region found to the east.

List of new regions:

Grizzly Siding, Turnbuckle, Catamount Ridge

Backdoor, Snake Eyes, Yowsa, Blind Pete (Homestead)

Jaspers Mill, Coopers Rest

Poplar Grove, Chalupa

Carsons Folly

Itsa Fluke (shore region, joining to Deno in HouseBoats)

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 10

4 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Itsa Fluke (shore region, joining to Deno in HouseBoats)

For water connectivity from Old Belli to the Stilts, we now need 21 regions to connect Itsa Fluke to Nothing Here along the southern Ranch coast, which would be an alternative to finishing the northern coast of the Logs. That requires 19 coastal regions, 7 from Man Overboard to Three Sheets and 12 from Three Sheets to Really Wet.

Alternately, they could connect Itsa Fluke to WelcomeHubCommunity with 7 regions, then connect from there to Nothing Here with 7 more regions for a total of 14. Note that Motown has no water passage.

The name "Itsa Fluke" suggests the answer to "When?".... which is, "fahgettaboudit, it's a fluke!".

Edited by diamond Marchant
usual typos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

It doesn't.  The nearest is at a lighthouse in Echo Cove. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Echo Cove/204/230/22

EchoCoveRezZone.thumb.png.0c5719018460613211db07ed70e82c60.png

A single water region on either side of Itsa Fluke  would make sailing to the Ranch Home regions much easier & take some of the traffic burden off the residents living in Deco.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

A single water region on either side of Itsa Fluke  would make sailing to the Ranch Home regions much easier & take some of the traffic burden off the residents living in Deco.

As I see it, the value of Itsa fluke is that it provides connectivity for AIR travel across the Ranch regions. It is of little use to sailors at the moment in that it is an empty dead end. A dock and rez zone would make it useful for boats.

• Like 5

I see two more sets of 6-region Ranch tiles.  That brings the number of Ranch regions in easily identified tiles up to 36, and probably there's more - I'm not going to look for any more.  This goes to explain how the moles have been able to so quickly assemble new swathes of ranchland.

This tile:

image.png.a19cb85b400c33de115f2cecc375b2ac.png

Is the same as this tile:

image.png.e0d82bd668cea54d673e15d2f2dc3898.png

and THIS tile:

image.png.33c07beca913f9d59c28720ff84bbcbc.png

is the same as THIS tile:

image.png.32f9497dfdda5d20c82fe3c6ff7481dc.png

In non-Ranch news, a new set of 3 regions has appeared up in the SSP area:

image.png.26898856b11558ff1a4d1f1f128b6e4d.png

And work is rapidly progressing now on Vic Island.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Vic Island has sprouted some bridges and new coastal rez zones, as well as a lighthouse, see red below.  The Northeast coastline is still undeveloped, so more may come.

vicisland.thumb.PNG.3bee8d691252456d3119ac5ba0b28bfc.PNG

I'm not a fan of these bridges at all!

• Confused 1

As a resident of Dimanche, all I can say is welcome to all the future new neighbors!
I love my view even more now.

3 hours ago, AzureWaves said:

I'm not a fan of these bridges at all!

Aw! I personally love the crap out of the Linden Home bridges. I've got a new bridge view if I up my draw distance, but i'm good with the one near my house.
I actually hadn't known about the new land mass being so much bigger until a friend who uses my Linden Homes pointed it out.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, s2Pandora said:

As a resident of Dimanche, all I can say is welcome to all the future new neighbors!
I love my view even more now.

Lol I feel the same.  Not only does it lend a little more interest to the view, but am I going to give up this, with water in front AND back, rez zones, 11 homes in the region, and a florist shop out front?  Because of a bridge that I can sail a tall ship through, if I make it phantom before setting sail?  Newp!

image.thumb.jpeg.64dbcab19b832b7086bbd37f46fed560.jpeg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Nine new Ranch regions have appeared on the World Map today.

They are named:

Wolverine, Comeuppance, Gilead

I’m not one of those folks who are put off keeping a house in some regions because of their names, but I wouldn’t want to live in Gilead…

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Nine new Ranch regions have appeared on the World Map today.

Ranchexpansion12July2023.thumb.png.09d560719acd6231a3098d8c06069f27.png

They are named:

Wolverine, Comeuppance, Gilead

Yellowjacket, Forgiveness, Billygoat

Hobnail Pass, Juniper Falls, Moose Lick

I wonder if there will be a Chocolate Moose 🫎  ?

What about Cow Slip 🐄? (Cowslip is a plant.)

Pumpkin Head 🎃 ? (continuing the horror theme)

Green Acres? Green Bean? Sweet Potato? (Regions named after vegetables could be a thing.)

Any other ideas for what might be the fastest growing theme in Bellesseria?

• Like 3