SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

SSP Shell Yeah has a water rez zone now as well as the airstrip.

990420231_SSPShellYeh-Aug26_001.thumb.jpg.9098fc1cf70e1292b8b847b979cfb7b6.jpg

Moles are working on more of the regions here. The borders are changing colors too. There are so many red-border regions now just waiting to be released! - Fantasy, Newbrooks & Houseboats. Some Chalets with no borders too. I wonder if LL is going to release them all at the same time?

• Like 7

A lot seems to have been going on since June, when I stopped looking in for a while, since I wasn't playing GoH any more and was mostly surviving RL heat.  It was good to see Daniel here again, but not nice to see Abnor upset.  I'm just a little confused now about what people think the topic is, as there are so many other things than SSP being discussed.  This isn't so much a criticism as a "Wow, the enthusiasm is really going haywire", and I'm not sure what else to say except I admire all the work the Moles and Lindens have put into Bellisseria, and that of residents keeping an eye on developments.  You all have more patience and energy than I have. :) 

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
Typos.
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

A lot seems to have been going on since June, when I stopped looking in for a while, since I wasn't playing GoH any more and was mostly surviving RL heat.  It was good to see Daniel here again, but not nice to see Abnor upset.  I'm just a little confused now about what people think the topic is, as there are so many other things than SSP being discussed.  This isn't so much a criticism as a "Wow, the enthusiasm is really going haywire", and I'm not sure what else to say except I admire all the work the Moles and Lindens have put into Bellisseria, and that of residents keeping an eye on developments.  You all have more patience and energy than I have. :) 

You missed all the..let's call it "Fun"!

• Haha 5

Fifteen new Stilt Home regions have appeared on the map today.

277624636_Stilts02Sep2022.thumb.png.4dab6b76d0f310419ccbbd4341d87f37.png

They are named:

SSPOrillas Nuevas, SSPTombolo, SSPEpharisto, SSPSwashbuckle, SSPPilates Cove, SSPGood Terns, SSPNaughty Gulls, SSPWhite Crane Bayou, SSPPearl Strand, SSPOysterParade, SSPSluefoot Slough, SSPLeeward Channel, SSPWhite Cliffs, SSPEarly Light, SSPSturmhafen

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

51 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

They are named:

SSPOrillas Nuevas, SSPTombolo, SSPEpharisto, SSPSwashbuckle, SSPPilates Cove, SSPGood Terns, SSPNaughty Gulls, SSPWhite Crane Bayou, SSPPearl Strand, SSPOysterParade, SSPSluefoot Slough, SSPLeeward Channel, SSPWhite Cliffs, SSPEarly Light, SSPSturmhafen

Well spotted Sarah :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/2/2022 at 11:38 AM, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

They are named:

This is so exciting!! Hopefully we get it soon.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, AzureWaves said:

I don't want folks to think they need to buy P+ to get great parcels though; I have been able to always get great sites on a roll or two, sometimes rolling again the next day.  Got this one in this area on the first roll recently, a Stilt on Land but right beside a rez zone and looking directly out onto the main waterway:  https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Haddock/243/187/24

• Like 6

2 hours ago, AzureWaves said:

Can you do that? I mean if there are still blue circles around the homes? How can you be certain that your ticket will be done before they release the homes to everyone.

Previously they said the house had to be released to be ticketed. That means it'd be marked as "Linden Home" and not "Protected Land". I guess you might get lucky and the ticket is processed just after the release happens, but without knowing when they'll release and how fast the ticket queue is going, the odds of timing it right are not good.

If they release all the regions at once, there might be a window for ticketing some houses. Depends how quickly they fill. The automatic system gets priority, so it is likely to win for a theme in high demand.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yestothis said:

If a region is named, it’s ready for a ticket. A linden told me. 

I thought it was ready for a ticket when the regions were named and the spots went from Protected Land to showing as Linden Home. Regardless, the regions getting their names is a good sign they are gonna be released/available soon. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yestothis said:

If a region is named, it’s ready for a ticket. A linden told me. 

Please refer to this post by Derrick Linden

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/486501-premium-plus-and-linden-homes/?do=findComment&comment=2492139

In summary, I asked if there is ever a period of time when a Premium Plus member could file a ticket on an unclaimed home that was not yet in the queue of homes that could be assigned via the Linden Homes selection page. His answer was NO.

Currently (6:30pm SLT Sep  7,2022), the Beach Daze region is no longer is prefixed by SSP. The stilt homes have blue bumpers around them. There are no stilts available on the Linden Homes selection page. Consequently, the homes in Beach Daze are not available to claim via ticket even though the SSP has been removed.

Note that Derrick's answer of NO is possibly contradicted by his later statement that removing the SSP means the region is released. He should have said "about to be released".

Note also that the Premium Plus FAQ says " Premium Plus members can request a specific Linden Home, as long as the home is not occupied, the region is released". It does not say that a pool of homes is set aside that can only be acquired by Premium Plus members via request.

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

Please refer to this post by Derrick Linden

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/486501-premium-plus-and-linden-homes/?do=findComment&comment=2492139

In summary, I asked if there is ever a period of time when a Premium Plus member could file a ticket on an unclaimed home that was not yet in the queue of homes that could be assigned via the Linden Homes selection page. His answer was NO.

Currently (6:30pm SLT Sep  7,2022), the Beach Daze region is no longer is prefixed by SSP. The stilt homes have blue bumpers around them. There are no stilts available on the Linden Homes selection page. Consequently, the homes in Beach Daze are not available to claim via ticket even though the SSP has been removed.

Note that Derrick's answer of NO is possibly contradicted by his later statement that removing the SSP means the region is released. He should have said "about to be released".

Note also that the Premium Plus FAQ says " Premium Plus members can request a specific Linden Home, as long as the home is not occupied, the region is released". It does not say that a pool of homes is set aside that can only be acquired by Premium Plus members via request.

1) True. The best way to identify these right now is to check if the region name starts with SSP. If it does, then it is still a work in progress. Our currently release method has these regions renamed at the time they are released to remove the SSP label. 

Looks like Derrick confirmed it. Remove SSP label = released. So any region is available. Release could mean release for claiming as I understand it. The only way to know is submit a ticket.

3 minutes ago, AzureWaves said:

Release could mean release for claiming as I understand it. The only way to know is submit a ticket.

If anyone succeeds in making a PP claim while the land page queue for that type of home is empty, please let us know.  Thanks in advance!

I believe I saw that done when the previous set of stilt regions were released, but I didn't document it, so am not completely sure.

• Like 2

Some stilts ended up in a weird situation due to the house type bug. They were technically released, but not on the land page, as they were fixing them having the wrong house type. That wasn't a normal situation and hopefully this release won't have that sort of issue.

Regions are not released simply by changing the region name. There are other steps. We don't know all of them, but can see some of them happening. Derrick looks to have been trying to make it simple for non-technical people, rather than saying that's all that's needed to release a region. It was made clear in other answers that only released houses count.

None of this stops you putting in a ticket and hoping for the best, but keep expectations low.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, AzureWaves said:

Looks like Derrick confirmed it. Remove SSP label = released. So any region is available. Release could mean release for claiming as I understand it. The only way to know is submit a ticket.

In the post by Derrick Linden that I linked above, he clarifies by saying....

All parcels (both those returning to the pool of available parcels by way of a resident abandoning, or newly released parcels) are made available to both Premium and Premium Plus members simultaneously.

Key word is simultaneously. If the stilts in Beach Daze are not available on the Linden Home selection page, then they are also NOT available to Premium Plus members.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

The stilts are going out and the question is answered with a bit of fungal spying. I haven't seen any unreleased "Protected Land" parcels switch to a new owner. I am seeing a few getting assigned by ticket in the released regions. So it works much as expected. They don't seem able to assign houses on unreleased regions. The houses on released regions are filling slowly enough that some tickets will process before the house is automatically filled. Let the battle between tickets and randomness commence!

• Like 3

FYI...there have been some Newbrooke regions released in the last few days as well. I got a few parcels that had green boxes around them. When I went in to try one more time for something with water, I saw that both stilts on land and stilts on water were available, which clued me in that some regions may have been released. So, I changed course.

The newer Newbrooke regions feature more rolling terrain, which actually helps with not aligning your windows with neighbors' windows.

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 5

Update on the stilts situation as of 9pm SLT on Sep 8, 2022... all 3 types of stilts are still available and apparently have been for the last 8 hours. I abandonned a stilt on pier in Memison and got a new one in Stay Salty via the Linden Homes assignment page. The Beach Daze region was released and there are still available stilts there. As Polenth says, it appears that at this moment both ticketing and chance assignment are in process simultaneously. Has the Linden Home craze died down or are we seeing a slow day due to world events (RIP QE2)?

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 2

The newer SSP stilts by the log homes are getting red borders and there's a row of red borders in the new houseboat area (SSPChowder Head to SSPAdmiralty Reef). Plus all the older ones in red in the chalets, newbrooke and fantasy. My guess would be they'll release more houseboats next, given the demand for those.

Stilts are filling slowly, but I don't take this to mean that people are no longer interested. Loads of houses are occupied. It's more that the supply is starting to meet the demand. For now anyway. They'll have a wave of new people when the old areas close down.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Polenth Yue said:

The newer SSP stilts by the log homes are getting red borders and there's a row of red borders in the new houseboat area (SSPChowder Head to SSPAdmiralty Reef). Plus all the older ones in red in the chalets, newbrooke and fantasy. My guess would be they'll release more houseboats next, given the demand for those.

Stilts are filling slowly, but I don't take this to mean that people are no longer interested. Loads of houses are occupied. It's more that the supply is starting to meet the demand. For now anyway. They'll have a wave of new people when the old areas close down.

Given so many new Linden Homes being created, I'm imagining there might be a sale on Premium subscriptions for Black Friday weekend too.  (One can hope.)

• Like 2