SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

It's currently pinned at the top of the forum, but for people reading this thread in two years time, this is what they were working on for Fairstone Quarry in fantasy (they had a copy of the region in the work-in-progress area). It's a new bookable region for weddings and similar events. It'll be interesting to see if they do other similar things elsewhere (I'm still placing bets on the void area in newbrooke getting something community related as part of the build).

Edited by Polenth Yue
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

Sure there is.
image.png.a8f8655001000da4b5bed841dd41962f.png

QFT.  Wouldn't this be a great place for some 2048 log parcels?

I've been hoping for this to be done for SO long!  Lately I'd been taking hope from the fact that it did not appear that development on a new theme had started up in SSP - thought maybe they were going to concentrate on finishing coastlines.  Even though it may be that the moles are busy on some other project [maybe the ACS Renaissance Faire?].  Generally there's only a team of 2 working on decorating the huge new Newbrooke/Houseboat project up north, and I never catch more than two working up in the SSP area.

However, today I noticed this.NewTheme.thumb.JPG.790b03a32c123a5ec4d1a1e5dba922db.JPG

The pink area up in SSP has been gradually disappearing and "loading..." for maybe a year or so.  But today, these 51 pink regions are all live.  Looks to me like work on a new theme has started!  That's exciting, but I mourn for the prospects of Belli's missing Northwest Passage.

We all have our pet priorities.  For several, the passage to the Blake Sea was paramount, and of course I'm happy and SO impressed that it's been done.  But, this little chunk of coastline has been top of my list for a long, long time now.  It makes me feel a little better that I'm not the only person.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

QFT.  Wouldn't this be a great place for some 2048 log parcels?

I've been hoping for this to be done for SO long!  Lately I'd been taking hope from the fact that it did not appear that development on a new theme had started up in SSP - thought maybe they were going to concentrate on finishing coastlines.  Even though it may be that the moles are busy on some other project.  Generally there's only a team of 2 working on decorating the huge new Newbrooke/Houseboat project up north, and I never catch more than two working up in the SSP area.

However, today I noticed this.NewTheme.thumb.JPG.790b03a32c123a5ec4d1a1e5dba922db.JPG

The pink area up in SSP has been gradually disappearing and "loading..." for maybe a year or so.  But today, these 51 pink regions are all live.  Looks to me like work on a new theme has started!  That's exciting, but I mourn for the prospects of Belli's missing Northwest Passage.

We all have our pet priorities.  For several, the passage to the Blake Sea was paramount, and of course I'm happy and SO impressed that it's been done.  But, this little chunk of coastline has been top of my list for a long, long time now.  It makes me feel a little better that I'm not the only person.

Do we know what theme pink represents?  1500s seem like a pretty low number, so could it be one that already exists?

Of course I want that northern Victorian, Log Home and Stilts coastline to be filled in. I live right on that void and would gladly give up my fake sea view for a navitagatable coastline.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Do we know what theme pink represents?  1500s seem like a pretty low number, so could it be one that already exists?

SSP1501-SSP1551 were the original Stilt Pink theme development regions, they appeared in the summer of 2020.  They were gone from the grid but still visible ("loading ...") before February 2021. 

It looks like LL just brought back the exact old regions. I suppose it's possible that they brought back the  stilt tiles because they're deploying a new stilt area and want to use some old stilt tiles (haha maybe that could fill Newbrooke's donut hole!).  But I kind of doubt it, tho I don't know --- maybe they restored these pink regions before putting up the new stilts along LogLand's east coast?  I haven't been watching that closely.

OTOH, wouldn't be surprised if this pink block changed names to SSP6xxx or something soon, and was used for a new theme.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

SSP1501-SSP1551 were the original Stilt Pink theme development regions, they appeared in the summer of 2020.  They were gone from the grid but still visible ("loading ...") before February 2021. 

It looks like LL just brought back the exact old regions. I suppose it's possible that they brought back the  stilt tiles because they're deploying a new stilt area and want to use some old stilt tiles (haha maybe that could fill Newbrooke's donut hole!).  But I kind of doubt it, tho I don't know --- maybe they restored these pink regions before putting up the new stilts along LogLand's east coast?  I haven't been watching that closely.

OTOH, wouldn't be surprised if this pink block changed names to SSP6xxx or something soon, and was used for a new theme.

I'm half expecting Lake Void TM in the middle of the Newbrooks to be filled with 2048 parcels. Then those folks will be close to the Blake Sea access without being right on the coast. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

You definitely aren't the only person.  I am ever hopeful that at some point, I will be able to travel from my houseboat at Point A to  my stilt home at Point B without having to go the long way around or change vehicles.  

image.thumb.png.ad7c5c71d1f21eaf570e33d28327ac4c.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

/me has never seen any green dots in the restored pink SSP regions, and I see that the most recently added stilts (southeast LogLand coast) were in fact two multiregion "tiles" that have been used in the past.  So I think that SSP1501 - SSP1551 were indeed restored to help the moles quickly deploy new stilt regions.  I wonder if more will be forthcoming?  There are a lot of places where new stilts could go without perturbing existing builds.

/me glances at SSPVCR and gently places a marker on Giant Squid.  Pondering SSPTCR, I eye Millbank dubiously.  It's perfect, but .... maybe reserved for that mythical market area?  /me places a marker on Clamiranha ... doesn't care for the crowded look of it ... removes it and glances at Millbank again ... scratches her chin.

I believe that it is now fall in Fantasseria, I love those orange tints.

• Like 4

On 10/12/2022 at 11:03 AM, Nika Talaj said:

/me glances at SSP1501-1551, and reminds herself of the large area that has been cleared next to the stilts (and above the MISSING NORTHWEST PASSAGE above LogLand).  All regions within the red border have been moved elsewhere.

clean.thumb.JPG.a1a71993bd5cfd7654ab2b6f236da451.JPG

I wonder if Premium Plus People move in there, if we'd be more likely to get a finished coastline and water passage along the northern Log Home subcontinent?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4lice Cerise said:

Fullbright eyesore in Stiltsland. 🤢

AR it under whatever random category appeals to you (object littering, inappropriate content, etc.) and clarify in the subject line that it's out of theme and therefore a Bellisserian covenant violation.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2