SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

• Moles
2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Interesting.  Anyone know of any non-Shergood aircraft that use Shergood's fuel system?  I think I've seen GFS pumps at airports, which kinda puzzled me since (at least a while ago) they didn't dispense aviation fuel?

I only installed those at the airstrips after conferring with the creator (who gave me an unbranded version). If we did put any out at LDPW locations it needed to be as universal as possible (not limited to only the creators planes). The way the pumps work they should already be compatible with many other brands the system "knows" 

https://shergoodaviation.com/aircraft.php

The creator also made the fuel protocols open and provides a method for creators to add their custom channel when configuring an aircraft type in the database and has updated their documentation to include a link to a page for creators with the fuel pump protocol description for the pump.

https://shergoodaviation.com/wiki/index.php?title=KellyFuel

TL/DR: The pump we used is free of branding, can be used by many other brands already and is open for other creators to make their planes compatible with it if they wish at no cost. 

Edited by Abnor Mole
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

Today (11/22/2022) enhancements to Traditional LHs were released  The new open floorplan versions feature nearly completely open 1st floors, hooray!  As well as My Colors for interior walls (no new faces, so changing the color generally changes it throughout the whole home, as before).

I have a question about one of the new home controller features ...  @Quartz Mole , what, in practical terms, does this mean for users?  Or is it something to make it easier for moles to put together a region with a variety of house themes on it (landscape permitting?).

House controllers have now been updated to use common communications protocols with the rezzer and with houses on the parcels with which they are associated, so that all themes (except Fantasy) may safely be mixed and matched.

ETA: btw, the new Traditional Community Center in Chippewa Junction is incredible, a rather formal Americana build, with a LOT to explore in the building.  Wedding chapel, banquet hall, auditorium, a very amusing library, and more.  Plus, they've done some lovely Trad landscaping around it.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 7

• Moles
14 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I have a question about one of the new home controller features ...  @Quartz Mole , what, in practical terms, does this mean for users?  Or is it something to make it easier for moles to put together a region with a variety of parcel types on it (landscape permitting?).

The main changes to the housecontrollers as far as users are concerned are that everyone should now find an additional button on the menu that will deliver a security orb directly to them (previously you have to find it it in the Content Creation Pack) and, in the case of the Traditional Houses, home owners will find some additional menu choices for open-plan houses.    

We've also taken the opportunity to revise the communications and rezzing systems, which should fix some bugs with houses in particular themes not de-rezzing when they're supposed to and should also make the rezzers more reliable and less prone to stall.  But, as you suggest, the main difference is that, going forward, our region designers will be able to mix houses from different themes (other than Fantasy) together on the same region as they want.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

51 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

everyone should now find an additional button on the menu that will deliver a security orb directly to them....going forward, our region designers will be able to mix houses from different themes (other than Fantasy) together on the same region as they want.  

Wow, mixed themes, that sounds interesting. That suggests we'll be seeing this in future themes...maybe it's something for the 2048 homes?

I like the orb update, nice idea.

• Like 4

Also, I think it's important to note that the new Community Center region, Chippewa Junction, is part of the largest and most (IMHO) gorgeous park in Bellisseria, often called Mole National Park.  It goes along the border between the Traditional and Vic areas of Olde Belli.  These regions:

• Peace Canyon
  • Varmint Hills
  • Chippewa Junction
  • Down Time (which you can sail to, it has a dock.  (which for impenetrable reasons, has no rez zone.)
  • Shallow Springs (half of it; if you ever get a trad there, KEEP IT, there are only 5 homes in the region)

MNP.JPG.df957304bbfd95eb964fe982600736a3.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Also, I think it's important to note that the new Community Center region, Chippewa Junction, is part of the largest and most (IMHO) gorgeous park in Bellisseria, often called Mole National Park.  It goes along the border between the Traditional and Vic areas of Olde Belli.  These regions:

• Peace Canyon
  • Varmint Hills
  • Chippewa Junction
  • Down Time (which you can sail to, it has a dock.  (which for impenetrable reasons, has no rez zone.)
  • Shallow Springs (half of it; if you ever get a trad there, KEEP IT, there are only 5 homes in the region)

I just had a Shallow Springs yesterday or day before and tossed it! LOL

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

• Peace Canyon
  • Varmint Hills
  • Chippewa Junction

I often sail from my Vic in Poole (not far away !) to Down Time then wander around that area. I've taken loads of pics and put them as pictures in various homes. It's a really lovely area.

Edited by Madonna666
Too much work and not enough play makes Fred make typos
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

• Peace Canyon
  • Varmint Hills
  • Chippewa Junction

My Trad is the southernmost one in Innside, with all of that parkland to the west and south/southwest (plus only 13 other houses in the region) - can't see a single neighboring house from the parcel, just hills on all four sides - it's definitely a forever home!

• Like 7

I am not a big fun of the building in Chippewa Junction, it looks a bit 80s to me, but I totally love the park around it. 

And the fact they have have used painting from international artists, not just US ones, it is a nice wink to other countries. I saw Velázquez there and it put a smile on my face.

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

Stuff is happening. More naming of chalet coast houseboat regions and border removal, so I'd expect some releases soon. Regions are also appearing in the gap between chalets and newbrooke, going east from SSPJosie Banks.

Omg those new regions between chalets and newbrooks appear to be more boats!

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

Stuff is happening. More naming of chalet coast houseboat regions and border removal, so I'd expect some releases soon. Regions are also appearing in the gap between chalets and newbrooke, going east from SSPJosie Banks.

I might be getting what I wanted between the Chalets and Newbrookes but, in this section, at least, it looks as if the central waterway I dreamed of will be lined with houseboats.  Here I am standing on the bridge between Trinkgeld and Nine Lives.

37237505_AbnerMoleCard0_001.thumb.jpg.c8cbb8b2d6452baf3c880ee26c091fdb.jpg

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I might be getting what I wanted between the Chalets and Newbrookes but, in this section, at least, it looks as if the central waterway I dreamed of will be lined with houseboats.  Here I am standing on the bridge between Trinkgeld and Nine Lives.

37237505_AbnerMoleCard0_001.thumb.jpg.c8cbb8b2d6452baf3c880ee26c091fdb.jpg

Most def

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/7/2022 at 3:55 PM, Polenth Yue said:

Ooooh, now we need a connection between this as-yet-unnamed water channel and the main Magellan Passage (through the chalets). Hoping it's in the works :)

• Like 4

Took the boat through the new waterway and successfully navigated to Brookside in the chalets via the small riverway through Phloom, Woozy and Aileron. Good connection, with the exception of three too-low bridges in Woozy - had to edit the boat through them, grrrr... Please moles, pretty please make the navigation easy for us. Make those bridges a wee bit taller or even eliminate two of them - who needs three bridges so close together?

There is another small riverway from Magellan Passage to the eastern shoreline of the chalets - Poplar Springs-Mogul-Kettle Pond-Citadel Lake-Halbert - that has that same problem of three impassable low bridges very close together. Maybe those rivers were never meant to be navigable? But I would rather have that problem rectified, for the sake of seamless navigation from the east chalets into Newbrooke channel and on to the stilts and beyond :)

Edited by SanFroggy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, SanFroggy said:

Took the boat through the new waterway and successfully navigated to Brookside in the chalets via the small riverway through Phloom, Woozy and Aileron. Good connection, with the exception of three too-low bridges in Woozy - had to edit the boat through them, grrrr... 

The moles have created a really pretty passage.  I'm OK with the bridges; it's a narrow waterway, so most people will opt for a small boat through here anyway.  If you want to take a tall boat through, the traditional solution is to make your boat phantom, which does not hurt its operation in any way.  Yes, a sail looks a little weird slicing through the bridges, but small price to pay for such lovely landscaping.  My Bandit IF sailed through Woozy, no problem.

woozy_003.thumb.jpg.8c8a54e926592c76292914a01a7f7345.jpg

If you want to try it, the rez zone in Brookside is a pleasant place to start.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Brookside/59/173/21

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

I have a small motorboat (Berdavmarine Deluxe); I'll try making it phantom next time and see how it goes :)

oh, and that empty void space in the northern outreach of Newbrooke mainland? I'm thinking there is some big water feature planned, maybe a lake or a major waterway connection with the chalets. That's where the Newbrooke channel is headed, so it makes logical sense - it's headed there for a reason :)

EDIT: Of course! There is the riverway "stub" terminating at SSPDing Dong, so that is where the new waterway is headed! It's even more logical than I thought :)

Edited by SanFroggy
  • Like 6

• Moles

There are a variety of waterways in Bellisseria. Some are deep and wide, others are shallow and narrow or have low bridges. Some might only be suitable for medium or small boats, or boats without a tall mast (if it has physics). I try to make waterways as navigable as I can, but I can't make every boat fit every waterway. I once saw where someone tried to rez a huge warship in a tiny little creek. Just like in the real world you have to pick your craft accordingly. ;)

Edited by Abnor Mole
  • Like 15