SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

SSPBIN, SSPBIS, SSPMUT - each of them is a single black-covered region up in the old SSP development area, and each occasionally has an avatar or two busy there.  Right now there are 4 green dots scattered between them.  Does anyone have any guesses as to what these names might stand for?

Incidentally, avatars have once again been seen in our old friend SSP83X - perhaps new home controller features for older themes coming soon?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

SSPBIN, SSPBIS, SSPMUT - each of them is a single black-covered region up in the old SSP development area, and each occasionally has an avatar or two busy there.  Right now there are 4 green dots scattered between them.  Does anyone have any guesses as to what these names might stand for?

BIN and BIS could be Bellisseria Island North and South. Just going by the fact they're connected, so could be a little island. Whatever it stands for, community spaces still seem likely from the random odd regions.

• Like 8

17 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

BIN and BIS could be Bellisseria Island North and South. Just going by the fact they're connected, so could be a little island. Whatever it stands for, community spaces still seem likely from the random odd regions.

North and South, yesssss. Good thought.  B as in Big, as in 2048?  Big Introduction North & South?  Or maybe B for Bungalows!  Bungalows would be adorable! Bungalows instead of ranch houses!  *laughs*

One person in SSPBIS now, and 3 in SSPMUT.  

MUT ... "Model Update"?

12 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

I wouldn't read too much into comings and goings on SSP83X. 

But ... but ... but ... Patch said there'd be updates to the older themes coming before the end of the year!   Wouldn't those involve the home controllers?  He ... he ... wouldn't misdirect us, surely?  *wide-eyed*

Not Patch!

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Haha 4

45 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

North and South, yesssss. Good thought.  B as in Big, as in 2048?  Big Introduction North & South?  Or maybe B for Bungalows!  Bungalows would be adorable! Bungalows instead of ranch houses!  *laughs*

MUT ... "Model Update"?

But ... but ... but ... Patch said there'd be updates to the older themes coming before the end of the year!   Wouldn't those involve the home controllers?  He ... he ... wouldn't misdirect us, surely?  *wide-eyed*

Not Patch!

60ish days to go. So excited.

• Like 1

• Moles
1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

MUT ... "Model Update"?

Not Patch!

Good syllogism:

• All work on housecontrollers takes place on SSP83X.
  • Work is being done on housecontrollers.
  • Therefore work is being done on SSP83X

Bad syllogism

• Work is taking place on SSP83X.
  • All work on housecontrollers takes place on SSP83X.
  • Therefore work is being done on the housecontrollers.

Actually, any green dots on SSP83X on Sunday or Monday were probably me and one of my alts kicking Halloween Candy Buckets to try to make them work.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

I went to look over the new regions up in NE Belli, near Satori.  Interesting, they offer a little different landscaping than I've noticed before for Houseboats and Newbrookes.  The green houseboat islands are using plants from ALL the previous themes, often giving a very lush look.  This seems unusual, even the houseboats on the east coast of the chalets uses almost exclusively chalet landscaping.  This is Monument Bay, you can see the Victorian willows, there are LogLand flowers etc.  I didn't see any seating or non-plant/rock decor on any of these islands, perhaps they aren't complete yet.

sspMonumentBay.thumb.jpg.c0a5c98ca9e1a2132630e39c482e80be.jpg

The sandy islands are mostly using Stilt landscaping.  I get kind of a Palm Springs vibe from all these sandy Newbrookes with palms! 

• Like 14

• Moles

We wanted some of the different areas of the live built regions to be... well... different. We could have made them all like the houseboats in the "squishy pickle" but where is the fun in that? If we can mash things up a bit we can come up with areas that are new and unique. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 11

20 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

We wanted some of the different areas of the live built regions to be... well... different. We could have made them all like the houseboats in the "squishy pickle" but where is the fun in that? If we can mash things up a bit we can come up with areas that are new and unique. 

I think it's a great idea, I love the variations

• Like 5

On 8/16/2022 at 12:40 PM, Abnor Mole said:

Unfortunately, perpetually hosting homestead water regions is not free. If it were we would already have filled those parts of grid with a huge ocean, but that isn't going to happen. There has to be compelling justification for the cost of every homestead we make and the overhead costs it incurs.

I know this is a touchy subject i'm just catching up. There's been a lot of interest in a scifi sky theme, homes above, water below. 

You all are doing great, the world without Bellisseria was a very different place. We all appreciate everything you all do. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Paulsian said:

There's been a lot of interest in a scifi sky theme, homes above, water below. 

Personally, I haven't noticed a lot of scifi sky interest, but I'll take your word for it :)  It's interesting that the Linden security system is sort of set up to let this happen, as it polices an area 400m above and below the system.  So LL COULD maybe put  space parcels up at 1000m.  

Then at water level, you might not need parcel markers at all, since there would hopefully be no security.  Of course, sailors would still encounter issues due to things people rez on their water, or parcel visibility settings, etc..  So maybe some indication of 'waterways' between sky parcels would be helpful.

*walks away mumbling to herself*

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Personally, I haven't noticed a lot of scifi sky interest, but I'll take your word for it :)  It's interesting that the Linden security system is sort of set up to let this happen, as it polices an area 400m above and below the system.  So LL COULD maybe put  space parcels up at 1000m.  

Then at water level, you might not need parcel markers at all, since there would hopefully be no security.  Of course, sailors would still encounter issues due to things people rez on their water, or parcel visibility settings, etc..  So maybe some indication of 'waterways' between sky parcels would be helpful.

*walks away mumbling to herself*

Be neat to stagger the home levels too to make it more spacy maybe space home control panel could have home height controls so owners could move home to different level for more personal space or group them together for space ports communities. Would take lot of work, lot of space walks. 

Just me typing outloud again. 

• Confused 1

I would sell them as blank spaces with prim bonus preimum plus. That would be simple. No house required. I'm not a fan of enclosed spaces. That would be epic. Open theme. Or no bonus and use the prims that the homes are using for space deco. Just an idea. 

Mine would look like this.

Annotation 2022-11-14 160649.png

Edited by Paulsian
  • Sad 1

On 8/17/2022 at 2:30 PM, Matthieu Quander said:

So the Lab may or may not add coastline to these void adjacent regions?  Deciding to not add coastline there would be very disappointing.  I'm not sure my OCD could handle it.  

image.png.a8f8655001000da4b5bed841dd41962f.png

I like to pretend all the elites live in that space and it's already complete. 

Edited by Paulsian
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/11/2022 at 1:35 PM, Daniel Voyager said:

The houseboats extension north of the newbrooke sub continent is coming along nicely. It's great to see more new development taking place still. 

Snapshot taken on Sunday 11th September 2022.

319537478_watercannel.thumb.jpg.d4980e20886435dfe3d95ba614877969.jpg

* 292 pages and still going for this SSP thread. 

I'm almost caught up I love the way this looks on the current map. I could not terraform one region if my life depended on it and to have all those connect flawlessly, very very impressive. Nice Work!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Paulsian said:

I know this is a touchy subject i'm just catching up. There's been a lot of interest in a scifi sky theme, homes above, water below. 

The topic of Linden Homes in the sky (not scifi specifically) got discussed here

According to Abnor, it was deemed "not a good fit" long ago.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

The topic of Linden Homes in the sky (not scifi specifically) got discussed here

According to Abnor, it was deemed "not a good fit" long ago.

Regarding the waterway issue, could be simpliest solution. The concept of sky living has been around way before I arrived. I just connect dots. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

Not just at SSP Shell Yeah, but the Moles have installed Shergood fuel pumps at every airfield in Bellisseria :)

Interesting.  Anyone know of any non-Shergood aircraft that use Shergood's fuel system?  I think I've seen GFS pumps at airports, which kinda puzzled me since (at least a while ago) they didn't dispense aviation fuel?

• Like 1