harassed verbally by owner of a public spot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1864 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

To sum it up: No matter the circumstances (forced tp, blocked whatever...), you behave politely when asked to confrom to the sims dresscode. And your personal lifestyle never overrides those requests, if you want to stay.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

While I respect your right not appreciate the lifestyle choices those in the D/s community make, I can't agree with this comment as it hits at me on a personal level. I do feel that such blanket statements are unwarranted, incorrect, and unfair.

While allowing a dumbinant as Kly properly terms them to own one's collar is a clear mistake, there are a lot of skilled owners who actually know what they are doing. Giving control of yourself to another person doesn't indicate "piss poor judgement" across the board. There are a hell of a lot of decent and knowledgable Dominants and subs who participate in this life style properly with respect to each other and respect to the greater community. If anything I'd warrant that a properly trained dominant and their skilled sub are more likely to be aware of other people's feelings then the 9 foot tall Mrs Display Name and her Hubby.

And yet, even with the best of us mistakes will happen. Thing with mistakes, own up to them, try to correct the wrong quickly, and be graceful about it, and 9 times out of 10 it's accepted and the world moves on.

To the bolded...I never said it did. I also never said there weren't knowledgeable people.

And if you read the very first line of the post you replied to...I said, if you're going to give control over, do so responsibly. It wasn't a blanket statement....those who give over that kind of power to someone that would force tp them willy nilly without regard to them, or the location, have, in fact, shown piss poor judgment, lol . Everyone in this world, regardless of who they are, or what ifestyle they choose to live, can exhibit piss poor judgement, and probably will at some point in their lives.

You shouldn't take offense where it doesn't exist ;) 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ansiri said:

I am on my best behaviour also.

I always go naked everywhere and once landed, start shouting my perversions to all and run around with adult parts in my hands and do all that kind of fun things. It's so fun, isn't SL made for just that? Actually i'm wondering why OP is so surprised and got her first ban only after 12 years, getting banned is normal and daily thing in SL, many times a day. o.O

oh was that you? you left before i could im you and say hello

17 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

You shouldn't take offense where it doesn't exist ;) 

What I am saying is that *I* am not holding that owner of said power-whoever that might be-for the piss poor choices of the person that gave them control in the first place. Not only is the person who is now dressed inappropriately guilty of breaking the location's rules, but that person initiated the entire problem in the first place by having piss poor judgment. 

I will accept you didn't mean it as I read it. My appologies to you for thinking you were dissing all the decent and good subs there are in SL, and there are some real gems. It's always my nature, and it always will be, to jump in protectively for these sort of statements.

13 hours ago, ellestones said:

sounds like OP was force teleported semi-naked in by their owner

if so and it was my place then I would have banned their owner for doing a force teleport before informing OP to get dressed

theres no notification to tell you if someone else was force tped into a sim.

are you gonna play 20 questions to determine who the more guilty person is.

there there dear i banned the nasty person that tped u in half naked. you can get dressed now

what do you mean you are rlv locked and cant get dressed?

what kind of sick pervert would do that to you?

omg how dare you curse me like that. i curse u back and ban you to hell along with your owner.

go play your sick games somewhere else. i run a respectable sim.

10 hours ago, Klytyna said:

It does matter, to a certain extent...

With a forced TP, you literally get NO warning other than whatever the "owner" might say to you before they drag you across the grid.

None.

No friendly "vanilla" popup  saying "dingbat.asshat would like you to join them in Dumbland  - Accept / Deny?"

None, one min you are standing around naked in a dungeon someplace, next you are standing in a kids play area on a g rated sim, and getting AR'd...

No option to refuse the TP, or delay while you slip on some clothing. "Forced TP" means exactly what it says on the tin.

Forced TP by a careless inconsiderate buffoon is a bloody PITA at times, especially if when you arrive you CAN'T observe the dress code because, inventory access / dressing are restricted by that same clueless buffoon of an owner...

thats why you make sure you aren't owned by a clueless buffoon 

1 hour ago, Syo Emerald said:

To sum it up: No matter the circumstances (forced tp, blocked whatever...), you behave politely when asked to confrom to the sims dresscode. And your personal lifestyle never overrides those requests, if you want to stay.

exactly, and if one doesn't wish to comply with the sim rules, a simple oh i'm sorry and a quick tp out is the proper response in such situations.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ansiri said:

I am on my best behaviour also.

I always go naked everywhere and once landed, start shouting my perversions to all and run around with adult parts in my hands and do all that kind of fun things. It's so fun, isn't SL made for just that? Actually i'm wondering why OP is so surprised and got her first ban only after 12 years, getting banned is normal and daily thing in SL, many times a day. o.O

Please feel free to come to my store anytime you wish. I will even give you a tour of the ground areas. ;)

On 7/16/2018 at 3:14 AM, Tari Landar said:

Come in dressed or acting in a manner (including your profile!) I find wholely offensive, ignore my IM, or leave the landing area without ensuring you're compliant...and you're getting the boot, 

On 7/16/2018 at 5:04 AM, Phil Deakins said:

No wonder there was friction between you. They could hardly come in dressed and naked, could they? Some rules can be just too confusing for the rest of us :D

Phil, terrible misquote of you! Oh, you were making a funny.

On 17 July 2018 at 12:16 PM, Alyona Su said:

no matter how restrictive RLV can be, no one and no gadget or tool, or RLV has any control over huds, other than locking them in place.

If I remember correctly... One of the sticking points between RLV and RLVa is that the current version of RLV has some features that the makers of RLVa WILL NOT IMPLEMENT. One of these is "no touch own huds".

Don't assume that an RLV/RLVa user...

a) Is wearing a hud that allows using clothing layers,

b) That the layers in question actually have any 'clothing' loaded into them,

c) That they are in a position to access an applier to load clothing onto the layers in question,

d) They they are in fact wearing a mesh body at all, or

e) That YOU have a damn clue what the hell you are talking about...

• Like 1

Personally I doubt the issue is that she was inappropriately dressed. I have tped into numerous places inappropriately dressed (due to not having been there before) . As have others that I have been with. This has never resulted yet in being shouted at or ejected merely a polite request to modify dress. However I have seen people ejected who upon receiving a polite request have got on their high horse and exercised their sense of entitlement to the hilt. This is exactly what I suspect happened here.

It is merely a shame that such people can only be banned from the Sim and not sl itself until they learn they are not special snowflakes

• 9 months later...
On 7/16/2018 at 12:37 AM, Rhonda Huntress said:

If it is owned then it is not public.  It is privately owned by the, well ... the owner.

Mute them and move on with your Second Life.  These type of people are thankfully few and far between.  So few that it has only happened once in 12 years!  You do not need people like that in your life anyway.  It is always a plus when people let you know right away that they will never have anything to say that you need to hear.

well... i have been in sl for 6 years and have been soooo verbally abused so you're luckier than me 

On 7/16/2018 at 1:58 AM, Klytyna said:

You could...

A) Grow thicker skin or...

B) Grow up, or...

C) Both of the above...

Grow thicker skin, grow up, move on, dance someplace else.

Might I suggest you do some growing up of your own ?

• Haha 2

It was not your fault you showed up at the wrong time in the wrong realm they where not your kind of people. Even if you show up nude was a glitch or you clothes got lost in the teleport  you did know the dress code your date should of advised you a head of time saying plear wear a gown or semi formal  gives you time to dress whatever the dress code is. Also the host all way's give warming say can you please change here go home come back. Many places have this also when you land at rez point   their is color writing that shows some rules to help people before they enter the area.  I do not know this place where you went to but places I went to for dancing they have respect and say hello to you  if they have a problem they private message you do not bully. If you go to a place that just bans people for nothing then that a place to avoid and never return its sounds clique to me. Go some where else do not get mad over what happen their more places you just have to find your place where your in harmony.

I do  not know  the place you where at but every place is  diffren't and has rules. Their is a time and place for everything but if its a GA Sim yes you come fully dressed even if Adult SIm they may have rules also where you can be semi nude or show a little or in some places.  A Date or partner should advice the date the rules that she is fully dressed before teleporting her making sure she is safe if he been their many times nothing happen then things should be clear if not then best to find a new safe haven to dance to. Lady by day and vixen by night leave to the imagination  by day at night when you can risque seductive  vixen. 

I know one ballroom I go to they have a nice dressing room with a bathroom so if you have a mess up you can go their its in the backroom every lady has to use the powder room sometimes just as the gents have use the gentlemen bathroom.

Please just be yourself take a deep breathe let up forgive and forget all can do you will recover but when you find place you will have that happiness and glow have a world of a good time.But if you ever have this happen again please teleport out never return. Even if you are in the lifestyle you are to be treated human you are not a animal as civil rights to be treated equally. And a Date should respect you not just teleport you so quick make sure that your going be safe when you enter some feel like home.

Edited by Vanoralynna

22 hours ago, SakuraFireBurns said:

well... i have been in sl for 6 years and have been soooo verbally abused so you're luckier than me 

I have been in sl for half that time and never been verbally abused the though occurs that the cause might be you ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1864 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.