YEP, I'M GAY!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2273 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you're who I think you are, I do remember you from forums a long time ago. No reason why you should remember me though. Part of what I remember (if I'm remembering right) was someone who was trying to make sense of things, so I'm happy to see you're feeling more comfortable in your own skin. We all deserve that. Wishing you all the best Alistair.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Amythyst Opaline said:

If you don't know me, hello. This is awkward.

I recognize your name but we never really met and chatted or anything.. Try not to feel awkward because it is not awkward to me.
Do you mind if I keep thinking of you as a woman?  It's easier that way. I mean, if you don't want to be treated like a woman don't wear a woman avatar.

I guess what I am trying to say is ... welcome?  Maybe why worry that we would be accepting when we have already accepted you ...  I don't care if you are male, female, gay, straight, bi, tri, quad or any of that.   Well, not apathetic don't care.  More like it doesn't matter don't care.

It's Monday and I need more coffee and my words are poorly chosen but ... maybe ...

No.  You're still Amy and your stuck with it. So there. :P

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

I don't know you, but in no way is this awkward to me. Congratulations on your transition, even though it comes at cost to your safety, if your blog post is anything to go by. I wish you and your son all the best :)

On this point -

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:
3 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

No.  You're still Amy and your stuck with it. So there. :P

ZOMG!!11!!! You did NOT just dead-name them! (but you did)

- I would normally be disappointed to see dead-naming happening, but in this case - from the OP's blog post:

Preferred name/pronouns:
RL: Alistair he/his/him
SL: Amy he/she/ze/don’t care

(Dead-naming, for those unfamiliar with the term, refers to the use of a transgender person's birth name, rather than their chosen post-transition name. An example would be the people who still call Caitlyn Jenner 'Bruce', thereby refusing to accept her post-transition gender. It's mostly used as a deliberate insult.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

42 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

I don't know you, but in no way is this awkward to me. Congratulations on your transition, even though it comes at cost to your safety, if your blog post is anything to go by. I wish you and your son all the best :)

On this point -

- I would normally be disappointed to see dead-naming happening, but in this case - from the OP's blog post:

(Dead-naming, for those unfamiliar with the term, refers to the use of a transgender person's birth name, rather than their chosen post-transition name. An example would be the people who still call Caitlyn Jenner 'Bruce', thereby refusing to accept her post-transition gender. It's mostly used as a deliberate insult.)

Good job, Mister Frilly-Britches!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Amythyst Opaline said:

Hey! If you know me, you know me. I am coming out as transgender. And gay. But mostly transgender. 

If you are talking about your SL self, I accept you no matter what you are, if you are talking about RL, then???, what is RL?

2 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

That's not a real thing! (one person will get this joke, 200 will be confused and angry) 

8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I'm not confused or angry, but neither do I get the joke. Maybe denying "dead-naming" is a real thing is the joke?

I had to talk my way out of a community college suspension after I complained a professor dead-named me and the professor complained that I complained. RL people are lurking on the forums today. The school took the position of "dead naming is not a real thing" -- as in the powers that be hadn't heard of it, so they assumed I made it up for trolling purposes. 

Edited by Amythyst Opaline
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Do you mind if I keep thinking of you as a woman?  It's easier that way. I mean, if you don't want to be treated like a woman don't wear a woman avatar

YOU WOULD LITERALLY BE THE FIRST

(I've never been treated like a woman in SL. Everyone always assumed I was the alter-ego of a 47 year old gay man.)

45 minutes ago, Amythyst Opaline said:

(I've never been treated like a woman in SL. Everyone always assumed I was the alter-ego of a 47 year old gay man.)

That totally sucks.   I'm not saying this in a rude way, but if that is how your SL has always been then you've been hanging out with the wrong folks, at the wrong places.  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2273 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.