YEP, I'M GAY!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2246 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 1/29/2018 at 7:19 PM, Amythyst Opaline said:

YOU WOULD LITERALLY BE THE FIRST

(I've never been treated like a woman in SL. Everyone always assumed I was the alter-ego of a 47 year old gay man.)

I always thought of you as a sassy, wise assed, take no crap, stand up for yourself, bad ass babe... Of course, i never met you inworld... Only here on the old forums.. When you used a different name. Glad to see you back BTW. Klytyna reminds me a hell ton of the old you in the old forums.. I keep waiting for her to say, crotch fruit... 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2018 at 6:19 PM, Amythyst Opaline said:

YOU WOULD LITERALLY BE THE FIRST

(I've never been treated like a woman in SL. Everyone always assumed I was the alter-ego of a 47 year old gay man.)

IMO, that’s probably not solely related to you as an individual. Many SL residents immediately assume that any female avatar whose typist is unwilling to “prove” their RL status is IRL male; this is why the “Voice Verified” groups still exist and some Residents still place “verified” in their profiles.

Congratulations and best wishes :-) 

13 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I always thought of you as a sassy, wise assed, take no crap, stand up for yourself, bad ass babe... Of course, i never met you inworld... Only here on the old forums.. When you used a different name. Glad to see you back BTW. Klytyna reminds me a hell ton of the old you in the old forums.. I keep waiting for her to say, crotch fruit... 

Ah yes, I put a lot of work into cultivating a resonant brand, for you! the people!

• Like 2

I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and retarded but I don't care, I'm beautiful. I'm having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me "Apache" and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can't accept me you're a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

• Haha 5

54 minutes ago, GoSpeed Racer said:

Basic SL philosophy dictates we take you at face value, so Amy, just keep being yourself. :)

It's nothing to do with philosophy, or any dictate.

That only applies when nothing else is known about them. It isn't possible to take somebody at face value when you know that that face is false. For instance, would you lend money to somebody if you knew that the person is well-known for borrowing money and never paying it back? Would you take that person at face value if s/he said, "I'll definitely pay you back".

Edited by Phil Deakins

Jeez Phil, I'm just trying to encourage Amy to keep being herself as she has always been in SL. But, I see that you proudly proclaim yourself as a "Proud Winner Of 3 Warning Badges". I'll break form here and encourage you to do better and not prattle on and be pedantic.  xD

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

It's nothing to do with philosophy, or any dictate.

That only applies when nothing else is known about them. It isn't possible to take somebody at face value when you know that that face is false. For instance, would you lend money to somebody if you knew that the person is well-known for borrowing money and never paying it back? Would you take that person at face value if s/he said, "I'll definitely pay you back".

My SL philosophy is, you show me your face and I will remember it, and respond accordingly. I will treat you as it appears to me you wish to be treated. It's actually a simple concept.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GoSpeed Racer said:

Jeez Phil, I'm just trying to encourage Amy to keep being herself as she has always been in SL. But, I see that you proudly proclaim yourself as a "Proud Winner Of 3 Warning Badges". I'll break form here and encourage you to do better and not prattle on and be pedantic.  xD

I'm not being pedantic. I'm stating a fact of like that applies to everyone. You show or tell me what you are, and I'll treat you as that. It's very simple.

On 29/01/2018 at 7:31 AM, Amythyst Opaline said:

Hey! If you know me, you know me. I am coming out as transgender. And gay. But mostly transgender. 

http://dariasafterthoughts.blogspot.com/2018/01/come-out-come-out-wherever-you-are.html

If you don't know me, hello. This is awkward. 

I'm a little late, but congrats!  I'm a trans man too (and probably the only guy in SL who is gayer in RL than he is inworld). In the early stages of my transition, SL was absolutely instrumental in giving me the courage to come out and begin transition. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

I'm a little late, but congrats!  I'm a trans man too (and probably the only guy in SL who is gayer in RL than he is inworld). In the early stages of my transition, SL was absolutely instrumental in giving me the courage to come out and begin transition. 

That’s awesome! So many Trans men are straight ??:x

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

That’s awesome! So many Trans men are straight ??:x

Actually, amongst the trans-masc community in the city where I live, a significant number of them are gay and dating each other. In the past (like, 10-20 years ago and more), gate-keeping protocol wouldn't even allow trans men to transition unless they were straight so those who weren't, had to pretend to be. Hence the straight, hyper-masculine stereotype. Thankfully all that was scrapped before I started transition, otherwise I'd still be waiting.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

Actually, amongst the trans-masc community in the city where I live, a significant number of them are gay and dating each other. In the past (like, 10-20 years ago and more), gate-keeping protocol wouldn't even allow trans men to transition unless they were straight so those who weren't, had to pretend to be. Hence the straight, hyper-masculine stereotype. Thankfully all that was scrapped before I started transition, otherwise I'd still be waiting.

In my area (Florida), I would say about 85% are straight! I count many trans folk among my friends.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2246 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.