Looking for friends who won’t judge me or my past.

Ashlyn Voir

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2362 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Ashlyn Voir said:

That’s all I’m asking for is just a friend. Seriously. I hate constantly being outed and it’s just truly hurtful. And I’ve tried EVERYTHING I could to change and I’m STILL being followed around just to prevent me from doing much of anything.

Create an alt, keep your main but wander around exploring on an alt.  Nobody has to know anything about your main unless you tell them.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jameson2001 said:

What a delicious sandwich you are Madelaine, I had to google Anne Francis but any sandwich with Pfeiffer as the top sounds yummy.:SwingingFriends:

I've had a crush on both of them for as long as I can remember. I was first introduced to Anne Francis in "Forbidden Planet". It was't until college that I caught her again in reruns of Honey West. I use her promo shot for the series as my RL profile pic. In-world I sport a mole in the same place as hers.

And I can't see a grand piano without imagining Michelle draped across it.

• Like 2

@Ashlyn Voir you mentioned you were tired of being outted.  Have you already made some alts?  If so, how are people finding out who you were?  Making an alt to start over only works if you start over.  That means you do NOT go to the same places, you do NOT contact the same old friends.   New alt, New Secondlife.  No one knows you or your past mistakes or drama.  No one.  It may not be as easy to start over as you wish it to be, but someone you are contacting is telling others who you are or were.

12 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

@Ashlyn Voir you mentioned you were tired of being outted.  Have you already made some alts?  If so, how are people finding out who you were?  Making an alt to start over only works if you start over.  That means you do NOT go to the same places, you do NOT contact the same old friends.   New alt, New Secondlife.  No one knows you or your past mistakes or drama.  No one.  It may not be as easy to start over as you wish it to be, but someone you are contacting is telling others who you are or were.

It is by following this advice, religiously, that I've been able to become half of the current SL population without anyone knowing.

Now you'll all have to wonder... which half?

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I think this advice is stupid. It only enforces to keep running away instead of just being honest. I’ve spent a lot of money on this account and it’s stupid as hell to just run away because some people don’t want me to make friends on the game. Unlike the most of you, I don’t have money just to throw away to make alts and fix them up. 

Thats then whole purpose of making the thread was to ‘make friends’/‘find friends’. And so far no one has offered anything except asinine “advice”.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

Thats then whole purpose of making the thread was to ‘make friends’/‘find friends’. And so far no one has offered anything except asinine “advice”.

If you spend any time at all reading these forums, you would know that even in the 'Make Friends' sub-forum, there is often much advice given.

Advice is easy enough to just ignore.  However, I suspect you may have a hard time finding friends from the forum if you keep telling everyone that their advice is "asinine" and "crappy".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So, you're using the same avatar, going to the same places, seeing the same people and you want the same friends.  If only there was some way to give all the avatars you know to mass amnesia.  

I'm all out of stupid advice.  You have to want to help yourself because you can't force others to change/forget for your comfort.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

It is by following this advice, religiously, that I've been able to become half of the current SL population without anyone knowing.

Now you'll all have to wonder... which half?

Well, if half the current SL population is alts of you, and the other half are bots (or are you the bot half?) then which half am I and my (lost count) alts? Or am I an alt of you too two too? (turning into an owl now). :SwingingFriends:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Well, if half the current SL population is alts of you, and the other half are bots (or are you the bot half?) then which half am I and my (lost count) alts? Or am I an alt of you too two too? (turning into an owl now). :SwingingFriends:

Could it be that all of this has been just you and me?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Cindy wrote:

That’s all I’m asking for is just a friend. Seriously. I hate constantly being outed and it’s just truly hurtful. And I’ve tried EVERYTHING I could to change and I’m STILL being followed around just to prevent me from doing much of anything.

---------------------------------------------------

Outed? are you a rl guy?

I've had  friends in here that are girls but they fell in love with another girl, and decided they just had to tell the truth knowing their love interest will understand and accept them because doncha know its whats inside that really counts. Of course their love interest is devasted and accuses them of horrible things and dumps them The friend is so devasted that she vows it will never happen again, so she puts a declaration on the profile that yes shes a rl guy, and now everyone avoids her and shes always miserable.

At this point i would tell them to ditch everyone that ever knew, remove that ridiculous statement from your profile and  just be the girl you are in sl.

Oh and yes, if you are interested, I'd love to be friends

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
forgot to quote what i was replying to

24 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Cindy wrote:

---------------------------------------------------

Outed? are you a rl guy?

I've had  friends in here that are girls but they fell in love with another girl, and decided they just had to tell the truth knowing their love interest will understand and accept them because doncha know its whats inside that really counts. Of course their love interest is devasted and accuses them of horrible things and dumps them The friend is so devasted that she vows it will never happen again, so she puts a declaration on the profile that yes shes a rl guy, and now everyone avoids her and shes always miserable.

At this point i would tell them to ditch everyone that ever knew, remove that ridiculous statement from your profile and  just be the girl you are in sl.

Oh and yes, if you are interested, I'd love to be friends

No, the issue I’m having is much different.

• Confused 1

Just now, Ashlyn Voir said:

No, the issue I’m having is much different.

I googled you too, so I know your secret. I almost got into a big fight with another avatar on the other thread you started about this, but  I deleted my last three posts and the thread died. What you are in rl makes no difference to me. We could hang out or be friends if you like.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I googled you too, so I know your secret. I almost got into a big fight with another avatar on the other thread you started about this, but  I deleted my last three posts and the thread died. What you are in rl makes no difference to me. We could hang out or be friends if you like.

Thank you so much for this. The next time I log in-world, I’ll message you 

• Confused 1

On 11/8/2017 at 10:19 PM, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I've had  friends in here that are girls but they fell in love with another girl, and decided they just had to tell the truth knowing their love interest will understand and accept them because doncha know its whats inside that really counts.

You just summed up my favorite SL relationship. My SL boyfriend admitted to me that he was a she in RL, we went on to partner/marry in SL. The marriage lasted over 3 years, we visited in RL, and were nuts about each other. Unfortunately, it didn't last, but we're still very good friends in RL (going on around 8 or 9 years in total) . I still love her to death! (except she's now a he) Without SL, I would have missed this rollercoaster, lol! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2362 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.