Vampire bite with no warning or knowledge.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

25 minutes ago, johnboy Snoodle said:

... but our Avatars become US...

Honestly... such a take on identifying with your avatar easily turns into more hassle than any good. You were not "bitten" - your virtual puppet was drawn into someone else's roleplay. No matter how much emotion are associated with it, in the end, it is only virtual make-believe. 
You would save yourself a lot of headache, figuratively speaking, if you simply resort to that one kind of reaction which such an "Fear me, I'm forcing my roleplay onto you" act has earned... "Yeah, whatever", mute, ignore, move on. OK, or perhaps the witty way, "Sorry to tell you, mate, that my soul has been poisoned by an ancient curse of being eternally spoiled by garlic essences. You shall be dead within 24 hours. Rest in peace." ... and then move on.

I just briefly glanced at your previous posts and noted that they date back to 2014, at the very least. It is actually surprising to me that you only just now came across those vampire players, as those "gaming huds" aren't new at all.
if you look around the forums some more, you'll come across very similar threads like yours which you might find interesting to read ... in a calmer mood.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, johnboy Snoodle said:

To say I am pissed would be an understatement!! I found out that some bloody moron thinking they are a Vampire has bitten me without my knowledge and as such has left their bite on me, I am *****ing angry as it goes against  every feeling I have against Vampires and other saten stuff, in fact if I could find the person in RL I would smack them in the mouth without a second thought. I feel violated to the extreme. Yes people might say it's "only a game" but our Avatars become US as we mould them and to have some ***** head abuse it or ME goes against everything I believe in yes Linden do not give a ***** and allow this invasion to continue.  Angry? BLOODY RIGHT I AM ANGRY. 

Foul language doesn't help your cause champ.

If  you don't play the vampire game you won't be affected in any way. Your pixels got a mozzie bite.

Edited by Callum Meriman
added the word vampire
  • Like 3

If I was a Muslim or a Jew and had bacon thrown at me or bitten by a Pig then that would be okay as well would it? Well I am a Christian and this Vampire ***** goes against everything i believe in so what's the difference? And to answer some comments made: bigmoe. Legal issues or not if I knew who it was then I would go for it and regarding the 'game' I don't have a clue as it was done without my knowledge and I have never joined any game. Lillith. Mute, Ignore, Move on. is all fine when you know or have been asked but many of these idiots do things in secret with no prior warning, I only found out a few years later about it because a friend who was a Vamp somehow can tell if you have been bitten!! Callum. Ref, foul language, trust me it the way I feel now It could get a lot worse, and it DOES effect because it's like a ticket being stuck on your head that will now be there for evermore.

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

your 2nd post is even more annoying...

While they are a pain they are harmless. Much like the guys that IM all female avatars with either hi or hi, sex? in popular hangout sims or clubs ever way too often...

BTW Vampires are considered to be heathen and/or occult not classically satanic...

And being christian... you should be humble enough to know God´s got bigger concerns than your SL avi being rp bitten with no effect on it´s further SL. Unless you are fine and don´t join in he´ll probably just laugh at you just like we do. (Yep of course God has a humour... who are we to say he doesn´t?) 

now listen to what´s written or just log off as there´s no such thing in RL ^^

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

You are absolutely right - this serious topic really needs to be discussed with a pro and nobody on here is qualified to deal with your concerns.

Please make a visitor to your local church ASAP and ask for your priest's insight on the matter.

But you might want to work on your Third Commandment issues first:

Jesus Christ, when will you blo*dy lot stop messing about with all the settings and just leave things to settle down a little, if it's not one thing it's another and I am getting sick of it, I suppose we will now see a return to bad search, bad listing's, and loss of money again? it seems every time things start to improve a bit, you steam in and mess it all up again just for the hell of it, if you want to change things for the better, then lower the tiers and also make land charges by the 512 plot, not lumped in all together so just 1 mtr over the 'block' and you hit people with a full new charge of tier up to the next level, it's a rip off and you know it. Pis*ed yes I am.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, johnboy Snoodle said:

To say I am pissed would be an understatement!! I found out that some bloody moron thinking they are a Vampire has bitten me without my knowledge and as such has left their bite on me, I am *****ing angry as it goes against  every feeling I have against Vampires and other saten stuff, in fact if I could find the person in RL I would smack them in the mouth without a second thought. I feel violated to the extreme. Yes people might say it's "only a game" but our Avatars become US as we mould them and to have some ***** head abuse it or ME goes against everything I believe in yes Linden do not give a ***** and allow this invasion to continue.  Angry? BLOODY RIGHT I AM ANGRY. 

If it was bloodlines, they had to send you a bite request, which you would have had to accept. 

Its it progeny, they "feed" on other players all the time, with no ones knowledge.

The only bad thing about bloodlines is that if you accept their bite request your "soul" (bloodlines game marker)  goes to limbo and you will be contacted by concerned vampires for the rest of your second life informing you of this fact and offering to rescue it for you.

And yes its true, i play bloodlines, only i'm playing to keep my soul in my own body. I'm a "fresh victim".

*grins*

16 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

The only bad thing about bloodlines is that if you accept their bite request your "soul" (bloodlines game marker)  goes to limbo and you will be contacted by concerned vampires for the rest of your second life informing you of this fact and offering to rescue it for you.

soooo true... xD  I was stupid enough back in the day and given my name... but I´m happy in limbo ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, johnboy Snoodle said:

I only found out a few years later about it because a friend who was a Vamp somehow can tell if you have been bitten!! ......trust me it the way I feel now It could get a lot worse, and it DOES effect because it's like a ticket being stuck on your head that will now be there for evermore.

your "friend" has to be in progeny too to see it, AND do the same to everyone who comes close enough to him, so you pick of friends sucks... you will be asked to explain that to Peter when your at the gate you know?

Also from trustable source i know Peter hates foul talk...

Peter however, has some good soap to clean signs above heads, but with the combinations of all above i'm affraid he'll send you to next gate.. don't worry, we'll be there welcoming you

btw.. if you don't use you soul.... can i have it?...

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I found just the opposite. I used to get enough request to bite me that I let one of them do it, just to shut them all up. After that, I didn't get any more requests and I didn't get anyone offering to rescue me. As far as I know, my 'soul' is still in limbi, if that's where it goes.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, johnboy Snoodle said:

If I was a Muslim or a Jew and had bacon thrown at me ...

So you were physically bitten by a real vampire?

If you want to follow that metaphor it would be more like you were Jewish and someone emailed you the "push button; receive bacon" meme.

Here; let me solve your problem.

Humus domino sanity lox.

There.  All better.  Go in peace and sin no more. Donate L$100 to your charity of choice and rest easy knowing that the vampire bite will now be as if it never happened.  However other evil creatures will still think that it did in order to dissuade them from attempting to bite you anew.  This extra protection is give and no cost for your benefit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

36 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

The thing about religious people is they can get mad for absolutely no good reason at all. 

What the hell are you talking about, Bree? That's my favorite thing to do, and I'm not the least bit religious.

...glares at you until you burst into flame, then roasts a marshmallow over your smoldering soul.

Mmmm, that felt good.

• Haha 8

4 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

I found just the opposite. I used to get enough request to bite me that I let one of them do it, just to shut them all up. After that, I didn't get any more requests and I didn't get anyone offering to rescue me. As far as I know, my 'soul' is still in limbi, if that's where it goes.

Bloodlines has changed their webpage somehow, there used to be a page for each vampire showing the name of every person they ever bit. I could google "slbloodlines -avatar name-" and find their name on a page of every victim of any one vampire. 

If i searched on the bloodlines webpage a non players name  it would give no results, but using the search i described, their name would show up.

If i was bored i'd do it to friends and say, ohhhh, i see you lost your soul years ago. Some had no clue, some were mildly upset, some asked what they should do about it. I just said forget it,its meaningless.

I suspect Bloodlines no longer keeps list of avatar names that were bit but never wore the hud in its public database. Of course its still in a private list for people using the hud

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

it's only my  humble... cough... opinion that OP can skip his claim on having christian principles... the words tell he's eveything but that.

And... does being christian, or any religious denomintaion, make your avatar also member of that?.. i don't think it does, it at most influences your thinking and/or behaving.

I heard the Latter Day Saints are secretly baptizing avatars without their knowledge, which make the person in rl a member of their church.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

Phil Phil Phil......you are an active bloodlines player, you wore the hud. Your soul is owned by LittleAbs. Obviously Rhea Sands traded your soul at some point in time, or sold it.

https://human.slbloodlines.com/members/164917

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

I am pretty sure pixel bacon is kosher and halal too.

I actually asked a few friends on facebook about this, the food cleanliness laws only apply to the real food.

Pixel bacon is bacon as much as tofu bacon is bacon according to a Jewish friend of mine.

In relation to OP's issue, cant you just like, delete it? Theres nothing forcing you to wear it or anything like that. I get those stupid bite requests all the time and those people that latch onto you. Usually in SI theres this one dude who "kills" vampires though and thats always funny to watch.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.