Vampire bite with no warning or knowledge.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2359 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Like it or not because you never bothered to have your own membership in Bloodlines terminated their information page concerning you is quite accurate. As far as their system is concerned you are active and your role is that of a blood doll.

If it is such a concern for you that people believe their system over your own word, then go through the system to have your membership terminated. Until you do it is your word against theirs.

You want anything related to yourself and Bloodlines taken to Private Messages? Use them yourself instead of responding in the thread.

Honestly this is like someone finding out I have an unterminated account with any Second Life or external game, looking at my information profile for said game and noting that the account was never terminated in any manner then complaining when it is brought up.

We get it - you don't consider yourself active because you have not participated in any events related to it since the initial bite and later HUD usage. In a system like this your participation is not required to be listed as active.

It is all really that simple.

Edit to add: The above is the only thing I have to say on the matter between Phil and Billi and it is my hope that one or the other will bloody well drop this entirely as it is just plain silly.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 3

I am not even sure it is a question of word anymore. Phil's claims match exactly what is posted on the website. Based on the data there, it suggests that he has not been a participant outside of those 2 occurrences, and I haven't seen anyone here debate otherwise (including BilliJo). As Solar suggested, participation was not required to hold an active account. In the same vein, If I create an e-mail account, it will still be active regardless if I ever use it again. It really is just a matter of context ...

Edited by Chase01
  • Like 3

That's right, Chase. I wrote a nice post that explained where the difference between the 'sides' here lies, but it was deleted along with other posts from various people. I don't think it dawned on anyone until today, but we've been talking about different things. It certainly hadn't dawned on me until today. The word 'active' was used about different things, without realising it.

What happened is that BilliJo saw that the Bloodlines website says that Phil Deakins is an active member, and that's what she repeated here. I know that I'm not an active member, and I said so. It ended up as we all know. But what we didn't realise is that we were talking about different things.

If someone signs up in SL, they have an active account. If they log out and never come back, then it remains an active account ad-infinitum, because the person CAN use it again. But the person isn't an active member of SL. Only the account is active, not the person. In the same way, I created a Bloodlines account 3½ years ago to do a favour for a friend, and I did nothing to change it, so I do have an active account there. My activity lasted only a minute or so, and that was the last time I had anything to do with Bloodlines, so I (the person behind the account) have been inactive since then. Therefore I am not an active member of Bloodlines. There is an active account in my name but I (the person) am not an active member. It doesn't matter whether or not the Bloodlines page says that Phil Deakins is an active member, the truth is he isn't, as the account's history shows. It's only the account that's active, not the person. The word 'active' was used for two different things - account and person - as though they were the same, but they're not.

Edited by Phil Deakins

Since the definition of 'active' is what's being debated here, perhaps it would be more pertinent to change the word and treat it like a certain religion, Phil. You were once (very briefly, for a few seconds) practicing, but now you're lapsed. You were 'baptised' into the Bloodlines 'faith' but you never went to church after that ;)

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 3

On 10/6/2017 at 7:48 PM, BilliJo Aldrin said:

The victim doesn't need to have a hud to be bitten and registered as having lost their soul in bloodlines. That's what people complain about, the fact that you are not notified that you will be put into the data base if you accept the bite 

If a bloodlines victim doesn't have the hud, the vampire gets a blood fix (value 15 L) the human loses his soul to the abyss, and the victims name shows up on the vampires master bite list.

The vampire only collects the soul if they are the first one to bite the human after the hud is worn by the victim.

Only souls that have been taken thru the hud that the human wears count for the vampires rank and standing.

The last section may be true now, but I can't see how it can have been true before the human hud was released back in December 2010.

Before then vampires were collecting souls for the game for two years or more, before there was a Human hud for anyone to wear.

https://blog.slbloodlines.com/category/updates/page/8/

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

What happened is that BilliJo saw that the Bloodlines website says that Phil Deakins is an active member, and that's what she repeated here. I know that I'm not an active member, and I said so. It ended up as we all know. But what we didn't realize is that we were talking about different things.

My perception of it was that she was on the same page, but you were getting hung up on her using the term "active" as if she was calling you out; when in fact she wasn't. I just wanted to say something so there wouldn't be any animosity between you two. As they say, most arguments start as a result of a simple misunderstanding. This thread delivered that in spades. :D

Now everyone can kiss and makeup :P

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Since the definition of 'active' is what's being debated here, perhaps it would be more pertinent to change the word and treat it like a certain religion, Phil. You were once (very briefly, for a few seconds) practicing, but now you're lapsed. You were 'baptised' into the Bloodlines 'faith' but you never went to church after that ;)

Perfect !!!

59 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

The last section may be true now, but I can't see how it can have been true before the human hud was released back in December 2010.

Before then vampires were collecting souls for the game for two years or more, before there was a Human hud for anyone to wear.

https://blog.slbloodlines.com/category/updates/page/8/

Before the human hud was created, people joining the game wore the vampire hud and clicked "human" or "vampire" depending if they wanted to be a doll or a vamp. 

Souls have always been collected thru the hud the victim wears.

I've been closely involved in bloodlines since  I was about 6 months old. I've forgotten more than certain people here ever knew

There are a lot here and I'm not going to read through them all. Here's the thing, I understand you indentifying with your avi. However, Progeny can't hurt you. To those players, you're a non player character in their own little world. You, the real you, isn't involved in their little world. There are rude "roleplayers" all over SL that only care about what they want. Block and move on.

If you are identifying that closely with your avi, you need to step back. It's just pixels on the screen. You need to keep in mind that it's not you. If you can't make that separation, Second Life may not be for you. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bobbie Faulds said:

There are a lot here and I'm not going to read through them all. Here's the thing, I understand you indentifying with your avi. However, Progeny can't hurt you. To those players, you're a non player character in their own little world. You, the real you, isn't involved in their little world. There are rude "roleplayers" all over SL that only care about what they want. Block and move on.

If you are identifying that closely with your avi, you need to step back. It's just pixels on the screen. You need to keep in mind that it's not you. If you can't make that separation, Second Life may not be for you. 

Thats very true Bobbie, however when one brain dead person leaves a mark on your Avi that you are unable remove (other so called Vampires can tell you have been bitten) then thats bloody annoying especially if you did NOT give permission,  you have NEVER become part of any games like that or joined anything remotely like it, you remained totally unaware until another Vampire informed you then sorry, that is a good reason to get very annoyed be it game of otherwise but the biggest thing that bugs me is Linden are not prepared to do anything about it other than tell you to create a new Avi!!!  so is one supposed to dump everything you have and ignore all the money you have spent on various objects? dispense with your name and have to purchase everything again?  it's the principle of the thing Avi puppet or not. 

• Haha 1

To my way of thinking, the point is that nobody has left a mark on your avatar. The mark is in someone's database, that's all. I could make a database of avatars I have met, or avatars I have posted replies to, and make it available to a group of people. If I did, you would be on the list, but there wouldn't be mark of any kind on, or against, your avatar.

I know that the nature of the 'list' (vampires) is something you are very much against the idea of, so it's a bit different to my hypothetical list of people who I have posted replies to, but, even so, there is no mark on your avatar, and it doesn't affect you it in the slightest. The only effect is in your head - the way you perceive it. So, imo, the best thing to do is forget it. Let it fade from your mind.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, johnboy Snoodle said:

Thats very true Bobbie, however when one brain dead person leaves a mark on your Avi that you are unable remove (other so called Vampires can tell you have been bitten) then thats bloody annoying especially if you did NOT give permission,  you have NEVER become part of any games like that or joined anything remotely like it, you remained totally unaware until another Vampire informed you then sorry, that is a good reason to get very annoyed be it game of otherwise but the biggest thing that bugs me is Linden are not prepared to do anything about it other than tell you to create a new Avi!!!  so is one supposed to dump everything you have and ignore all the money you have spent on various objects? dispense with your name and have to purchase everything again?  it's the principle of the thing Avi puppet or not. 

Annoyed, yes.

You went well beyond annoyed judging by many of the responses to you earlier in the thread and even now take it to a point that is questionable at best.

No mark has been left upon your avatar - period. Progeny, Bloodlines and every other RP system within Second Life are in no way connected to the Linden servers in any manner which allows them to 'mark' you in any way outside of their own systems.

Further there is not a single thing Linden Lab can do about any system which uses external hosting for their databases unless said database happens to be hosting truly private information about you and allowing that information to be accessed within Second Life. No, your avatar name does not count as private information.

Had no one said anything to you then you would have been blissfully unaware of any of this and simply gone about your daily activities as though nothing of consequence had happened. Funny thing is, nothing of consequence has actually happened. Outside of a single questionable Role Play system, nothing whatsoever has changed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnboy Snoodle said:

There is no mark anywhere.  Don't forget that it is all MAKE BELIEVE.  Why would LL get involved in something that is totally pretend?  Someone pretended that they bit you.  You can either ignore it and go about your SLife or you can pretend right along with them and thus WILLING be drawn into the game.

Your name is in a database.  It means nothing -- though based on the many pages of this thread, it could make for some entertaining forum posts down the road.  :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2359 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.