Vampire bite with no warning or knowledge.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2380 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Alright, Billi, you are calling us liars (3 of us now). I am suitably offended, and you owe me, and the others, an apology.

For the last time, I have never ever been a member of, active or otherwise, or involved in, Bloodlines, or anything even remotely similar. I have never worn a Bloodlines HUD, or a HUD for anything remotely similar. The only thing that ever happened between Bloodlines and me was that I allowed a bite - once - without wearing a HUD or anything else. And that was the end of it as far as I was concerned. You may think you know differently, but that's only because of your ignorance. Now please stop saying that I am, or was, a member of Bloodlines. It's offensive, and totally untrue.

Edited by Phil Deakins

18 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Thanks for looking me up Billi. I appreciate it.

Does the other vampire system, the one where people can be bitten without having any interaction with it at all (from their side) not work on points then? I thought their vampires wore HUDs which collected the equivalent of points too. The bitten don't even have to accept the bite request in their system, let alone wear a HUD.

I have no idea how the other system works, but since it doesn't ask me to participate in any way I'm not bothered by it.

There is still some confusion here. You only wear the hud in bloodlines if you want the person biting you to have your soul, otherwise it goes into the abyss. If at a future time you wish to become active, you buy the hud (or more likely have it given to you by a vampire) and the next vampire to bite you gets your soul.

Anyone can look up people in bloodlines, just enter a name into the search bar.

https://www.slbloodlines.com/

7 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Alright, Billi, you are calling us liars (3 of us now). I am suitably offended, and you owe me, and the others, an apology.

For the last time, I have never ever been a member of, active or otherwise, or involved in, Bloodlines, or anything even remotely similar. I have never worn a Bloodlines HUD, or a HUD for anything remotely similar. The only thing that ever happened between Bloodlines and me was that I allowed a bite - once - without wearing a HUD or anything else. And that was the end of it as far as I was concerned. You may think you know differently, but that's only because your ignorance of it. Now please stop saying that I am or was a member of Bloodlines.

You said yourself the whole incident is rather hazy in your mind. The bloodlines webpage shows that you are lying or confused. You ARE a member of bloodlines and here is the page that proves it

https://human.slbloodlines.com/members/164917

If it bothers you that much, wear the garlic necklace, activate it and your name will disappear from the database.

Maybe  I should ask the vampire that bit you *grins*

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added a line

5 minutes ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

thanks her local "Bloodline status checker" ;)

but... I HAVE been bitten and been told I´ve been in Limbo.... or Abyss or... idk...but... COOOOOOL ^^ HA beat that b**ches^^ THAT name and no Bloodlines record ^^ *dances... but then goes back to behaving ^^

its possible she said that to trick u into letting her bite you.

Btw, Billi. The page concerning me that you linked to, says that I've been a member since February 2014. That's only 3½ years ago. The bite I allowed was years before then, and I haven't had anything to do with Bloodlines since the bite. So I have no idea how I came to be a member in 2014. I can guarantee that, however my name came to be there, it had nothing whatsoever to do with me.

Edited by Phil Deakins

9 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

You said yourself the whole incident is rather hazy in your mind. The bloodlines webpage shows that you are lying or confused. You ARE a member of bloodlines and here is the page that proves it

https://human.slbloodlines.com/members/164917

If it bothers you that much, wear the garlic necklace, activate it and your name will disappear from the database.

I can understand why you believe that I'm a member, but read my last post. I have never knowingly been a member of it. Never! I am not lying and neither are you. You are not telling the truth but you believe it to be true, so you are not lying. You still owe me an apology.

My memory is a bit hazy, but not hazy enough that I might have worn a HUD, AND the haziness is about the bite, which was years before that page says I became a member. You are wrong. The page is wrong.

Incidentally, I don't mind people thinking that I joined Bloodlines 3½ years ago. It's irrelevant. What I do mind is people calling me a liar when I am not lying.

Edited by Phil Deakins

2 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

its possible she said that to trick u into letting her bite you.

he^^  my first sl partner and "master" (oh gosh I was young and stupid and .... you´d cry seeing piccies of those early days... I do cry XD)  and my bestie actually showed me... idk what had happened or... but hm I still like the fact that I don´t show up^^ (and I don´t show up.... I checked back cos... wow ^^)

but with the boys saying they never wore a hud, me being pretty sure I attached it once  - it is pretty weird xD I know Phil and Dillon will slap me but ... HAAAAHAAAA boys *offers hugs

6 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Btw, Billi. The page concerning me that you linked to, says that I've been a member since February 2014. That's only 3½ years ago. The bite I allowed was years before then, and I haven't had anything to do with Bloodlines since the bite. So I have no idea how I came to be a member in 2014. I can guarantee that, however my name came to be there, it had nothing whatsoever to do with me.

like i said before, wear the garlic necklace, activate it, and your name will disappear from the roster of active members.

I am trying to ask: What purpose does a vampire bite have if the soul go into the Abyss?

Because the point is to collect souls, right? The vamp with most souls wins?

So I don't know why the vampires I meet, send out blue pop-up messages: xxx will bite you press yes to... this without any IM or greeting.

They ruin the avatar they bite without the HUD, he/she isn't possible to collect the soul of anymore. So why? Why does vamps spam bite requests, bite requests, bite requests? It has to be some benefit for them, or else I don't get it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I am trying to ask: What purpose does a vampire bite have if the soul go into the Abyss?

As I understand it, your soul goes into the Abyss if the vampire who originally bit you leaves the game of Bloodlines, for whatever reason.   In those circumstances, and this is, I think, the important part, any other vampire who wants to collect your soul has to pay Bloodlines some L$ to buy something that returns your soul to active play.    So it monetises casual biters.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

What purpose does a vampire bite have if the soul go into the Abyss?

Generate income. 

To collect the soul you have to buy the victim a HUD.  Even without that, the player needs to bite someone to stay alive in the game system.  There are potions the player can buy (again, income for the developers) that will bypass having to bite someone for a time.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Innula Zenovka said:

As I understand it, your soul goes into the Abyss if the vampire who originally bit you leaves the game of Bloodlines, for whatever reason.   In those circumstances, and this is, I think, the important part, any other vampire who wants to collect your soul has to pay Bloodlines some L$ to buy something that returns your soul to active play.    So it monetises casual biters.

I am talking about the that the victim has to wear a HUD, before the soul can be harvested and go the vampire who hand you the HUD. This is what BilliJoAldrin say again and again. You agree, this is what she say?

So I say it again, bite requests from unknown vampires without any talk before, what purpose do they have if they don't give you a HUD first? I know no one, not ONE offered me a HUD on any of the different avatars I use. The blue window comes up in the corner. I always pressed "no" so I know neither of my avatars are in the register. I do not need anyone to search for me. I am able to type in my avatars names, and no one is there.

Billi claims that if the victim accept a bite request, and is bitten without wearing a HUD, the soul goes to the Abyss directly. This is what I get when I read her. English isn't my #1 language so maybe she say something else and I don't understand?

When you accept, when the victim press yes, the bite animation and the bite take place immediately, there is no waiting while the vampire send the HUD and  the victim has time to wear it?

So then, the soul is wasted, if what Billi claims is true. And the vampire who bite a victim without a HUD is ignorant?

16 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Because the point is to collect souls, right? The vamp with most souls wins?

So I don't know why the vampires I meet, send out blue pop-up messages: xxx will bite you press yes to... this without any IM or greeting.

They ruin the avatar they bite without the HUD, he/she isn't possible to collect the soul of anymore. So why? Why does vamps spam bite requests, bite requests, bite requests? It has to be some benefit for them, or else I don't get it.

because the bloody annoying biters think they get the soul by just biting... but forget it only works when the bitten one wears one of the huds.

The real biter will pay the hud... but the annoying ones just run.

Another thing can be, a bite delivers a little bit of blood to the biter, if he's too lazy to work for protection, or buy his own needed amount of blood, will only need to bite a few random people to have enough for some days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Rhonda Huntress said:

Generate income. 

To collect the soul you have to buy the victim a HUD.  Even without that, the player needs to bite someone to stay alive in the game system.  There are potions the player can buy (again, income for the developers) that will bypass having to bite someone for a time.

But I am thick and need to ask again. Perhaps I am just stupid with words.

ALL vampires who I meet, send a bite request without warning. Are you saying that if I accepted it, the bite would not take place just there and then, that very moment, but the bite would not happen before I got the HUD?

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

B

ALL vampires who I meet, send a bite request without warning. Are you saying that if I accepted it, the bite would not take place just there and then, that very moment, but the bite would not happen before I got the HUD?

the bite happens that moment as soon you accept, but the soul doesn't count before the victim wears the hud.

And some only bite to feed, no matter if you are bitten already or not...

btw... i'm a BL player too, but simply mute the idiots players, who don't even take the efford to ask.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Thanks 1

Basically they have a health meter that goes down over time.  Bite another avatar and health goes up. 

[eta]

There are two different gaming resources that get collected.  The soul is one.  It comes from the first bite ever and once harvested it stays in the system.  The other is blood.  Blood is needed  resource.  It degrades over time so continually needs to be harvested.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

because the bloody annoying biters think they get the soul by just biting... but forget it only works when the bitten one wears one of the huds.

The real biter will pay the hud... but the annoying ones just run.

Another thing can be, a bite delivers a little bit of blood to the biter, if he's too lazy to work for protection, or buy his own needed amount of blood, will only need to bite a few random people to have enough for some days.

Thank you! That is what I thought, stupidity or laziness. Or maybe they get a kick out of tricking people and "ruin" them for roleplay with others.

As I have the soul intact, I could give it freely to a vampire I got interested in. For love or for some benefit. But if I was tricked to give it away as a noob, it would be spoiled for us, yes?

3 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Basically they have a health meter that goes down over time.  Bite another avatar and health goes up. 

Ah, that is a purpose I understand. Can vamps buy blood in bottles from the bloodlines system, in case they have no one to feed from?

Edited by Marianne Little

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

Thank you! That is what I thought, stupidity or laziness. Or maybe they get a kick out of tricking people and "ruin" them for roleplay with others.

As I have the soul intact, I could give it freely to a vampire I got interested in. For love or for some benefit. But if I was tricked to give it away as a noob, it would be spoiled for us, yes?

not completely... your soul can be transfered voluntarely by a tool if both players agree, or you can always force it to go to one you want by using a potion, the one that keeps the soul will have no vote in it than.

Also when your soul is in Limbo or Abbyss, there are potions to get it free to go to somebody else, it won't come back to yourself.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2380 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.