Do you prefer box? Or no box?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

I keep sounds off too, which would probably be why I haven't encountered them either.  I also keep particles off, but I know some people package theirs with particle emitters(never understood that one, either, it doesn't really enhance one's unpacking experience..ok, maybe just not mine, lol)

whaa? no particles?! buuuu that's like cup cakes with no sprinkles! :o shopping with us is like a party in your mouth! xD

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

OMG - my sounds are always off unless I am intentionally listening to music

6 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

I keep sounds off too,

Turning off sound to block gesture spammers is one of the first things many people learn.

Many years ago I bought a pair of Bax boots that made the heel click sound when you walked.  I turned on sound to hear them.  That was so cool!  For 10 minutes.  Then I heard everyone else s clicky heels everywhere!  All the different click sounds at different paces was almost as if Dr Seuss wrote an audio book about heel clicks.

I dug the sound script out of my boots, turned off sounds again and apologized to the internet for adding to the sound spam.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Turning off sound to block gesture spammers is one of the first things many people learn.

That is precisely why I turn them off. Gesturbating in public is one of the banes of my sl existence. I have loads of gestures too, have had lots of fun with friends and gestures over the years, but gestures are the reason I avoid nearly all clubs and public events. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Many years ago I bought a pair of Bax boots that made the heel click sound when you walked.  I turned on sound to hear them.  That was so cool!  For 10 minutes.  Then I heard everyone else s clicky heels everywhere!  All the different click sounds at different paces was almost as if Dr Seuss wrote an audio book about heel clicks.

Ahhhhh, SL memories. I was pretty amazed that they could make my heels make that sound.  It didn't take very long for it to become annoying though.

• Like 2

I really dislike having to rezz a box. Frequently I'm working one event and getting ready for another, being at a vanilla 80's event and having the latest dominatrix outfit show itself as  I try to unpack it (advertising on the box) can be awkward.

Really, I would be happy if all content creators would just clearly label their boxes if it's going to rezz something inworld instead of invis-attach.....

I hate the animated bags too......

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Ahhhhh, SL memories. I was pretty amazed that they could make my heels make that sound.  It didn't take very long for it to become annoying though.

Yep, found them highly entertaining for about 15 minutes, lol!

• Like 2

I did some Adventing with my building alt so she would have some clothes and also to broaden my horizons in terms of what creators are doing these days. It was great when it came in a box and I could just delete the extra sizes, knowing that there was a safe copy in the original packaging should it be needed. And it was, as her size and shape are still evolving. Even went back in to a couple to find notecards and LMs that I wouldn't have kept otherwise but was glad to have.

Needing to rez and fill a prim, make sure nothing got left out in process, label it properly and all of that got tedious quickly. I much prefer boxes over folders because they're instant back-up copies and I've found it useful to have them.

ETA: I'm one for intentionally wearing boxes to quickly see what's in them so I appreciate it when creators put their advertising picture on the outside. Thanks to the few who still do that.

Edited by Bitsy Buccaneer
  • Like 1

I like boxes.  I like them best without scripts.  In fact I have a tendency to open boxes on no-script land.....

Right-click and Open, choose what you want.

If it isn't in a box. I will probably put it in one for storage, then it gets added to the Big Box called 'Saved Boxes'.  I never delete anything...

On 1.8.2017 at 11:09 PM, Talligurl said:

When the box looks like this, (the wine racks came in this one) then I love it.

8.1.17 rain_008.png

A always wondered how Hattie managed to fit that rack inside such a small crate, without breaking a single bottle even.

Completely off topic but that crate brings back fond memories. Hattie used to have a pile of them on her work platform and one day I hid a mouse rezzer in between them. It took her a week before she noticed all the mice scurrying around her feet while she was working. ^_^

• Like 2

On 7/28/2017 at 3:14 PM, Klytyna said:

Annoying is when you have to rez a box and open it to get a folder with an updater that you have to rez that orders a server to send you a folder with a box that you have to rez and open to get the folder with the damn outfit in it.

Yes, there's a store that does that...

What's the store name so I can prank my wife

On 28.7.2017 at 9:14 PM, Klytyna said:

Annoying is when you have to rez a box and open it to get a folder with an updater that you have to rez that orders a server to send you a folder with a box that you have to rez and open to get the folder with the damn outfit in it.

Yes, there's a store that does that...

That's because they're not trying hard enough.

What they should have made is a HUD you have to wear to get a box you have to open to get a folder with an updater you have to rez to get the URL to the website where you can enter a code to get a box with another code and landmark to the inworld store where you can get the outfit by entering the other code into the delivery thingy.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

That's because they're not trying hard enough.

What they should have made is a HUD you have to wear to get a box you have to open to get a folder with an updater you have to rez to get the URL to the website where you can enter a code to get a box with another code and landmark to the inworld store where you can get the outfit by entering the other code into the delivery thingy.

And theres probably a store that does that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chrismaky said:

And theres probably a store that does that.

There has to be. Second Life has everything! ^_^

Btw, I forgot: to really get it right. the updater has to be no copy and the box it is in has to have a name ending with "Wear me".

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 1

Now I want to be a gacha reseller of the most ultra rares that nobody can find anymore and make it as annoying as possible for people to obtain the product.

38 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

a HUD you have to wear to get a box you have to open to get a folder with an updater you have to rez to get the URL to the website where you can enter a code to get a box with another code and landmark to the inworld store where you can get the outfit by entering the other code into the delivery thingy.

I would call my store SuperRawr Prankster.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Chrismaky said:

Now I want to be a gacha reseller of the most ultra rares that nobody can find anymore and make it as annoying as possible for people to obtain the product.

^_^

Btw, I'm sure most people spotted the flaws in my description right away. Terribly sorry about that, I guess I wasn't trying hard enough either. This is how a *proper* SL delivery system should be:

1. Buy item on MP
  2. Wear the HUD you get delivered
  3. Click on the "Your HUD is likely to affect your performance negatively" alert
  4. Click on HUD
  5. Accept the folder it gives you
  6. Wear the box in the folder
  7. Try to click on it through the cloud of funny particles it emits
  8. Discover that you can't transfer no copy items from a worn object to inventory
  9. Detach box
  10. Rez box
  11. Discover that the box is scripted to autodelete when rezzed
  12. Repeat #1-5
  13. Go to a no script sandbox
  14. Rez the new box there
  15. Move the updater to your inventory
  16. Go back to a place where you can run scripts
  17. Rez the updater
  18. Wait two minutes while the updater does ... something
  19. Click on the link the updater eventually posts in local chat
  20. Copy the order confirmation code and the product activation code on the web page you are taken to and click on the SLURL to the store there
  21. Go to the store
  22. Click on the landmark giver by the "We have moved" sign to get a landmark to the big plaza outside the new store
  23. Use landmark
  24. Figure out which of the four buidlings around the plaza is the one you are looking for
  25. Walk to that store (it's a no flying zone with a fixed tp entry point so walking is the only option)
  26. Find the Product Delivery Terminal (it's on the sixth floor, in the notertheast corner, as far away from the staircase as possible and behind that cool fully transparent wall)
  27. Click on Product Delivery Terminal
  28. Type order confirmation code on channel /666
  29. Accept the box the terminal gives you
  30. Go home
  31. Rez box
  32. Try to click on the box through the cloud of funny particles it emits
  33. Accept the folder with the piece of clothing and the activator
  34. Wear the (untextured) piece of clothing
  35. Rez activator
  36. Wait three minutes while the activator does ... something
  37. Type the activation code on channel /666
  38. Watch as the activator adds a texture to the piece of clothing.

Did I get it all this time or did I still miss a few steps?

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

^_^

Btw, I'm sure most people spotted the flaws in my description right away. Terribly sorry about that, I guess I wasn't trying hard enough either. This is how a *proper* SL delivery system should be:

1. Buy item on MP
  2. Wear the HUD you get delivered
  3. Click on the "Your HUD is likely to affect your performance negatively" alert
  4. Click on HUD
  5. Accept the folder it gives you
  6. Wear the box in the folder
  7. Try to click on it through the cloud of funny particles it emits
  8. Discover that you can't transfer no copy items from a worn object to inventory
  9. Detach box
  10. Rez box
  11. Discover that the box is scripted to autodelete when rezzed
  12. Repeat #1-5
  13. Go to a no script sandbox
  14. Rez the new box there
  15. Move the updater to your inventory
  16. Go back to a place where you can run scripts
  17. Rez the updater
  18. Wait two minutes while the updater does ... something
  19. Click on the link the updater eventually posts in local chat
  20. Copy the order confirmation code and the product activation code on the web page you are taken to and click on the SLURL to the store there
  21. Go to the store
  22. Click on the landmark giver by the "We have moved" sign to get a landmark to the big plaza outside the new store
  23. Use landmark
  24. Figure out which of the four buidlings around the plaza is the one you are looking for
  25. Walk to that store (it's a no flying zone with a fixed tp entry point so walking is the only option)
  26. Find the Product Delivery Terminal (it's on the sixth floor, in the notertheast corner, as far away from the staircase as possible and behind that cool fully transparent wall)
  27. Click on Product Delivery Terminal
  28. Type order confirmation code on channel /666
  29. Accept the box the terminal gives you
  30. Go home
  31. Rez box
  32. Try to click on the box through the cloud of funny particles it emits
  33. Accept the folder with the piece of clothing and the activator
  34. Wear the (untextured) piece of clothing
  35. Rez activator
  36. Wait three minutes while the activator does ... something
  37. Type the activation code on channel /666
  38. Watch as the activator adds a texture to the piece of clothing.

Did I get it all this time or did I still miss a few steps?

If the activator fails, repeat steps 1-38

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ChinRey said:

^_^

(snip the very funny stuff for brevity)Did I get it all this time or did I still miss a few steps?

Step 24a... the entire region is White on White with a full screen white shopping hud, to obscure your view of the correct place for the vendor. (>.> nope, not naming them)

• Like 3

Just now, Callum Meriman said:

Step 24a... the entire region is White on White with a full screen white shopping hud, to obscure your view of the correct place for the vendor. (>.> nope, not naming them)

Oh yes. That's a alternative method. I only know of one store who actually did it that way but it should work just as well as the more common "Oversized Buildigns Around A Big Plaza" trick.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.