Do you prefer box? Or no box?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I prefer in this order:

• receiving a folder
  • in a HUD that delivers a folder
  • boxed that delivers a folder, but honestly, why do I have to wear it on my avatar and let it play some animation that over rides my own when there is no reason for it?
  • boxed that has to be ressed in world
  • gacha boxed

I understand the reasons and limitations of each but if I could pick, that's how I would prioritize them.  Just for ease of opening or not having to open in the first case.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Carolyn Zapedzki said:

It is annoying when you get a box inside a box.

Annoying is when you have to rez a box and open it to get a folder with an updater that you have to rez that orders a server to send you a folder with a box that you have to rez and open to get the folder with the damn outfit in it.

Yes, there's a store that does that...

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

Annoying is when you have to rez a box and open it to get a folder with an updater that you have to rez that orders a server to send you a folder with a box that you have to rez and open to get the folder with the damn outfit in it.

Yes, there's a store that does that...

My brain is frazzled just reading that lol

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

in a HUD that delivers a folder

This is my number one choice. I like keeping my size out and saving the original package in case I need a new copy of a hud or changed sizes for some reason.

I also sort my inventory while waiting for LBs and huds allow for opening stuff discreetly.

• Like 2

On MP:

• No box if I'm the buyer
  • Box if I'm the seller

Inworld:

• No box

Edit: Ideally I would have preferred to never ever having to buy or sell anything boxed. But if you have an MP store with a large number of lsiting and each listing contains a large number of items, you don't really have a choice. VML is rubbish even at the best of times and the more individual items you ask it to handle, the worse it gets. And of course at an inworld store, if you use a scritped vendor, you don't have any choice at all: everything that is sold together has to be boxed.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 2

Depends entirely on the product and where I'm opening it.

One thing I can't stand, and many creators do, is have a "wearable package"(which comes in countless forms these days) that has some stupid animation in it, lol. Ok, maybe it's not a stupid animation to the person, but it is stupid *to me*. I don't mind wearable packages, especially when they unpack as I put them on, those are awesome. I even like rezzable packaging that automatically unpacks itself on rez. The animations just annoy me though. Not that it's impossible to stop the animation, but having to repeatedly stop all animations to get it to stop, which happens more often than it does not, drives me bonkers, lol. 

• Like 2

I want either a HUD that delivers the product or a box (wearable or rezzable) that automatically unpacks.  If the box is wearable, name it as such, otherwise I will rezz it so I don't end up with a dorky box attached that then has to be unattached and rezzed.

The reason I want a box or HUD is because I want one item that can be filed away in case I want/need to access it again later - and I don't want to have to make a copy of everything and box it myself just to have that backup.

If the annimation is just the normal 'holding a purse/box/whatever', skip it.  Basically if it isn't a super cute annimation like Fashiowl Poses, skip it.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

Hate hate hate boxes.

ESPECIALLY hate boxes or "shopping bags" that have these dweeby animations on them for "hold" because they want you to buy and hold, then extract the item. I also hate hate hate boxes that unpack themselves and start going into your inventory, especial havoc with single-copy gachas. I want to be able to put my purchase in my own selected folder, thanks, I don't need all your packaging crap.

This really annoys me and I even asked a Linden once whether all this excessive packaging and animation was a strain on the servers, and he said it wasn't, but I'd like a second opinion.

on top, of boxes that ask if they may animate you, I don't like those boxes that upon rezzing, auto unpack and then give you an audible "Thank you for your purshase. Thank you for shopping with us". in a creepy monotone male or female voice :S. So now only do I have to tell said box that, "no I would not like you to animate my avatar" I now have to remember to turn sounds off before getting home and unpacking xD

HUD un-packers are the way for me

Edited by Hunter Stern
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hunter Stern said:

on top, of boxes that ask if they may animate you, I don't like those boxes that upon rezzing, auto unpack and then give you an audible "Thank you for your purshase. Thank you for shopping with us". in a creepy monotone male or female voice :S. So now only do i not have to tell said box that, "no I would not like you to animate my avatar" I now have to remember to turn sounds off before getting home and unpacking xD

HUD un-packers are the way for me

OMG - my sounds are always off unless I am intentionally listening to music.  I did not know such crap had been added to packages these days.  LOL

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

OMG - my sounds are always off unless I am intentionally listening to music.  I did not know such crap had been added to packages these days.  LOL

I keep sounds off too, which would probably be why I haven't encountered them either.  I also keep particles off, but I know some people package theirs with particle emitters(never understood that one, either, it doesn't really enhance one's unpacking experience..ok, maybe just not mine, lol)

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.