Everything about deleting your Second Life account

EmperorNapoleonBonaparte

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2184 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I want to know everything that happens when you delete your Second Life account. When you delete your account, is it possible to create a new avatar, using the same name as the deleted account? Do avatar names become reusable once you delete the account with that certain name?

Issue: Even though I am a newbie and joined a few days ago, I keep getting banned in places for no reason! I even got banned in places where you collect money! I thought it was normal and only available to all people whose accounts are a few days old until your account is too old. The I found out that people older than my account by years still use the same "collect Linden money" places! The places say they welcome everyone, but they don't welcome me! Now it's impossible for me to earn Linden money! I can't even earn Linden money anymore to buy an outfit I want! I've tried everything such as listening to their headmasters and filing a ticket, but they never lift the bans even though they say they want to give me chances.

When I want to check the status of a ticket, they say they would email me a link or something to the ticket. They never send me the link. This makes me think that the ticket things are a glitch and possibly fake.

Now back to the big question. The big question is:

Do avatar names become reusable once you delete the account with that certain name?

2 minutes ago, Kymrie said:

The other way to earn them, as other people have already suggested, is to play games sponsored by Linden Labs, such as Linden Realms and PaleoQuest.

I'm still trying to find both Linden Realms and PaleoQuest. Can you send a link to both of them?

Their places were free and they do not require payment information files. People there can join at any account age. Their name is "earn FREE Linden Dollars - Fish & Gold Hunt HQ - Advertising, Business Park" and that's not fair they banned me. I think it's stupid because they let other people "newbie or not" to enter, but they don't let me enter anymore.

Just now, Kymrie said:

I checked on the Business Park sim and you're right, they don't require it. You also don't seem to be on their ban list, so I'm not sure why you can't get in.

How do you check a place's ban list? They say I can't enter because I've been pushing other players. There were other players that push and bumped into other players while collecting their coins. I've talked to one of the players and they've told me that sometimes it's a lag and that it's ok that it happens sometimes. Then I got banned! This is why I'm quitting Second Life or maybe make a new account. I can't be like this forever. I can't have the ability to stay stuck with the few money I've had the last time I used the ATM in the Business Park place before they banned me.

Also, they say my behavior in their chat groups were bad. How were they bad? I was issuing something about the ban, and arguing and debating with people about it. Then their female headmaster said that I gave them a headache. She also said I gave her a headache. Debates are natural and they shouldn't give people a headache. What they should give me is a solution and remove the ban. After that, then no more debates from me.

2 minutes ago, EmperorNapoleonBonaparte said:

How do you check a place's ban list? They say I can't enter because I've been pushing other players. There were other players that push and bumped into other players while collecting their coins. I've talked to one of the players and they've told me that sometimes it's a lag and that it's ok that it happens sometimes. Then I got banned! This is why I'm quitting Second Life or maybe make a new account. I can't be like this forever. I can't have the ability to stay stuck with the few money I've had the last time I used the ATM in the Business Park place before they banned me.

Also, they say my behavior in their chat groups were bad. How were they bad? I was issuing something about the ban, and arguing and debating with people about it. Then their female headmaster said that I gave them a headache. She also said I gave her a headache. Debates are natural and they shouldn't give people a headache. What they should give me is a solution and remove the ban. After that, then no more debates from me.

Ah, that makes sense. Walking into people is considered very rude in SL. It does happen every once in a while if you lag, but if you do it constantly I can see how that would be annoying. Arguing and debating with moderators is definitely something you shouldn't do. As for why you're not on their list, I'm not sure. Could be sim lag. You can leave SL if you really want to, but again, games like that are really not worth the effort and there are other ways to earn lindens.

Second Life, and any other large community really, has a lot of unspoken rules about behavior. To keep things like that from happening again, you should brush up on your etiquette.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, EmperorNapoleonBonaparte said:

Arguing and debating in a group chat is very poor behavior.  If you want to argue with the sim owner / manager in private IM, that is your choice, but group chat is definitely not the place for such.  There is no reason why the rest of the group members should have to listen to your issues with the sim owner / manager.

As to pushing people as you walk, pull up the mini-map and keep it open and zoomed in when you are in a crowded area.  That will help you avoid people even if they are not fully rezzed for you yet.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kymrie said:

Ah, that makes sense. Walking into people is considered very rude in SL. It does happen every once in a while if you lag, but if you do it constantly I can see how that would be annoying. Arguing and debating with moderators is definitely something you shouldn't do. As for why you're not on their list, I'm not sure. Could be sim lag. You can leave SL if you really want to, but again, games like that are really not worth the effort and there are other ways to earn lindens.

Second Life, and any other large community really, has a lot of unspoken rules about behavior. To keep things like that from happening again, you should brush up on your etiquette.

Oh, but our characters are animated characters. I'll just make a new account and try not to repeat the same mistakes. I'm a newbie and I didn't know!

1 minute ago, EmperorNapoleonBonaparte said:

Oh, but our characters are animated characters. I'll just make a new account and try not to repeat the same mistakes. I'm a newbie and I didn't know!

That's okay. Everybody was a newbie once. :)

Good luck with the fresh start.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EmperorNapoleonBonaparte said:

But theirs are not as worse as mine. Mine is the worst because I kept getting banned and I didn't know why and how until I had debates with everyone.

If you are new to Second Life and keep getting banned from places you've never even been to before, it is possible that your IP address has somehow ended up on the list of one of those fake anti-griefer schemes unscrupulous merchants foist onto ignorant landowners. If that is the case and you decide to start a new alt to get around it, make sure you always have media and sound streaming switched off when you visit those places because it's through those they can get your IP address.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ChinRey said:

If you are new to Second Life and keep getting banned from places you've never even been to before, it is possible that your IP address has somehow ended up on the list of one of those fake anti-griefer schemes unscrupulous merchants foist onto ignorant landowners. If that is the case and you decide to start a new alt to get around it, make sure you always have media and sound streaming switched off when you visit those places because it's through those they can get your IP address.

Ok, and I am sure I don't have the IP address of one of those fake griefers and banned people. I do not know any of them.

1 hour ago, EmperorNapoleonBonaparte said:

I am sure I don't have the IP address of one of those fake griefers and banned people. I do not know any of them.

you can not be sure unless you have your own range... it sometimes happens somebody gets blocked because of this, even for whole SL.

Knowing a griefer or banned person doesn't change this.

Lot of IP adresses aren't personal or assigned to one internet user forever. Every reset or reboot from your ISP can change the adress what you use to enter the www

On 7/7/2017 at 8:11 AM, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Why would you even have a name like that, and use that picture? What are you trying to prove? Are you a griefer, drama queen or just looking for attention? 

There is nothing specifically against using historical figure names in TOS (4.2), but I am surprised it has not been changed.  If you want, create an alt named ArthurWellesleyOfWellington and start a flame war!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Why would you even have a name like that, and use that picture? What are you trying to prove? Are you a griefer, drama queen or just looking for attention? 

There's the elephant in the room! I was wondering when someone would see it!

1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

There is nothing specifically against using historical figure names in TOS (4.2), but I am surprised it has not been changed.  If you want, create an alt named ArthurWellesleyOfWellington and start a flame war!

Ok, and I need to find a friend who is willing to play as the Duke of Wellington. I've tried, but he quickly got bored of Second Life. If the person wants to play as the Duke of Wellington, he must be very active.

Plus, I'm a newbie. I just joined as Napoleon. I don't have any older accounts with a different name.

Edited by EmperorNapoleonBonaparte

On 7/10/2017 at 11:17 AM, EmperorNapoleonBonaparte said:

Ok, and I need to find a friend who is willing to play as the Duke of Wellington. I've tried, but he quickly got bored of Second Life. If the person wants to play as the Duke of Wellington, he must be very active.

Plus, I'm a newbie. I just joined as Napoleon. I don't have any older accounts with a different name.

You might find it easier for someone who could play the Duke of Ellington with a side of Coltrane.

(Too soon, too early? It was there and I'm surprised no one picked it up.)

!!ellington.jpg

• Like 2

QUOTE:

Debates are natural and they shouldn't give people a headache. What they should give me is a solution and remove the ban. After that, then no more debates from me.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, mon cher Empereur,

If your "debates" at the places you were banned were conducted anything like your discourse in this thread, I can sympathize with the game staff who banned you.  You're giving ME a headache.  And really, from their viewpoint, banning and muting you is a much simpler solution; it infallibly produces the result "no more debates from you."

(I am not saying this to be snarky or to make you mad.  I am saying it to, hopefully, make you THINK.  You're being your own worst enemy.)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CharlieMack said:
On 7/10/2017 at 11:17 AM, EmperorNapoleonBonaparte said:

You might find it easier for someone who could play the Duke of Ellington with a side of Coltrane.

(Too soon, too early? It was there and I'm surprised no one picked it up.)

!!ellington.jpg

Interesting. I've never heard of him. I have no idea what a Coltrane is. I'm very picky with music and from the cover, I can tell it's jazz music. It's not my favorite type of music, but I hate jazz.

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Well, mon cher Empereur,

If your "debates" at the places you were banned were conducted anything like your discourse in this thread, I can sympathize with the game staff who banned you.  You're giving ME a headache.  And really, from their viewpoint, banning and muting you is a much simpler solution; it infallibly produces the result "no more debates from you."

(I am not saying this to be snarky or to make you mad.  I am saying it to, hopefully, make you THINK.  You're being your own worst enemy.)

Ok, I have not debated with anyone for days and I have proved that I no longer cause trouble unknowingly. Also, I appreciated you referring me as "ton cher Empereur." :)

Edited by EmperorNapoleonBonaparte

On 7/6/2017 at 1:44 PM, EmperorNapoleonBonaparte said:

Do avatar names become reusable once you delete the account with that certain name?

Nope.  Your account name and your UUID are permanent, one-user features.  You cannot change either one and nobody (including you) can ever create another account with the same name or UUID. 

On 7/6/2017 at 8:44 PM, EmperorNapoleonBonaparte said:

I'm still trying to find both Linden Realms and PaleoQuest. Can you send a link to both of them?

They are extremely easy to find with your Map view, but even easier to find if you simply go to Portal Park (also one click away with your Map view).  Portal Park is your gateway to all of Linden Lab's special regions and experiences.  Some of them (like Winter Wonderland, Halloween, and Isle Of View) are seasonal, so they are only open at certain times of the year.  Places like Linden Realms, PaleoQuest, Horizons, and Gaming Island are always open, though.  Just walk through the portal.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

They are extremely easy to find with your Map view, but even easier to find if you simply go to Portal Park (also one click away with your Map view).  Portal Park is your gateway to all of Linden Lab's special regions and experiences.  Some of them (like Winter Wonderland, Halloween, and Isle Of View) are seasonal, so they are only open at certain times of the year.  Places like Linden Realms, PaleoQuest, Horizons, and Gaming Island are always open, though.  Just walk through the portal.

Ok, I found them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2184 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.