How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

47 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

How beautifully elegant! I hope you are doing fashion pics? You've got a good eye for it, I think!

Thank you! :) I'm trying to get some practice in. I'm fairly new to photography, so I haven't quite perfected it. Especially when it comes to lighting and hitting the right angles, but I'm working on it.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Sapphire Blackwood said:

Back after a few months break from SL. New hair style courtesy of DOUX, otherwise the same old me, still causally hosting at the amazing White Pearl.

apartment.thumb.jpg.83abded666f5752d4864564adbae7c92.jpg

Welcome back!! I saw your note earlier, thank you! Hope you're back for good now. Still sorry about the griefers last fall, idiots all over. And nice hair!!!

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Destiny Marques said:

Thank you! :) I'm trying to get some practice in. I'm fairly new to photography, so I haven't quite perfected it. Especially when it comes to lighting and hitting the right angles, but I'm working on it.

Well, you don't look new! I especially like the really stark simplicity of the colour / monotone.

My favourite "fashion photographer" in SL is @Saveria Rossini -- she does colour blocking really well. She's also a sweetheart. I will occasionally just go back over her Flickr feed looking for inspiration (and quietly fuming in a jealous rage). This is my current favourite by her.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, you don't look new! I especially like the really stark simplicity of the colour / monotone.

My favourite "fashion photographer" in SL is @Saveria Rossini -- she does colour blocking really well. She's also a sweetheart. I will occasionally just go back over her Flickr feed looking for inspiration (and quietly fuming in a jealous rage). This is my current favourite by her.

Wow, I aspire to be on that level! Are her photos raw takes or does she use photoshop as well? I'm not good with PS so I don't use it.

[spoiler]Secret tidbit about me: I'm colorblind and legally blind.[/spoiler] (Select to reveal)

I tried to put a spoiler but it's not working.

Edited by Destiny Marques
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Destiny Marques said:

Wow, I aspire to be on that level! Are her photos raw takes or does she use photoshop as well? I'm not good with PS so I don't use it.

I'm pretty sure that she uses Photoshop or something similar for most of her pics. If you use the Black Dragon viewer for your photos, though, and get well-practiced with EEP and in-world projectors, it's often possible to get these kinds of effects without post-processing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'm pretty sure that she uses Photoshop or something similar for most of her pics. If you use the Black Dragon viewer for your photos, though, and get well-practiced with EEP and in-world projectors, it's often possible to get these kinds of effects without post-processing.

That's exactly what I've been doing. Takes forever to set up a shot, but in the end, I'll get the desired result (with any luck). I'll tackle PS once I get the hang of using Black Dragon.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, archangel969 said:

Well, someone said I was dressed okay but my face was kind of 'plastic.' Despite of that, it was a funny conversation :-). And I am not planning to change my face/skin this period. But... I finally found hair I can leave a hat on!

Snapshot_2081208212_005.png

I think your suit is sharp and your face is perfectly handsome as it is, but if you're looking for more hat-friendly hair options try Raven Bell (if you haven't already). They have a few short hairstyles made for specifically for fitting under hats.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, cariboustag said:

I think your suit is sharp and your face is perfectly handsome as it is, but if you're looking for more hat-friendly hair options try Raven Bell (if you haven't already). They have a few short hairstyles made for specifically for fitting under hats.

🙂 This one is from Sintiklia. I will check Raven Bell, thanks a lot!

Edited by archangel969
  • Thanks 1