How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

16 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Aah, I should google florals first. Smaller flower pattern, yes?

My best buy in SL besides the Maitreya body, must be the fatpack of Nishar leggings from Zaara. So many options. Look at the high waist, the 4th from left.

Zaara : Nishar leggings styles opts

I went to the Zaara mainstore and did an area search, in hope that they were for sale, but no. That's the kind of old clothes that should get a new life with BOM.

Send her a notecard!  I sent one awhile back about adding Reborn and tada!  She has now added Reborn.  I also went back and purchased more of her lingerie.  I'd love to see these leggings/socks back in stock, too.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

That pattern is lovely! I'm not sure if it counts as "floral" in a conventional sense, but who cares!! What a really beautiful dress, Marianne!!

And yes, of course the challenge is open to anyone!

Florals, people! 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . . GO!

Floral doesn't mean flowers? 

Fashion is not really my gift, so what is the difference in regards to clothing?

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Fashion is not really my gift, so what is the difference in regards to clothing?

Yeah, in theory of course, but in practice most floral prints seem, as Marianne notes above, to use smaller, repeating patterns of flowers. @JeromFranzic's jacket, above, is a good example. Mine sort of cheats too, because it's not very colourful, which florals usually are.

I actually have a reasonable number of garments in florals -- mostly summer dresses, but also a few sweaters and cardigans -- but I saw this dress on sale, noticed it used a floral design, and thought it was different enough to be a bit interesting. Maybe I'll do another pic tonight in something a bit more "usual."

In any case, I don't think we want to be nitpicky here. I have, for instance, a long cardigan with a fern print on it. I think it should count, as should Marianne's.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Floral.does.mean having to do with flowers AFAIK.  Floral design?  A design with flowers?  Are we missing something?

ETA...after seeing your answer above.  I love more bold florals myself.  One of my favorite floral tops ever...

Tcarnation.jpg.392e2b89567567396cd18753cec82f63.jpg

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 9

15 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Floral.does.mean having to do with flowers AFAIK.  Floral design?  A design with flowers?  Are we missing something?

ETA...after seeing your answer above.  I love more bold florals myself.  One of my favorite floral tops ever...

Tcarnation.jpg.392e2b89567567396cd18753cec82f63.jpg

That really is lovely.

I think larger, bolder designs like this and the one on Marianne's dress are much nicer than a repeating print.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Yes, to me, you are missing flower tattoos, specifically rose tattoos, my current obsession.  I photographed these in a pool and I think I avoided showing any naughty body parts.  I did my best.

Roses_001.jpg.1a26c83da232cb7cf4f677e150751b8f.jpg

Roses_003.jpg.ca7dbf2dd62f387ed6c01dcf62d8e227.jpg

• Like 15

My inventory expolded when Happy Weekend and The Saturday Sale started. I did not think, I teleported around and bought stuff. I haven't worn much of it. This is all Blueberry clothing. Today, I am doing my best to ignore Blueberry. I have enough jeans to wear the rest of my SLife.

I love Nederlandse Bergen since it allows to rez. I could never sit so well on the bench without a posestand.

Resting on a bench

Do you know of locations that allow to rez?

Edited by Marianne Little
typo
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

My inventory expolded when Happy Weekend and The Saturday Sale started. I did not think, I teleported around and bought stuff. I haven't worn much of it. This is all Blueberry clothing. Today, I am doing my best to ignore Blueberry. I have enough jeans to wear the rest of my SLife.

I love Nederlandse Bergen since it allows to rez. I could never sit so well on the bench without a posestand.

Resting on a bench

Do you have know of locations that allow to rez?

And a lovely floral top! Where's the hair/hair scarf from???

This is the kind of floral print I think I like best -- like your earlier shot, or the one @Rowan Amore showed.

Florals2Blank.thumb.png.b7ca4e9ec5d1ecaa3fec4a928f44ff76.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Do you have know of locations that allow to rez?

Oh yes, forgot to add . . . you can rez at Mother Road if you join the group (which I think is still free). It's mostly for vehicles, but I've used it to take pics there.

And Black Atoll, which is where I took this shot, and is owned by @Suki Blossom. I am pretty sure group membership gets you rez rights there, and it's a gorgeous natural sim.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

That pattern is lovely! I'm not sure if it counts as "floral" in a conventional sense, but who cares!! What a really beautiful dress, Marianne!!

And yes, of course the challenge is open to anyone!

Florals, people! 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . . GO!

Aye, aye captain.

floral_final.thumb.png.f93fee03410825c8f2fdf66569be0f06.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

And a lovely floral top! Where's the hair/hair scarf from???

This is the kind of floral print I think I like best -- like your earlier shot, or the one @Rowan Amore showed.

Florals2Blank.thumb.png.b7ca4e9ec5d1ecaa3fec4a928f44ff76.png

It's DOUX - Ryancita Hairstyle. When looking at the poster, it show only straight hair without the scarf. I believe the scarf is only in the deluxe option.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oh yes, forgot to add . . . you can rez at Mother Road if you join the group (which I think is still free). It's mostly for vehicles, but I've used it to take pics there.

And Black Atoll, which is where I took this shot, and is owned by @Suki Blossom. I am pretty sure group membership gets you rez rights there, and it's a gorgeous natural sim.

I have one or two open group slots. I can join free groups, and if it isn't very expensive, I can join and still leave. I do not bother with Premium any more, so it limits the number of groups.

I am really happy that COCO, Apple Fall and Nutmeg are free. 🥰

• Like 2

On 9/17/2023 at 2:55 PM, Marianne Little said:

Of course! I link from Flickr, so by clicking you get there and I try to write down what I wear. I am not so detailed as some, but I try ;) I reply here too.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DEMO-sixx-Bettylou-Suit-DEMO/22276845

(In case some already tried the Marketplace, search is ruined. Searching for sixx does not help, one has to search sixx bettylou.)

Thanks for that information.  I'll get one as soon as I get myself some more spending money.......

• Like 2