Show off your no-mesh avatar

ChinRey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2488 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 4/28/2017 at 4:17 PM, Ariel Vuissent said:

There's a reason even the decent freebie places even have mostly mesh now. I DID revisit the Freebie Galaxy I remember from the OLD old days, and let's just say it hasn't changed a bit, in a BAD way. 

I went there not too long ago with a friend. We had a great time looking around, playing dress up, messing around with the freebie gestures (I liked the Baywatch one LOL) and just admiring the witty-smart marketing lol. Yes, I am referring to how people named the products :D

Here's a blast from the past.  Mardi Gras at the cartel hangout, 2011.

5193i7188B75D4CBF99EB.jpg

That's me in the foreground dancing with my neko, Clover.  Trying to remember ... I think Tex Nasworthy sitting at the bar by the juke box, Argus dancing on the bar, Honeybear Lilihook is the tall woman dancing behind Clover, and I believe that is Maureen at the far left

• Like 7

I have only one mesh item, a black pencil skirt, and I'm not wearing it here...

590a3be65d4a6_NoMeshMaddy.thumb.jpg.49895b75633c8e8784cc54f0f25f7b4b.jpg

Hair is Dura, Boys&Girls #23
Shoes are Kittie's Lair, Nadia, in black. (Sculptie).
Pocket Watch is from the long gone Phoenix Rising.
Slacks are from the Blaze women's tuxedo.
Jacket is from Snowpaws.
Camisole is from Solange, part of the Mademoiselle outfit.
Eyes are Fashism "Sunrise" Light Silver
The shape, skin, makeup, glasses, earrings and Anne Francis mole were made by me.
The mole is actually a rotating sphere, textured with a nighttime image of Earth. When I'm in the mood, I can lick the world.

Total ARC is about 110K and that's mostly the hair. It's 255 prims and I'm not giving it up!

• Like 4

My SL time this month has to be devoted to building and scripting for a hunt, so no time for trying to get decent pics. Here's an old one though. Hair was free from a freebie place that was like a miniscule version of Free Dove, boxes on the walls from various creators. The dress is Montagne Noire. For the jewelry, I would guess Ecletica. Skin might be whatever Lumae was going by at that point. Heartsick was it?

590a4df73fb1b_3bitsyburlesquesunrise4alpharetouched.png.bb627851099f03ba2f32aabbafae44c4.png

• Like 4

8 hours ago, AmandaKeen said:

This was me -just prior- to going Mesh

Wow.  If the forum avatar is your mesh look you did a fantastic job getting the same look as system.  It's you with more detail (and minus the horrible shoulder injury).Both new and old are very confident and composed.  Truly beautiful.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Wow.  If the forum avatar is your mesh look you did a fantastic job getting the same look as system.  It's you with more detail (and minus the horrible shoulder injury).Both new and old are very confident and composed.  Truly beautiful.

Wow! Thank you so much! I keep flirting with the idea of going from my current Lelutka head to one with Bento, but I'm not moving until I can get a demo head to look closer to my current Stella head :-)

I haven't had a completely no-mesh avatar in almost four and a half years, there's always been mesh boots, mesh hair, mesh clothing, mesh eyes, and now a mesh body.

So, for this, I had to go and drag stuff out of old folders tucked away, see what I actually had that wasn't mesh, some advent calendar stuff here, a freebie hair there. It's not 'me' so I made a new shape for it, and since there was the post about the lack of pale skinned vampires elsewhere, I decided to add the vampire pale skin I bought recently.

Skin: Lumae Niska Varda

Hair: Black Maria Ruby

Hairbase Tattoo: Exxess

Eyes 'By Snow' Spring Green

Clothes: By Jamie Earst/Needful Pixel

Boots: Kcreations

Ballgag: Dari Haus

Shape & bald hair base: Me

No-Mesh Avatar.png

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, AmandaKeen said:

Well, I did it ! Bought a Catwa Bento head last night that (thus far) is tweaking close enough to my original face to make me happy. Not photo-ready yet, but making progress.

It was a Catwa Bento head that finally dragged Skell kicking and screaming out of full-on bitchface mode regarding mesh heads. Before that - despite demoing many different heads - I'd railed and complained about them for the longest time, especially since men (as always) had fewer options when it came to both heads and appliers to customise them. Once I had the opportunity to change the shape of my face as well as the skin on it, though, I finally made my peace with them.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

It was a Catwa Bento head that finally dragged Skell kicking and screaming out of full-on bitchface mode regarding mesh heads. Before that - despite demoing many different heads - I'd railed and complained about them for the longest time, especially since men (as always) had fewer options when it came to both heads and appliers to customise them. Once I had the opportunity to change the shape of my face as well as the skin on it, though, I finally made my peace with them.

Now when you adjust the heads,do you use a hud for that or do you have to use the sliders?

I really don't want to have to mess with my sliders..I'm kind of happy with my regular face..

I guess I could record it though and keep the numbers on a notecard..

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Now when you adjust the heads,do you use a hud for that or do you have to use the sliders?

I really don't want to have to mess with my sliders..I'm kind of happy with my regular face..

I guess I could record it though and keep the numbers on a notecard..

You use the normal sliders to adjust a Bento head. However, since many Bento heads will look odd if you put them on over your usual shape (all the ones I tried ended up with the eyes squinted shut, even when I adjusted my shape to have the eyes wide open) they'll include a shape that's created for the head, which you use as a starter to then edit into what works for you.

I suggest getting a lot of demos of Bento heads if you want to try them out, because each one starts with a different mesh, and - even if you use the same underlying starter shape - they'll all give different results, even with the same slider edits.

• Like 1

Checked while I was in world this evening (re the picture posted above). How could I forget that the hair is Pocket Mirrors? Dear dear dear dear me. :$ Haven't tracked down the skin yet. The bracelet looks very much like one from Eclectica called "Wright" (as in Frank Lloyd), but it's hard to be certain.

I was expecting the dress to get a high complexity ranking because it has flexis, several pieces and dozens of sculpted roses around the arms and neckline, but it was 33k. The hair is 11k. Jewelry is 60k. I would have been wearing Victorian ankle boots a friend made, those come in at 26k. Altogether ARC is 130k, not bad for a fancy outfit.

Thanks for inspiring a wee jaunt into some good memories. :)

Edited by Bitsy Buccaneer
  • Like 1

This was one of the first outfits I bought, I think, and was one of my favorites.  This was one of the ones I felt a little sad about not being able to wear when I switched to a mesh body, so I kept it (for nostalgia sake) when I was sorting out and getting rid of old system clothes a few weeks ago.  This is also pretty similar to how I dress in RL, once the weather gets warm. 

590eb6d64c754_20170505nomesh_001_3.thumb.png.d01386589011cd625356dc99da5bf5c2.png

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2488 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.