Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

29 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

And completely unrelated, I got my promotion at work finally!

CONGRATS !!!

30 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

However, I get to train myself because yesterday was the previous employee's last day. AND I have to continue to do my old job until they fill it.

Bummer

30 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

*slinks off to find more chocolate*

temp.jpg.1079da60bf636e4315ff2b7d6c242094.jpg

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

And completely unrelated, I got my promotion at work finally! However, I get to train myself because yesterday was the previous employee's last day. AND I have to continue to do my old job until they fill it.

*slinks off to find more chocolate*

Yayyyy!!  I will only add that I think you should get stacked paychecks for both jobs until they do fill the old position. 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I hear you on the Catwa. For my main ava, I use the Lelutka Simone 99.999% of the time.

I have many other mesh heads but, that one feels most like *me*.  The Catwa head I use has a slightly younger/youthful appearance which isn't something I normally project but it does come in handy at times.

I happen to like Genesis also, because their heads are slightly unusual in comparison but there aren't enough creators making appliers for them.

As I prepare to go to Europe in October for 2 wks, I'm kinda saving my pennies. But I do think I'll be head shopping again when possible. 

• Like 3

Okay, Threadies - before I go plopping down money, please confirm something:  My Maitreya Lara folder contains no system skins.  The HUD contains 10 Glam Affair applier skins.  I'm assuming that this means, in order to use one of those applier skin, I'll need to go to Glam Affair and buy a system skin in the same tone as whichever applier skin I prefer -- after I demo a gazillion.  Am I correct in this?  Side note - my current skin is very old and the maker is no longer in SL, so getting an applier to go with it is not an option.

I did find a blog post from a couple of years ago that gave the names of those skins tones.  Hopefully they have not changed because I can find nothing in my Maitreya folder, on any notecard, that tells me the skin tones - a major oversight, IMO.

One more thing - When shopping, how do I tell the difference between a full skin and just makeup - or do I actually get a full skin with those makeup options?

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

You're both beautiful. 

Maddy will have to fend for herself, but in situations like this I always fall back on W. C. Fields.

Cuthbert J. Twillie: Flower Belle, what a euphonious appellation. Easy on the ears and a banquet for the eyes.

Flower Belle Lee: You're kinda cute yourself.

Cuthbert J. Twillie: Thank you. I never argue with a lady.

Flower Belle Lee: Smart boy.

From "My Little Chickadee"; Mae West as Flower Belle Lee, W.C. Fields as Cuthbert J. Twillie.

You really do have to see the movie to appreciate the hilariously over-the-top emphasis used in those few lines. They do not, in fact, make 'em like that any more.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dillon Levenque said:

Maddy will have to fend for herself, but in situations like this I always fall back on W. C. Fields.

Cuthbert J. Twillie: Flower Belle, what a euphonious appellation. Easy on the ears and a banquet for the eyes.

Flower Belle Lee: You're kinda cute yourself.

Cuthbert J. Twillie: Thank you. I never argue with a lady.

Flower Belle Lee: Smart boy.

From "My Little Chickadee"; Mae West as Flower Belle Lee, W.C. Fields as Cuthbert J. Twillie.

You really do have to see the movie to appreciate the hilariously over-the-top emphasis used in those few lines. They do not, in fact, make 'em like that any more.

"Heya, Whhy dontcha come down and see me sometime."

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

Lil is the kind of friend who holds your hair after a long night at the club. :x

And I'm the one who is irritatingly un-hungover in the morning, but that means I'm also the one in a borrowed bathrobe with bird's-nest hair in the kitchen at 10am rustling up a greasy fried breakfast for everyone. Gotta soak up that remaining alcohol with something! ;)

fry-up.jpeg.e77591b54928afbced8aa33b98f7e499.jpeg

• Like 8

I'm beginning to wonder if "I'm incredibly clueless and I need people to spend hours explaining everything in great detail to me, over and over" is the new black when it comes to trolling. We've had a spate of them lately... ¬¬

I prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt, initially, because there are some people within SL for whom communication struggles are a very real thing. But there comes a point where "okay, clueless newb needs help" becomes "how in god's name do you even function in everyday life?".

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

I prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt, initially, because there are some people within SL for whom communication struggles are a very real thing.

Also different types of learners.Some people would do better if you could remote in to their PC and show them click by click how to do something. 

Skell, you are much more patient than I am.  I am a very poor helper because of my lack of patience.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Skell, you are much more patient than I am.  I am a very poor helper because of my lack of patience.

I have my moments of patience, but mostly I just don't do "dense" well.  Granted, I am far worse at dealing with it in my technical area with folks who *should* get quicker based on the required skillset for their job.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, AmandaKeen said:

/me tosses Captain Kirk onto the thread to keep it entertained...sort-of.....

".....come at me Lizard-boy..."

giphy.gif

Did you ever wonder if maybe we got it wrong and this was actually supposed to be a love-scene?

• Like 4