Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

17 minutes ago, HoneyBear Lilliehook said:

Slink has a page that does automatching on a great many skins. That should help you somewhat. https://slinkstyle.com/appliers_non-applier-matches/

ETA: Trust me, I do understand the frustration and sympathize!

Oh, I had forgotten all about that page -- side note, I should probably actually bookmark some of these links, duh.

Thanks so much !!!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HoneyBear Lilliehook said:

Seriously Lil, if I can help, let me know.

Thanks - I remember going through the matching process with my system skin when I first got the feet, so once I reread the instructions, it shouldn't be that hard.

• Like 1

I have been back at work for an hour and a half and already feel like I need a vacation.

It's still 4 weeks until the next US holiday. Oh, and 16 de Septrembe is coming up next month -- Mexico Independence Day.  But August is bereft of celebrations. 

Does anyone know of a holiday in August somewhere around the world?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I found this list for you to pick from - I eliminated anything prior to today:

7th August
  Republic Day: Ivory Coast.

9th August
  Independence Day: Georgia.
  National Day: Singapore.

10th August
  Independence Day: Ecuador.

11th August
  Heroes' Day: Zimbabwe.
  Independence Day: Chad.

12th August
  Queen's Birthday: Thailand.
  Armed Forces Day: Zimbabwe.

13th August
  Independence Day: Central African Republic, Congo.
  Women's Day: Tunisia.

14th August
  Independence Day: Pakistan.

15th August
  Independence Day: India.
  National Day: Liechtenstein.
  Republic Day: South Korea.

16th August
  Independence Day: Gabon, Indonesia.
  Republic Day: Dominican Republic.

20th August
  Istvan's Day - Celebrations marking the formation of Hungary.
  Lovers' Day: Taiwan.
  Independence Day: Senegal.

21st August
  Independence Day in The Baltics: Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania.

24th August
  Independence Day: Russia.
  National Day: Ukraine.
  National Flag Day: Kazakhstan, Liberia.

25th August
  Constitution Day: Paraguay.
  Independence Day: Uruguay.
  Independence Day: Belarus.

27th August
  Independence Day: Moldova.

29th August
  Independence Day: Uzbekistan.

30th August
  Children's Day: Afghanistan.
  Victory Day: Turkey.

31st August
  Independence Day: Kyrgyzstan, Trinidad & Tobago.
  National Day: Malaysia.

ETA - Since everything at work wants to break today, I'm with you on needing time off again, already.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Li'l gave you a list, but if that's not enough you can celebrate my 47th birthday, which happens this month. I don't celebrate it, but that doesn't mean the rest of the you can't. Just don't tell me about it.

• Like 6

Ugh. The hacked scammer accounts are out in force tonight. Catwa group got hit twice in the space of ten minutes, and three other groups I'm in got hit by the same person within seconds of each other. As much as I feel sorry for the people whose accounts are hacked to do this, they've only got themselves to blame for clicking that link and then actually logging into their SL account... on a website that's not even an SL one. More fool them for not taking a second to read and realise that Marketplace is NOT at cx dot altervista dot org ¬¬

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

Ugh. The hacked scammer accounts are out in force tonight. Catwa group got hit twice in the space of ten minutes, and three other groups I'm in got hit by the same person within seconds of each other. As much as I feel sorry for the people whose accounts are hacked to do this, they've only got themselves to blame for clicking that link and then actually logging into their SL account... on a website that's not even an SL one. More fool them for not taking a second to read and realise that Marketplace is NOT at cx dot altervista dot org ¬¬

There are so many warnings all over the internet about scammer methods and clicking links and opening attachments that I have little sympathy for folks anymore.  Even in SL, people are constantly warning others in groups and in stores and yet folks just keep falling for it.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There are so many warnings all over the internet about scammer methods and clicking links and opening attachments that I have little sympathy for folks anymore.  Even in SL, people are constantly warning others in groups and in stores and yet folks just keep falling for it.

4 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

Yeah it's been pretty bad the last couple of days. I've gotten to where I just block and move on.

Yep. Usually, half a dozen people immediately respond with "Don't click!" (group chat lag permitting) but every now and then I still see some numpty saying "OMG, you saved me! I was about to log in!" (and being quite serious about it). I've even seen a couple of people say things like "Oh, I logged in. Should I not have done that?" And all of this within about a minute of the scam links being posted. It's just boggling how, with so many warnings around, people are so impulsive and careless.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Yep. Usually, half a dozen people immediately respond with "Don't click!" (group chat lag permitting) but every now and then I still see some numpty saying "OMG, you saved me! I was about to log in!" (and being quite serious about it). I've even seen a couple of people say things like "Oh, I logged in. Should I not have done that?" And all of this within about a minute of the scam links being posted. It's just boggling how, with so many warnings around, people are so impulsive and careless.

A friend of mine, every bit as old as me, messaged me the other day and said "I can't believe, after 10 years, I was still stupid enough to click that link". Ummm...no comment?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

Yeah it's been pretty bad the last couple of days. I've gotten to where I just block and move on.

On a more amusing note, I was feeling out of place so I switched to my "Gacha Money" shape. =~.^=

5989280b9d334_gachamoney.thumb.jpg.9b5b999a1fa8376190c9e668d9300646.jpg

Why are so many people shopping in their underwear? I'm not sure I should be letting you go to these places alone any more ...

• Like 5

Speaking of sudden topic changes, while heating up lunch just now a guy tried to tease me about my left overs for lunch.  He said he never ate leftovers because it was as good as the first time.   He told me this while opening his frozen dinner box.  When I pulled my turkey burger with fire roasted pablanos and grilled asparagus out of the microwave I told me he needed to find better quality starters.

• Like 4