Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

1 hour ago, Rioko Bamaisin said:

Gah I'm starving.

*hands over a nice cuppa tea and a biscuit*

58f9f283a5f38_cupoftea.jpg.daad2627e294d052ff78b9befb330e98.jpg

Also,Skell stop being a hater.:D

No! I'm a meanie poopyhead, didn't you know that?

*swipes away tea and biccy from under Rioko's nose!* :P

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

*runs back into the thread*

SHOE ALERT, LADIES! :D

This post popped up on one of my feeds a while ago. 50 group gifts, including some killer heels and full oufits, for a group join fee of 49L. Get shoppin'!

*muttergrumbles* Why can I never find a good menswear store like this?

/me makes a quick trip inworld to grab some goodies

Thanks, Skell.   Ladies, on the floor in front of the group gifts is a teleport to more gifts and a discount room.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AmandaKeen said:

/me cries big sad tears. "I am trapped in RL while traveling to visit my son!  No new shoes for Amanda!"

/me attempts to crawl into SL via iPhone and gets looked at very curiously by airport security.

Make a note to check when you can get inworld next.  It didn't look like there was any sort of time limit on this.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rioko Bamaisin said:

I don't think I am a real woman. I have no desire to own three million pairs of shoes in RL or SL. :$ yeah there was my boot fetish ,but that was one pair of boots over a course of a lifetime. What is wrong with me?:|

The possibility exists that you have evolved beyond the need for props like shoes on order to cause fits of envy in all around you.

I spend too much on shoes... please tell me how you got there!

• Like 1

I don't think I am a real woman. I have no desire to own three million pairs of shoes in RL or SL. :$ yeah there was my boot fetish ,but that was one pair of boots over a course of a lifetime. What is wrong with me?:|

During my previous go-round in SL, I wasn't a shoe person -- MAYBE had a dozen pair total (heels, boots, flats, etc...) and I probably wore the same pair of black peep-toe heels 90% of the time.  I ditched most of those since they no longer work - something with the alpha crud - though I was able to keep a couple of pairs of boots.  However, just in the last few weeks I finally upgraded to some Slink mesh feet and have no clue if even those save boots will work. 

I've bought a few pair since being back, but only about couple dozen or so, plus a few pair that came with dresses that I bought.  So, for the most part, I'm still the clothes w.h.o.r.e that I always was and only a bit more of a shoes person.

I hope you ladies all know about a place called Felicity that has loads of gift shoes for group members. I think every shoe style has one color free to members, a demo and a group-gift draw combined.  

They are mostly stilettos. There are many for Slink feet but more than half are for "classic avatars"  (*sigh*), with included prim feet, skin color HUD, and an alpha. 

Or is Felicity so yesterday now?

Edited by Xerxes Kingstop
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Xerxes Kingstop said:

They are mostly stilettos. There are many for Slink feet but more than half are for "classic avatars"  (*sigh*), with included prim feet, skin color HUD, and an alpha. 

Or is Felicity so yesterday now?

When I first came back, since my old trusty favorite heels no longer worked, I picked up a few pair of the 'shoes w/ feet'.  It took me a bit of work to get the matching right, and some just flat would not.  Even after buying the Slink feet, I have worn some of those other shoes - mainly because the color and style was what I wanted at the time.

So, for me, if the shoes w/ feet are not very expensive and they look good and are not super high complexity and if I can get them to match good, then I'll still buy and wear them.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

Just a quick look at Felicity's MP store they seem a bit pricey, and nothing for Maitreya I can see. When I can find a store with great Maitreya shoes in the 99 to 150 range, those shoes at 375 don't have much appeal. Now back in the day when I had my system Avi, I was known to pay 400 for a good pair of shoes, so I would have been much more interested back then. The above however should not be taken to mean I now spend less money on shoes than I did before, because it is not true at all. I used to pay a lot for a great shoe and wear it all the time because they were hard to find. Now I have many more options and so I buy many more shoes, that might get worn once for 30 minutes then go into inventory and never get seen again. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Rioko Bamaisin said:

I'm not into shoes much at all in RL.

And while I like them better in world, I'm still pretty picky and tend to wear the same ones over and over. 

• Like 1

A long time ago when I first started working for this company, we spent one day per year talking about what we did last year and what we want to do next year.  We listed 3 to 5 accomplishments along with 1 or 2 things we would like to do better and set 3 or so solid objectives for the next year.  One page.  No more than a dozen lines.

Over the years my company has grown a lot.   After acquisitions, mergers and spin-offs we are now valued at almost 100 times the value of when I started. It has been an incredible journey to be a part of.  But with every step, the red tape gets more complex.  With more complexity, the fundamentals get lost and need to be re-focused on.

I just had my mid year review.  This is one of 4 total meetings I will have to discuss goals with my boss this year.  There are 3 programs with detailed information I have to keep updated all saying the same BS in different ways.  There is the big official performance contract with 5 objectives, each of which have at least 12 bullet points and none of them pertain to my job; they are just assigned objectives for everyone in corporate staff.  Next is the Leadership competencies where I have to pick 5 buzz words from a list and say how I did something this year that required my use and understanding of that Leadership Value™.  I am also expected to make up 2 of my own buzz words and say how they have helped me with a shared value experience (the thought of this bull sh** literally makes me nauseous).  Also there is my 5 year planner appended to what is in effect an 8 page resume' that I have to up date twice a year. 

Last year we had to add ... drum roll please ... a one page document listing 3 to 5 accomplishments along with 1 or 2 things we would like to do better and 3 or so solid objectives for the next year.  It seems the key points were getting lost in the clutter.  We now have to have a current photo attached to this list.  It also now has our performance rating for the past 5 years along with job titles, pay grades, mid point percents, and when those changes over the past 5 years automatically appended to it. 

If there is something that will make me retire early, this is it.  I am sick of the self-promoting dog and pony shows I am supposed to do.

Rant complete.
Carry on, Citizen, it's just white people problems.

• Like 2

Sounds a bit like my current employer, Rhonda. We were given log books divided into monthly sections, into each of which we had to write "what went well this month", "what didn't go well this month", and "what can I do better next month", all judged against some 12-step development matrix. *shudders*

Somehow, I don't think my boss wants to see twelve months of "survived another month of this BS" under that first category. So yeah, I'm currently job-hunting. I'd rather sit and push papers around for 8 hours a day than fill out another "development plan" like that.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

A long time ago when I first started working for this company, we spent one day per year talking about what we did last year and what we want to do next year.  We listed 3 to 5 accomplishments along with 1 or 2 things we would like to do better and set 3 or so solid objectives for the next year.  One page.  No more than a dozen lines.

Over the years my company has grown a lot.   After acquisitions, mergers and spin-offs we are now valued at almost 100 times the value of when I started. It has been an incredible journey to be a part of.  But with every step, the red tape gets more complex.  With more complexity, the fundamentals get lost and need to be re-focused on.

I just had my mid year review.  This is one of 4 total meetings I will have to discuss goals with my boss this year.  There are 3 programs with detailed information I have to keep updated all saying the same BS in different ways.  There is the big official performance contract with 5 objectives, each of which have at least 12 bullet points and none of them pertain to my job; they are just assigned objectives for everyone in corporate staff.  Next is the Leadership competencies where I have to pick 5 buzz words from a list and say how I did something this year that required my use and understanding of that Leadership Value™.  I am also expected to make up 2 of my own buzz words and say how they have helped me with a shared value experience (the thought of this bull sh** literally makes me nauseous).  Also there is my 5 year planner appended to what is in effect an 8 page resume' that I have to up date twice a year. 

Last year we had to add ... drum roll please ... a one page document listing 3 to 5 accomplishments along with 1 or 2 things we would like to do better and 3 or so solid objectives for the next year.  It seems the key points were getting lost in the clutter.  We now have to have a current photo attached to this list.  It also now has our performance rating for the past 5 years along with job titles, pay grades, mid point percents, and when those changes over the past 5 years automatically appended to it. 

If there is something that will make me retire early, this is it.  I am sick of the self-promoting dog and pony shows I am supposed to do.

Rant complete.
Carry on, Citizen, it's just white people problems.

Argh. I never had to do that. I DID have to do Performance Reviews including in-person interviews with all the people who reported to me (never more than 20, btw). It was such a complete waste of their, and my, time. For Christ's sake! I worked alongside these people every frickin' day. I didn't need to reflect on who was outstanding, sufficient, or below expectations (far as I was concerned NOBODY who reported to me made that last category; people in other departments? I had a few candidates). I already knew all that. Fortunately my boss (the Prez) was as observant as I was, so we'd just have a quick talk and he'd already know who would get the big raises and who would just get the raise. At least that part worked well.  I hated having to do the reviews, though. I cannot imagine having to deal with that pile of corporate manure you just described. I have always believed that if a manager doesn't know right this minute how good or bad everyone reporting to her or him is, that manager isn't doing their job.

Edited by Dillon Levenque
  • Like 1