Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

23 hours ago, AmandaKeen said:

Ok, I'll reveal a little of my inner perversity :-)

Poseballs or scripted furniture are an afterthought to me; it's what's going on in the text that's interesting.

Not EVERYONE can emote well, especially not the private stuff.

Its not really about what I see, but how I feel about it :-)

All of it happens in our brains. Poses help. It's nice to have fun visuals. But that can lead to focusing too much on all those little details, which can never be made perfect. I personally wouldn't ascribe this to inner perversity (I do not like the word pervert), but to the heart of a poet, the mind of an artist, the hands of someone who knows what's important.

• Like 5

Brings back memories. When I built my first house (of which I was of course oh so proud) I logged in to notice someone was having it off in my bedroom. I immediately went in there for a look. The guy had apparently had the presence of mind to TP out, the woman went out the window! Swear to God. I chased her (being too dumb to just cam, although I'd been taught that) and it turned out she was the (new) wife of my neighbor across the way. Dunno if he was the guy. I'd met him and his then wife, who was a complete sweetheart, when I first bought the property. Sometime in the years I was there he IM'd me: "It's you I want." Never happened, but it was interesting ;-).

Good times.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2017 at 6:56 PM, Xerxes Kingstop said:

Related: when someone builds a store but leaves banlines active on the parcel. Hows business this week? :/ Obviously these are usually small volume inexperienced sellers. 

Or they are people who are renting....and haven't paid their rent so the landlord takes matters into their own hands ;)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Dillon Levenque said:

Brings back memories. When I built my first house (of which I was of course oh so proud) I logged in to notice someone was having it off in my bedroom. I immediately went in there for a look. The guy had apparently had the presence of mind to TP out, the woman went out the window! Swear to God. I chased her (being too dumb to just cam, although I'd been taught that) and it turned out she was the (new) wife of my neighbor across the way. Dunno if he was the guy. I'd met him and his then wife, who was a complete sweetheart, when I first bought the property. Sometime in the years I was there he IM'd me: "It's you I want." Never happened, but it was interesting ;-).

Good times.

I was renting this house on the water, way to expensive for me but hey this is SL and you can splurge a little while here, paying week to week, so anyway I was standing on my deck, looking out over the water, there were islands with homes on them. One of the homes had a blimp on the roof, and i made me curious, so I flew over to it. The house was amazing, the guy had all these airplanes and tanks and things all over, It was like a museum. I am sitting there at his bar, in a tiny bikini, when he shows up and starts IMing me telling me this this is his house, I have to leave right now, I have no business being here. Now I have gone in a lot of houses, and I never got that kind of reaction. I TPed home, went back out on my deck and took a snapshot of myself looking at his house from my house, and sent it to him with the message that if he didn't want people popping in to look at his house maybe he should put a blimp on top of it. Suddenly he is much friendlier, telling me all about his blimp, how it actually flys and inviting me to come by some time in the future for a ride on it. It then dawned on me that when I was there in his house, scantily dressed, his partner was coming by to, and he didn't want to have to deal with her reaction to seeing me there. He was quite fine however with having me come by sometime she was gone. That meeting never happened though, soon after that I faced the reality of not making enough money to justify renting and 1000L a week house, and I moved. I never got back over for that blimp ride. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, HoneyBear Lilliehook said:

Or they are people who are renting....and haven't paid their rent so the landlord takes matters into their own hands ;)

Every time I failed to pay my store rent I found all my stuff returned to my inventory, one time I went to the store to pay the rent and found a whole new store set up, I guess the landlord had someone who wanted to move in so he kicked me out the second the rent became overdue.

7 hours ago, Xerxes Kingstop said:

Mesh? Your face seems to be a slightly different shape.  Maybe just the skin. You're still cute, of course, but an adjusted cute. 

Nope, though I did modify my shape a bit and get a new skin when I came back.  Maybe just the lighting on this pic or the way the hair makes the face look.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Coming back to work after many days off and trying to figure out the f***ed mess everything is in really sucks sometimes.

Do you ever wonder how some people can remember to breath without you there to tell them what to do?

"Rhonda!  Help!  We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas."

[ETA]
Yeah ... this just happened ...

User: I forgot my password.
Me: You'll need to call the help desk.  It happens a lot and only takes a moment to get back in.
User: What's the number to the help desk?
Me: 4357.  Just dial "HELP" from any company phone."
-- two minutes later --
User: What's the last 2 numbers?
Me: "Excuse me?"
User: HELP is 44335557 but' that's 2 numbers short?

Me: -- in my head -- Are you trying to be stupid?  You little millennial @#*&, you never even had to do that on your phone!

Am I getting old?  I have never been age prejudiced before ...

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Do you ever wonder how some people can remember to breath without you there to tell them what to do?

"Rhonda!  Help!  We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas."

And yet, no matter how much things get screwed up when I'm not here and they yell about how critical it is that it all get fixed right away, I cannot manage to convince them to train a backup for me.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

And yet, no matter how much things get screwed up when I'm not here and they yell about how critical it is that it all get fixed right away, I cannot manage to convince them to train a backup for me.

Oh god, I hear you on that one, Lil.

Me: "Don't forget I'm on vacation next week. Who's going to be covering my job while I'm away?"

Boss: "Oh, we'll muddle along somehow."

[ one week later ]

Me: *takes one look at desk, then opens filing cabinet wherein nestles a jumbled mess of hundreds of papers* "Yeah, you weren't kidding when you said 'muddle', were you?"

First day back = Always spent sorting out the mess that was 'muddled through' while I was away. I handed in my resignation yesterday with intense pleasure. End of the month I'm off to pastures new, thank god.

• Like 7

And now completely off topic (is there a topic anyway?)

I normally refer to them as customers.  Not users.  I do have a few special customers and I understand their needs.  I have been fascinated by tech in general and computers specifically since I was a little girl.  It is not only what I trained to do, it is my hobby as well.  My customers train, study and research their own fields and a computer is just a tool.  When we replace their screw diver for a wrench, they need to be shown how to use the new wrench.  Sergio is one of my special users.  He is an absolutely brilliant young man.  He also has a wonderful sense of humor and is easy on the eyes to boot.  I was the first person he met in IT and now I am the one he calls for everything.  Everything.  If a light in his office is burned out he calls me.  I am his point of contact for everything physical and I send him click by click instructions on who to call, what to fill out and how to do it. 

And then there are my users.  As in "what drugs are you using?!" 

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
"need to be showed"? Really? I R A hick much?
  • Like 5

33 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

*having to put in a new application to apply for a different position where I work because the system didn't save mine from 2 years ago*

*growls*

Look on the bright side.  Now you know what you can embellish and get away with :)
And don't forget to mention you are fluent in Spanish, French and German.

• Like 3

Yay Skell!

Hugs Lil and Rhonda.

And now a rant! Why would you create an outfit that consists of a top and bottom (sold as a package with Slink shoes [another rant entirely]) and not include the same sizes for both? With no demo (as far as I can tell from online)! If it's a template why do the sizes not match? If it's separate templates why not find ones that did match sizes?

Top - Maitreya, S, M, L, Slink (both)

Bottom - Freya, Venus, Ebody, Maitreya, FitmeshXS_XL, Tonic (both), Slink (both)

1 hour ago, Clover Jinx said:

And now a rant! Why would you create an outfit that consists of a top and bottom (sold as a package with Slink shoes [another rant entirely]) and not include the same sizes for both?

Menswear makers often pack sets with corresponding size markings - that don't cooperate.  Wear the medium shirt with the medium pants? Wrong. 

Mesh menswear has almost advanced to the point where nearly half of it isn't crap anymore. 

Almost. 

Edited by Xerxes Kingstop
  • Like 3