Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

I almost wish my inventory would delete itself so I don't have to...:| I've been thinking about deleting everything and starting fresh since it's not like I'd miss a damn thing after barely logging in or changing clothes for five years,but I start and keep stopping myself thinking "what if I need this.". I am a SL hoarder and need an intervention.:$

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Rioko Bamaisin said:

I almost wish my inventory would delete itself so I don't have to...:| I've been thinking about deleting everything and starting fresh since it's not like I'd miss a damn thing after barely logging in or changing clothes for five years,but I start and keep stopping myself thinking "what if I need this.". I am a SL hoarder and need an intervention.:$

I have boxes filled with that kind of stuff. If I ever think about it again, it's still there. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rioko Bamaisin said:

I'm slowly making myself delete stuff.  I force myself to try it on and admit that it looks like crap these days or it is some dress with a Complexity value of 200,000 or more. 

I did save the one with a CI over 2 million.  I'm going to pair it with the hair that I found that has a CI around 500,000 and then go find a pretty place for a picture.

• Like 4

I have a ton of stuff that only fits my classic avi I never use anymore. Any time i try to find something I have to sort through all that crap, but yet I never get around to throwing it out.

I tried to get dressed last night for the throwback party, dug deep into my matryoshka-like storage and found that the Loco Pocos don't work anymore because of invisiprims. =x.x= Didn't have time to see if an alpha would work or not, but I'm guess not since the pieces may not go together right.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rioko Bamaisin said:

I've ruthlessly (see what I did there?) tossed close to 100% of really old stuff.  I kept a very few pieces so that if I ever need to "recreate" what I looked like back when, I'm able to do so. Like last night actually. There was an SL14B event "Come as You Were".  Unfortunately I kept crashing for some reason but, I digress.

I have a rather lean inventory compared to many others who've been around as long as most of us here on this thread.  Less than 40,000, I think it's like 38K.  I am in a constant state of sending things to the trash bin.  Sometimes I'll find an object I loved, rezz it out and see it's like 40 prims and that's the end of that. 

Old clothing looks particularly awful, same with skins and other body parts. Just not worth clogging my inventory up with stuff I wouldn't even wish on a noob.

• Like 4

So I logged in and managed to delete everything in my lost and found folder anyway. Started to box it up and decided that if it was lost for that long I don't need it.¬¬ Then proceeded to go through other folders and started having a case of nostalgia and couldn't delete anymore.9_9 I need to be on an episode of Hoarders,SL version.

• Like 6

My inventory stands at 39.499 - not including the stuff on my lands. :P

Glad all is AOK, Skell!

Back in my early days, I remember SL vets talking about storing things in boxes on their land.  But then there was one time where many, many people lost those boxes.  Early 2008.  I stopped hearing people talk about boxes as a storage option.  Good to know folks are still doing it!

• Like 3

Oh and by the way ...in Bay City, it's time for the weekly Rumble. This week, we're having a Hot Air Balloon Rally.  Starting ooint: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bay City - Truro/127/225/25.

I got a balloon on the marketplace for 10L.  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Hot-Air-Balloon-copy-mod-no-transfer/11933668.

These rumbles are fun! 

7 PM SLT tonight (Thursday)

• Like 1