Maureen Boccaccio

Just Ignore and let this one die

There is no privacy in SL, or, very little.  Learned that a few months in.

I could care less who walks into my home. Enjoy yourself on any piece of adult furniture that calls out to you :P

• Like 3

I've had intruders at private moments, so I can understand why one would use banlines when at home.   From there it is a short step to empathizing with someone who simply leaves them on, although I agree it seems silly in ways.   I'm not fond of the idea of someone else usurping my animations. In that aspect the practical recognition that even if someone had a romp in the bed they're not going to leave stains is superceded by the emotional immersion factor.  In addition the personal property issue matters to me.   I don't like anyone telling me what to do on my land so I tend to treat others as I wish to be treated in the "live and let live" category. None of this causes me real stress, and most of it increases my empathy for people who don't think the same way I do and choose to have banlines.

So in general I'm more forgiving of banliners than many forumites although I find banlines to be downright antisocial when the parcel adjoins the highway.  One can keep intruders out of the bedroom without booting any unfortunate driver who has had an inescapable vehicle hiccup.  

A "stay out" attitude is fair.  A "come buy my stuff" attitude is also fair, but my point is that to invite potential customers then not let 'em in is just freakin' dumb.   

Edited by Xerxes Kingstop
  • Like 4

I use a security system, mainly because I just always thought ban lines were ugly.  The system won't stop someone from possibly dropping in at an inappropriate moment, but it will keep them from hanging around.  And I love the ability to set the parcel so that those outside it cannot see people inside it.

• Like 1

I suppose one reason I do not see value in them is that whole thing about strangers dropping in on inappropriate moments. I tend to have those moments in public places to start with. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Xerxes Kingstop said:

"Appropriate" is defined on a personal level. :)

True, though I think we all know the specific activities we are talking about when we talk about inappropriate moments.

I use to have a bunch of furnished skyboxes/land I use to rent out long ago.I can't even begin to tell you how many times I caught people on the poseballs:p AT the time it was annoying as hell,but now I think it is hilarious..

• Like 2

Ok, I'll reveal a little of my inner perversity :-)

Poseballs or scripted furniture are an afterthought to me; it's what's going on in the text that's interesting.

Not EVERYONE can emote well, especially not the private stuff.

Its not really about what I see, but how I feel about it :-)

Edited by AmandaKeen
Spelling
  • Like 7

Made a fool of myself in public today. Wanna hear the story? 

Of course you do. 

Went to Panda Express - yum! Got a fountain drink as usual. I don't use a lid or a straw in the dining room, I prefer to sip from the cup. 

This policy is currently under review. 

I had just touched my lips to the liquid in the cup when i was accosted by an attack-speed, unpredictable, unstoppable sneeze.  The geyser was spectacular. 

Lifewater Yumberry Pomegranate is delicious but up the nose, on the eyeglasses, and all about the head & shoulders are sub-optimal routes of ingestion. It doesn't compliment teriyaki chicken on the plate, either.

The ingestion of liquid nasally precipitated a coughing & sneezing concert worthy of Carnegie.   Most of the other diners were polite enough to pretend not to notice except of course the smartphone zombies,  who aren't really like conscious persons anyway. They didn't have to pretend, their wholesale apathy was sincere.  I'm pretty sure I saw the wet shape of a staff member with one hand on the phone and another hand on the AED. 

Thanks you for listening, whoever you are out there. I can't see you very well. 

big splash.jpg

Edited by Xerxes Kingstop
  • Like 6

So I am on my way home from my son's Basic Training graduation and I stop at a McDoofers in a small Arkansas town. Not my idea, but my co-pilot craves Chicken SickNuggets.

This was NOT a good McDoofers and the whole experience was a hysterical catastrophe, from the profanity used by the order-taker to the frozen chicken SickNugget on the tray she got - but she had to hustle me out of the place when my "hysterical laughter" was triggered by the cashier...

She made two separate "yowels" for help that were innocent separately, but back to back they (and everything up to that point) had me short of breath due to laughter.

Yowel #1:

(Comment on some hot grease that was smelling up the place)

"Damn! It stinks in here "

Yowel #2: (about 3 seconds later)

(Evidently it was shift change and she wanted to leave and needed her cash drawers swapped)

"Somebody get up here and change my drawers"

I'm from the Southern USA, "drawers" usually mean undies....

30 miles later, I have recovered from my hysterical laughter .....

giphy.gif

Edited by AmandaKeen
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Xerxes Kingstop said:

Apparently it has been an entertaining day in the fast food industry. 

It was timely comic relief; I really miss my son.

Edited by AmandaKeen
  • Like 1

Howdie Threadies.  I came home to a bit over 200 emails, but only a few notifications from the forums.  Guess that sums up which I considered to be more important for keeping up on while I was out of town.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Howdie Threadies.  I came home to a bit over 200 emails, but only a few notifications from the forums.  Guess that sums up which I considered to be more important for keeping up on while I was out of town.

Good to see your priorities are straight.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Rioko Bamaisin said:

I use to have a bunch of furnished skyboxes/land I use to rent out long ago.I can't even begin to tell you how many times I caught people on the poseballs:p AT the time it was annoying as hell,but now I think it is hilarious..

When this happens, I stand next to the contestants and critique their performances.  Or I mock them.  If they have wittier comebacks than I do, I shoot them with homing-missile bullets that follow them and attack them as long as they're in the sim.  Then I ban them and make myself a hot fudge sundae.

For some reason, there have not been any poseball thieves in Masocado for a very long time.

• Like 7

I keep the furniture set to group for the most part.  About a year ago I logged in to find a nude man kneeling in front of my throne.  He left as soon as he saw me and I didn't get to have fun at all. 

That's about all of the intruder stories I can think of.    Well there was a guy harassing Clover while she was there alone once but we banned him and that was that.

• Like 1

I once popped in to the place I was renting to find a couple going at it in my bed, That didn't bother me, what bothered me was that they ignored me when i tried to talk to them. 

• Like 2