Maureen Boccaccio

Just Ignore and let this one die

Here's a question for you. I was just looking at my latest fashion shots and realised that - once again - Skell's got a cigarette in his hand. Now, personally? I don't smoke. I'm asthmatic, and cigarette smoke is a major trigger for my asthma. But Skell... is a smoker. Go figure o.O

It's probably not escaped anyone's notice that I often refer to Skell (the avatar) in the third person, as if he's a mate of mine that I happen to hang out with sometimes. That's because, as well as being ME in Second Life, he feels like his own person, which is probably a combination of the fact that I love to write and to create characters, and I've also 'known him' for ten years. And, clearly, he has his own traits and quirks that I don't share with him.

So, the question: Does your avatar have any traits or quirks - such as a habit - that you don't share with them? I don't mean things like drop-kicking your friends off a 1000m platform or anything like that. Rather I mean things like my example of smoking, etc.

• Like 6

Lets see the tattoos, the piercings, the provocative wardrobe, she drinks more than I do, and she is a stripper. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

So, the question: Does your avatar have any traits or quirks - such as a habit - that you don't share with them? I don't mean things like drop-kicking your friends off a 1000m platform or anything like that. Rather I mean things like my example of smoking, etc.

Wow, what a FUN question........ Amanda is not my original avatar; I started SL in 2005 - so my various shenanigans cover a bit of time :-)

I've been a stripper in SL (not in RL except for my ill-advised wedding night) at the notorious Barbie Club
giphy.gif

I'm more romantically assertive here than in RL

giphy.gif

In SL, no closet can hold me.... in RL - everyone thinks I'm "very quiet"
giphy.gif

In RL, I have one of those jobs where I have to "represent" the company 100% of the time - so I have to watch what I say.  In SL - not so much....
giphy.gif

In RL I "coach" people and use respectful language in the workplace.  In SL, I kind of have no filter...
giphy.gif

...lastly, in SL I'm a bit bigger......
giphy.gif

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Talligurl said:

Well we ladies can have this issue even if they do cooperate, because our own tops and bottoms might not match the same way as the clothing. I typically have to wear a top that is a size larger than the bottom. 

Just like RL

• Like 4

In SL, Lil is mostly me.  However, in RL I absolutely detest shopping and own only the basics in clothing, shoes, and jewelry - and I almost never wear the jewelry in RL. I don't even have the desire to have tons of that stuff in RL. I would change my hair in RL every day if I could - and if it didn't take forever to do any given style.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Yes!  You are part of the family now.

That means it's you turn to do the dishes.

WE ACCEPT YOU! ONE OF US!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Does your avatar have any traits or quirks - such as a habit - that you don't share with them?

In SL I have several hundred pairs of shoes and that is after purging everything pre-mesh.  In first life I only have 92.  That includes boots, house shoes, flip-flops and everything.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Does your avatar have any traits or quirks - such as a habit - that you don't share with them?

I actually like this question. Iva is more adventurous than I am, going to places of such content and character that I would fear who I might meet in such a real place. She will often wear heels, which is something I rarely do. For the first few years, Iva was almost always shoeless, running around, bailando descalzo. I just didn't really care about SL shoes. But OMG how they have improved! Iva will often go braless, whereas I don't, excepting when at the end of the day I can finally take mine off with relief. I don't wear much makeup, maybe some eye shadow and a tinted lip balm, but Iva can have makeup on and will last for weeks on end, her lips red as a cherry no matter how much tea or coffee she drinks, no matter how toast she munches.

The answer to this question also varies according to what avatar I'm using, or rather, what mode I am in. Iva is sometimes a demoness avatar who smokes black cigarettes. I smoked for a couple of years once, long ago. But it isn't part of who I am anymore. I've remarked elsewhere around here how I've overcome a fair bit of shyness and introversion in SL. As a mermaid, swimming through the SL seas, Iva the sparkling green scaled mermaid is very shy, swimming away from many land dwellers and/or sailors.

I feel exactly what you mean though. Iva is me, in many respects. But over the years it has become clear to me that she is her own person. Someone who is very close to me. I know her. She knows me. She is my friend above all others.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AmandaKeen said:

Wow, what a FUN question........ Amanda is not my original avatar; I started SL in 2005 - so my various shenanigans cover a bit of time :-)

I've been a stripper in SL (not in RL except for my ill-advised wedding night) at the notorious Barbie Club
giphy.gif

I'm more romantically assertive here than in RL

giphy.gif

In SL, no closet can hold me.... in RL - everyone thinks I'm "very quiet"
giphy.gif

In RL, I have one of those jobs where I have to "represent" the company 100% of the time - so I have to watch what I say.  In SL - not so much....
giphy.gif

In RL I "coach" people and use respectful language in the workplace.  In SL, I kind of have no filter...
giphy.gif

...lastly, in SL I'm a bit bigger......
giphy.gif

Good to know.

• Like 1

On the topic of privacy/home invasion/clicking things that don't belong to you : 

Years ago on a relatively pastoral region on Nautilus continent my neighbors to the North had quite the pixel mansion. I used to cam into their sumptuous modern kitchen and do my best to make sure that every drawer, lid, and appliance door was always standing open to greet them when they logged in.  One warm sunny day 3 or 4 of the Hangout Ladies came to pay a call - Lil, Rioko ... and I think Claire and Brann, not sure.  As I recall Rioko spent most of her time standing on my upper deck enjoying the neighbor's kitchen in exactly the same way I did. 

Sometimes it is the little things that make SLife worth SLivin'. 

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Does your avatar have any traits or quirks - such as a habit - that you don't share with them? I don't mean things like drop-kicking your friends off a 1000m platform or anything like that. Rather I mean things like my example of smoking, etc.

Xerc the avatar tries to dress tastefully, attractively, and appropriately whatever the occasion. Xerc the meatstack goes to the store in gym shorts and a tee with a cartoon on it. 

As others have mentioned - I'm a bit more 'romantically assertive' in SL.  Of course I have much bigger pockets in SL - it isn't quite so easy to rez a gymnastics horse or some such in Safeway. 

I dig what you said about the avatar being you, and also himself independently of you.  I'm a bit of an author as well.  Each SL character begins as my creation but then becomes family, confidant, friend, betrayer, and mirror. 

Edited by Xerxes Kingstop
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

In SL I have several hundred pairs of shoes and that is after purging everything pre-mesh.  In first life I only have 92.  That includes boots, house shoes, flip-flops and everything.

Impressive number for RL even   :)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It's my hoarder instinct. I'm ... over 50 ... and I know I will never wear the 3" heel Victorian ankle boots again but they are pretty and they were a gift just out of the blue from my husband.  They all have a story and it's my one girly obsession so I don't feel too bad about it.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Xerxes Kingstop said:

On the topic of privacy/home invasion/clicking things that don't belong to you : 

Years ago on a relatively pastoral region on Nautilus continent my neighbors to the North had quite the pixel mansion. I used to cam into their sumptuous modern kitchen and do my best to make sure that every drawer, lid, and appliance door was always standing open to greet them when they logged in.  One warm sunny day 3 or 4 of the Hangout Ladies came to pay a call - Lil, Rioko ... and I think Claire and Brann, not sure.  As I recall Rioko spent most of her time standing on my upper deck enjoying the neighbor's kitchen in exactly the same way I did. 

Sometimes it is the little things that make SLife worth SLivin'. 

I think I actually kind of remember this one! :D  ( I was telling Xerx that I have the worst memory these days and he was telling me about stuff I could not remember for the life of me from way back when.) Getting old sucks.:(

• Like 5

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That is very impressive .Honestly, I think I own two pairs each of boots,sandals, high heels, flats and one pair of sneakers at the moment. Of course they are all black/brown so they go with everything cause even in RL I seem to only wear dark clothes..-.- But yeah I am a horrible excuse for a woman when it comes to shoes.:$

Edited by Rioko Bamaisin
Because grammar is hard
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

It's my hoarder instinct. I'm ... over 50 ... and I know I will never wear the 3" heel Victorian ankle boots again but they are pretty and they were a gift just out of the blue from my husband.  They all have a story and it's my one girly obsession so I don't feel too bad about it.

I have a pair of 2.5" Victorian ankle boots - wore them for my last wedding (2nd marriage).  I did finally donate the wedding dress since my daughter didn't want it, but can't seem to make myself part with the boots yet.

• Like 4

I checked our horoscope ...

Taurus:
Life sucks as Uranus is stuck in the fifth-house of financial calamity.  Chance of ethanol toxicity is high. 

• Like 4

So I logged on today to find a new outfit in my received folder, this outfit, but I never bought it, and there isn't anything about it in my transaction list? And the hair is a demo but the demo sign has disappeared. 

7.6_004.png

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

So I logged on today to find a new outfit in my received folder, this outfit, but I never bought it, and there isn't anything about it in my transaction list? And the hair is a demo but the demo sign has disappeared. 

7.6_004.png

Yay magically appearing random anonymous gifts!

• Like 3

Something good today finally!

Ember Adored has offered you 'Welcome to the [SL] Blogger Support Group (7-5-2017)' in Second Life. Log in to accept or decline the offer.

*snoopydance*

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

Something good today finally!

Ember Adored has offered you 'Welcome to the [SL] Blogger Support Group (7-5-2017)' in Second Life. Log in to accept or decline the offer.

*snoopydance*

Yay!  Congrats!

• Like 1