Maureen Boccaccio

Just Ignore and let this one die

3 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:
42 minutes ago, Maureen Boccaccio said:

@Ghosty Kips - isn’t there a party tonight, or is it tomorrow? 

It was postponed a week  because of cuteness overload.

That's better.  Highly unlikely I'd be able to attend tonight and definitely not tomorrow night.  Next weekend is looking pretty open though.

2 hours ago, Maureen Boccaccio said:

@Ghosty Kips - isn’t there a party tonight, or is it tomorrow? 

As Rhonda said, the new kitten is eating all the time I'd be using to prepare. Hell, I haven't even logged on for more than messages lately. I am working on a set, so maybe something for next week. And what are we doing for Halloween?

2 hours ago, Ghosty Kips said:

As Rhonda said, the new kitten is eating all the time I'd be using to prepare. Hell, I haven't even logged on for more than messages lately. I am working on a set, so maybe something for next week. And what are we doing for Halloween?

A terribly frightening party of course.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 10:11 PM, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

A terribly frightening party of course.

G and I were in Home Depot yesterday - wow they REALLY kicked up their game with the yard decor.

I can't even begin to describe the crazy HUGE items they had best of which was a pirate ship, complete with drunken skeletons, animated of course. We have a second floor front balcony to our home, and really thought it would fit on it - though I had my reservations, let alone the price was $350 /gulps so we did NOT buy it.

There were a lot of other great stuff, a witch sitting in a rocking chair that cackled at passer--bys, skeleton cats and dogs, a group of witches stirring a cauldron, etc. All animated and lit up. Fantastic. I have a feeling we may be going back and getting something. We have a couple of smaller things (a frightening medusa head we always leave near the front door) and somewhere there are some headstones.

Our house just cries for being done up right - it's a stucco Craftsman that's nearly 100 ears old and a bit forbidding in appearance . On the other hand - we are a tad lazy so we'll see 😋

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

On the other hand - we are a tad lazy so we'll see

My daughter is living with us again and she is a Halloween nut.  It's her favorite holiday.  So I get to be lazy and let her go wild :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

And in other news ...

When creating a new SL account I know people say all the names are taken.  I thought of a funny name and just checked in world to see if someone had it.

MistyMeaner is not taken yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I tried using place names for my latest alt, and it did not take much searching to find that CheyenneSvalbard was allowable.  But I like MistyMeaner even better!  Wonder if MajorFelony is available?  Or CrymeOdieCentury?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

G and I were in Home Depot yesterday - wow they REALLY kicked up their game with the yard decor.

I can't even begin to describe the crazy HUGE items they had best of which was a pirate ship, complete with drunken skeletons, animated of course. We have a second floor front balcony to our home, and really thought it would fit on it - though I had my reservations, let alone the price was $350 /gulps so we did NOT buy it.

There were a lot of other great stuff, a witch sitting in a rocking chair that cackled at passer--bys, skeleton cats and dogs, a group of witches stirring a cauldron, etc. All animated and lit up. Fantastic. I have a feeling we may be going back and getting something. We have a couple of smaller things (a frightening medusa head we always leave near the front door) and somewhere there are some headstones.

Our house just cries for being done up right - it's a stucco Craftsman that's nearly 100 ears old and a bit forbidding in appearance . On the other hand - we are a tad lazy so we'll see 😋

There's a lot of neat stuff out there. Every year worry about that line which, if crossed, begins to frighten the little ones a bit too much. There were Halloweens past where I sometimes felt a little disappointed when my kids were too scared to approach a particular house. But I did my best to avoid feelings of reproach. Everybody has their own way of celebrating the holiday, and I still enjoy it.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

There's a lot of neat stuff out there. Every year worry about that line which, if crossed, begins to frighten the little ones a bit too much. There were Halloweens past where I sometimes felt a little disappointed when my kids were too scared to approach a particular house. But I did my best to avoid feelings of reproach. Everybody has their own way of celebrating the holiday, and I still enjoy it.

I don't get many (sometimes any) trick-or-treaters, so my decorating is fairly sparse. I do put spooky eyes in the trees. Since the advent of efficient LEDs, I've found versions that seem never to need replacement batteries.

My favorite fall decoration is to fill my foyer with leaves. I usually sprinkle a grocery bag full of them around the edges of the floor, but I have also dragged them in on tarps, filling the foyer a foot deep. Kids are astonished to see me wading through the leaves to answer the door.

• Like 3

On another topic, I'm a huge fan of newspaper typos. My local paper recently reported on two girls in our county that got perfect SAT scores...

"The parents of 'name redacted' were so happy they held a party to spread their excrement."

• Haha 4

36 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I tried using place names for my latest alt, and it did not take much searching to find that CheyenneSvalbard was allowable.  But I like MistyMeaner even better!  Wonder if MajorFelony is available?  Or CrymeOdieCentury?

If the return of last names dream ever comes true. I wonder if we'll be able to change the first name at the same time.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

On another topic, I'm a huge fan of newspaper typos. My local paper recently reported on two girls in our county that got perfect SAT scores...

"The parents of 'name redacted' were so happy they held a party to spread their excrement."

Autocorrupt: Making the world a more interesting place since the nineties.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

Autocorrupt: Making the world a more interesting place since the nineties.

This may be the end times for autocorrect amusement. The AI generated stories I've seen are actually pretty good and I expect AI copy-editors will catch things like this. Though I dream of even more sophisticated silliness, I don't think it'll happen. Enjoy it while you can.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters

Yes.  Pretty soon our AI-enabled devices will make it impossible for us to say anything politically incorrect.

And thus, the death of meaningful discussion will be assured.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

If the return of last names dream ever comes true. I wonder if we'll be able to change the first name at the same time.

From what we have been told, you'll pick a last name from the list and then provide any first name you want, as long as the resulting combo is unique. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

From what we have been told, you'll pick a last name from the list and then provide any first name you want, as long as the resulting combo is unique. 

Do we have any update on when the feature might roll out?

3 minutes ago, Sheva Xaris said:

Do we have any update on when the feature might roll out?

No.  It turned out to be much more complicated than they anticipated.  My guess is that we are still many months away from seeing it.

It is with some sadness that I abandon my Tahoe home.

image.thumb.png.d8c6e095432c6046ef28600e31c67f0d.png

And I have to tell you that I (well, my alt) actually ended up in a traditional Winchester home today.  That's the view from my front door.  Maybe I can stay another 9 years :)

Home_final_001.png

Edited by HoneyBear Lilliehook
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, HoneyBear Lilliehook said:

I have to say that some of the new sim names amuse me. 

The 70s were a great decade. ✌️

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Gregorian Chant said:

I was shopping for a new rug for my living room.

There's this one rug that clocks in at 9 LI and another at 17 LI. For rugs?  GTFO

I play GTFO all the time, but never got a cargo of rugs. Oh, and for anyone who has played Get The Freight Out for a long time, make sure to grab n updated HUD.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Does it look 17 times better than a prim with a texture and bump map?
Sometimes mesh is not the answer.

Well sure, they do look nice with their modern textures compared to my old sculpty rugs.  I just feel they're not worth eating into my parcel's allotment.  I have functional furniture that are 1 LI each, with my piano being one example. I guess I'm just spoiled by the low prim stuff; anything higher than 6LI is too high.

• Like 1

Before I left work this afternoon, a co-worker and I were chatting. She had been listening to hearings on NPR and was expressing to me how she appreciated the way well spoken people can make themselves clearly understood using short sentences, words everyone can understand, and without a lot of 'ummms' and 'ahhhs'. Then we shared words that we each liked.

"Eloquence." she said.

"Apperception." I said.

"Epiphany." she said.

"Dichotomy." I said.

"Serendipitous." she said.

"Perspicuity." I said.

"Oooohh, I like that one." she said "What does it mean?"

I thought for a bit, drawing a blank. Laughing, I said "I can't remember the definition."

Later, when I had parked at the grocery store, I looked that one up. Upon relearning the definition, I realized the irony of the moment.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1