Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

Ugh, what was supposed to be a somewhat simple implementation today has turned into a mess.  The database had stuck jobs when I logged in this morning and ultimately crapped itself, thus is now in recovery mode.  The recovery is expected to be a 4-5 hour process, which means I won't be able to finish the other tasks associated with this for at least another 2-3 hours.

*crossing my fingers that it still all manages to get done by early evening.

• Sad 3

Just now, Rhonda Huntress said:

This is my last working Friday!

It's soooo close now.

9003%20better%20multitasking%20massive%2

It is finally hitting my boss that I won't be here much longer.  He is panicking about things that are already taken care of.

I wonder if they will beg you to be a “consultant”.

8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I wonder if they will beg you to be a “consultant”.

I have been asked if I was going to come back as a contractor.  I few people have told me I would be back. I am not retiring because I'm through with working; I'm quitting because of my boss.  And I have told a few that I would not even consider it as long as here is still there.

I will work more after a short break, but it won't be here. 

• Like 2

Just now, Rhonda Huntress said:

I have been asked if I was going to come back as a contractor.  I few people have told me I would be back. I am not retiring because I'm through with working; I'm quitting because of my boss.  And I have told a few that I would not even consider it as long as here is still there.

I will work more after a short break, but it won't be here. 

And here, thought you were retiring early!

3 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

If no one on my Skype for Business contact list is online, that means I can go home, right?

sure... put your status on "well I tried but you lazy bums are not online so I can´t do stuff...have a nice weekend!" You know me well enough to read between the lines for the words I meant to write but avoid them because filters and bla... ;) 

I mean what can they do now?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

If no one on my Skype for Business contact list is online, that means I can go home, right?

For a last working Friday,  seems like it would be close enough to the end of the work day :)

and if you've already moved for clock ahead as well... 

I posted a pic on Flickr today and I was checking the "Likes".  I checked the profile of one, that was unfamiliar to me.  It was some dude that has only posted RL pics, including one of his "member".  lol   Why would you post a pic of that on Flickr?  just why?  ahahahahah

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Catrie said:

I posted a pic on Flickr today and I was checking the "Likes".  I checked the profile of one, that was unfamiliar to me.  It was some dude that has only posted RL pics, including one of his "member".  lol   Why would you post a pic of that on Flickr?  just why?  ahahahahah

Oh, there are actually a few people that do that kind of stuff.  

eewww, right

/me just shakes her head

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Catrie said:

He was probably hoping someone would “like” it.

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

He was probably hoping someone would “like” it.

yeah, I've gotten enough unsolicited ones privately.  I don't need to go on Flickr to find one to " like". :P  

that moment when you can't decide on what color you want to buy the outfit in and there isn't a fatpack available...  

also... that moment you realise you were wearing 2 different hairs in your last photo shoot, but didn't detect it because they were both colored the same, until afterwards. :P  

Edited by Catrie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi Threadies.  The Flawless sim has a corny but cute little quest going on where you can gather up 14 gifts in about 45 min.  You wear a HUD that TPs you to the different stores and then go find a specific product and answer a question about it.  After you've finished all 14 stores, you get all the prizes.  The 'corny' part comes from the fact that it is done in the form of a Game Show that you have become a contestant on.  Anyway, I really liked most of the gifts.  TP to the start to grab your HUD is:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Flawless/98/154/28

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Hi Threadies.  The Flawless sim has a corny but cute little quest going on where you can gather up 14 gifts in about 45 min.  You wear a HUD that TPs you to the different stores and then go find a specific product and answer a question about it.  After you've finished all 14 stores, you get all the prizes.  The 'corny' part comes from the fact that it is done in the form of a Game Show that you have become a contestant on.  Anyway, I really liked most of the gifts.  TP to the start to grab your HUD is:

ooh thanks for this. :) I'll be sure to check it out. 

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I haven't had a chance to check this out yet, but last year or the year before they did a similar one where you were babysitting a kid that gets away from you and you're chasing them around the sim. Jolene and Kira are so creative!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That was fun!   Thanks for posting about it.  

• Like 1