Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

RL TMI but ...

I finally decided I have had all the fun I can stand at this job.  By April 1st I will be a NEET.  (Not in Employment,  Education or Training.)

Well, semi-retired. Actually retired retired but I'll do something else eventually.  So for a few months at least I will be a professional grandmother only.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

RL TMI but ...

I finally decided I have had all the fun I can stand at this job.  By April 1st I will be a NEET.  (Not in Employment,  Education or Training.)

Well, semi-retired. Actually retired retired but I'll do something else eventually.  So for a few months at least I will be a professional grandmother only.

I hope you make a better go of retirement than I am, Rhonda.

I'm so busy I'm considering restarting my career to regain some spare time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

RL TMI but ...

Lucky you. I am counting down the years. I figure another 7 more give or take.  

I can't wait for the day that I don't have to wake up at 5:30 am and, get home 12-1/2 hours later.  

I need "me" time badly

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I hope you make a better go of retirement than I am, Rhonda.

I'm so busy I'm considering restarting my career to regain some spare time.

Oh, you are SO not doing it right! Of course that's your stock in trade, so what else is new?

I'm still negotiating with my Retired Self; it's been just over six months now and I still haven't managed to even get a schedule arranged; I kind of get up when I want. It's shocking, really. Who knew I was such a lazy bum? I spent all those decades working hard; thinking about what I was doing and trying to find ways to do it better and more efficiently (and I mean EVERYTHING from sweeping the parking lot on up) that retirement has kind of caught me without a plan.

It's like, "Who's in charge here?".

"You, actually."

"Oh. Well then, go ahead and take the day off.  You can take care of that issue tomorrow. What's for lunch?"

I'm actually starting to get better but it really was that bad at first.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I love it when people try to bribe the IT department ...

IMG_0537.thumb.jpg.bdc563ab60053d754da89735906b6e90.jpg

Brownie cake and a  $10 gift card.  Looks like she gets the two new 32" monitors we are testing :)

Actually it was a thank you for something else altogether but she will get the new equipment first.

When a brownie cake stares at me lasciviously like that, I want to report it to HR for s*x**l harassment.

1663B5B4-0DC2-4882-9F8A-E9C6E8D5EBFD.jpeg

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Random poll time!

Which feels better?

1. Discovering it is actually Friday instead of Thursday when you get to work.
  2. Finding $20 in the pocket of your jeans that used to be too tight to wear.

#2, but not because of the $20; rather because of the "used to be" too tight to wear  :)

• Like 1

I'm 3 years younger than my husband, but told him that I'm retiring when he does, roughly 7-8 yrs if all goes according to plan. If I can figure out a way to do it sooner, I most definitely will.  I am so totally over this whole 'working' crap - or at least as far as the Mon-Fri full time job world goes.  I could handle a part-time gig, as long as it was something like a few hours midday and only a few days a week.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm 3 years younger than my husband, but told him that I'm retiring when he does, roughly 7-8 yrs if all goes according to plan. If I can figure out a way to do it sooner, I most definitely will.  I am so totally over this whole 'working' crap - or at least as far as the Mon-Fri full time job world goes.  I could handle a part-time gig, as long as it was something like a few hours midday and only a few days a week.

My retirement plans include photography and lots of kittens if at all possible LOL

I wouldn't mind fostering a whole bunch :x

• Like 2