Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

And for something completely different ...

Bespoke.

I always found this to be a funny word.  It does not look to me like it should mean what it means.  It never fit right in my mind.  Other similarly made words like belittle, behave or become don't have this strange disassociation like bespoke does.  It's like bespoke is not a native word to me.  I hear it and have to translate it in my mind first before it makes sense.

Am I alone in this?  Does anyone have other words like this that don't fit to them?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Bespoke.

I always found this to be a funny word.  It does not look to me like it should mean what it means.  It never fit right in my mind.  Other similarly made words like belittle, behave or become don't have this strange disassociation like bespoke does.  It's like bespoke is not a native word to me.  I hear it and have to translate it in my mind first before it makes sense.

Am I alone in this?  Does anyone have other words like this that don't fit to them?

Sometimes I behalve, it’s like halfway behaving. Bespoke seems to be re-entering common usage, i.e., “I bought a pair of bespoke jeahs.”  Speshul!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Bespoke.

Yeah that one is an odd word, though I don't even remember the last time I heard it. 

I'm sure I have similar words, but currently drawing a blank.

• Like 1

Today's new reason for adding a store to my "never shop there" list:  Enforcing their stupid 'No Fly' setting with a 'TP Home' when they aren't even located on any sort of RP sim.  Hell, I wasn't even flying around, I just didn't land after TPing in -- my browser is set to 'alway fly after TP' because it lets me quickly get away from the landing point.  I totally understand in a RP sim - and I follow the rules in RP sims.

UGH - stupid stores.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Husbands are the best people to share your secrets with.  It's not like they are listening.

Husband:

"Whenever my wife says 'You weren't even listening were you?!', I just think it's a weird way to start a conversation."

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Angry gets [stuff] done.

I can't sustain my anger for long and often get burned by it. It's tactical and should be deployed carefully. I'm more strategic (lazy?) and prefer to turn other people's anger against them. It's doubly rewarding to get stuff other people don't want done, done... using their effort.

I do understand your concerns about apathy and indecision, but I don't need to get angry to break through that. I just do something stupid.

• Like 2