Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

4 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

asked where I was from and then asked my age

Wow, pretty bold for a first conversation.  I'd bet everything that they are in their very early 20s.  Those are pretty much the only folks I know that think it is okay to ask those sort of questions right off the bat on the internet.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Wow, pretty bold for a first conversation.  I'd bet everything that they are in their very early 20s.  Those are pretty much the only folks I know that think it is okay to ask those sort of questions right off the bat on the internet.

The 20's also seem to be the range which most often volunteer their age, and also seem to want to find others in the same age range. 

I figure if you develop a friendship with someone and enjoy talking with them, then age doesn't really matter. Over time there will be references that may give you hints of their general age.  I suppose if one is looking for an intimate relationship that would move to RL, more concern about age might be warranted ...

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

I suppose if one is looking for an intimate relationship that would move to RL, more concern about age might be warranted ...

Even then, those of us that are a bit older, would still usually wait at least a bit before asking such questions.

52 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Even then, those of us that are a bit older, would still usually wait at least a bit before asking such questions.

And those of us that are a lot older just blurt out the number and have the 20 somethings say something like  "man that is so cool that you know how to use the computer!"

image.png.59069f28efba1cc5b7fa9e9c9ee1494f.png

• Haha 8

On 2/19/2018 at 7:50 PM, Maureen Boccaccio said:

10th Rez Day Invite.jpg

Twenty twenty twenty four hours to go
I wanna be sedated
Nothing to do, no where to go o,
I wanna be sedated

Just get me to the airport, put me on a plane
Hurry hurry hurry, before I go insane
I can't control my fingers, I can't control my brain
Oh no oh oh oh oh

Ba ba baba, baba ba baba, I wanna be sedated

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

This is what I first learned about computing on in 1976.

Wang2200.png

This is just the terminal, of course.  The CPU with its 8K of RAM was housed in what would today be a full tower case.

My first were standalone desktop HP units with pen plotter and cassette drive. My dad had me input programs at his office to teach me multiplication tables and play tic tac toe. I think they probably cost US$15k or so. I haven’t found pictures of those first units. This would have been maybe 75-76. 

P.S. For a gal, that’s a nice wang.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Twenty twenty twenty four hours to go
I wanna be sedated
Nothing to do, no where to go o,
I wanna be sedated

Just get me to the airport, put me on a plane
Hurry hurry hurry, before I go insane
I can't control my fingers, I can't control my brain
Oh no oh oh oh oh

Ba ba baba, baba ba baba, I wanna be sedated

Heh - the music vid for that song looks a bit like SL!  :D   

• Like 5

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Or it might be the person was an unevolved relic from the old "A/S/L" days; either way the answer is pretty much "nunya".

I think this was the first computer I actually had my hands on (although only to play text games). The awesome Commodore 64.

It belonged to a friend; he didn't have the joysticks or that extra floppy drive, just the single-sided one on the top: 180K scintillating bytes of information. It's where I first saw the words, "It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."

commodore64.jpg

Edited by Dillon Levenque
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I didn't start messin with the darn things till 1980.  Initially it was all dumb terminals though.  I didn't see my first actually computer for another year or so.

Aside from the HP I posted about (no screen), I got to use another (with screen and CPU) before 78, then nothing until Apple IIc in 82-84. Didn’t get my own until 84, C-64.

50 minutes ago, Dillon Levenque said:

Or it might be the person was an unevolved relic from the old "A/S/L" days; either way the answer is pretty much "nunya".

Ah yes, the good old chat rooms where they constantly asked that.  Some of them couldn't seem to actually maintain a conversation about anything else.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I’ve been using a computer since the 70’s!!

I used a Burroughs desk computer in 1972 -- the computer was built into the desk with a keyboard, paper feed, and the blinkenlights on top. I learned to program in assembly on it. I used some S100 bus CP/M machines and an Apple II in the late 1970s, then bought an IBM PC in 1981. I could build a really sweet computer now for what I paid for that thing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

4 hours ago, Dillon Levenque said:

My problem wouldn´t really be them asking... but them asking even though it´s both in my Flickr and SL profile... READ people READ!!!!!! I just HATE repeating what´s in there... ffsit took ages to fill it out and keep it up to date... but them effers just don´t care... so if I´m not REALLY bored (and not ticked off because of it yet)  I´ll answer, though at times that´s the point where I start to play them starting with "hm now... well... what do my profiles say how old I am and where I´m from...roughly...hm?^^"

If they ***** at me I´ll start to claw them slightly asking why it would be my fault if they don´t read the given info to avoid this along with the hint that I don´t like messages like that :P

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

This is what I first learned about computing on in 1976.

Wang2200.png

This is just the terminal, of course.  The CPU with its 8K of RAM was housed in what would today be a full tower case.

Ok so I have to do this cause it's just bugged me ever since I saw this picture....

*coughs and does my best Beavis and Butthead voice*

She showed everyone a picture of her wang. Heh, Heh, heheheheheh.....

Sorry all 9_9

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, Haven Fireguard said:

She showed everyone a picture of her wang.

:P

Consider it pay back for all the random wang pics I have received over the years.

[eta]
Actually I have never been sent one of those pics in real life and maybe just 2 or 3 in SL.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress

2 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

:P

Consider it pay back for all the random wang pics I have received over the years.

[eta]
Actually I have never been sent one of those pics in real life and maybe just 2 or 3 in SL.

It’s never too late! Oddly, gay men on dating sites probably get more of those than women.

30 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It’s never too late! Oddly, gay men on dating sites probably get more of those than women.

which is even more questionable...I mean... most male creatures  have one their own so ...they know what they look like xD And they´ve eventually seen others so they know about the variety... Just imagine there´d be such a fuss about ...dunno ... Fingertips.... xD Just another part of the body

2 minutes ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

which is even more questionable...I mean... most male creatures  have one their own so ...they know what they look like xD And they´ve eventually seen others so they know about the variety... Just imagine there´d be such a fuss about ...dunno ... Fingertips.... xD Just another part of the body

???☝️?????

• Haha 1