Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

15 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

It's time for yet another
Random Asked Question

Today's question comes the fine folks at Miracle Scripts, Inc.  If it's a bug free script, it's a Miracle.

If you were given an envelope with the the time and date of your death inside, would you open it?

Sure, why not?

• Like 3

Yay tea! "Earl Grey, hot" *she speaks into the replicator. It is indeed a day to celebrate. The bird people rescued the eaglet DC4 after it got its leg stuck in the nest. These two are moving around and exploring a lot more than their siblings did last year at this age. Hopefully after an all-clear check up it's returned to the nest without any issues.

Edited by Clover Jinx
cause excitement > grammar
  • Like 5

On 4/20/2017 at 6:43 AM, Rhonda Huntress said:

It's time for yet another
Random Asked Question

Today's question comes the fine folks at Miracle Scripts, Inc.  If it's a bug free script, it's a Miracle.

If you were given an envelope with the the time and date of your death inside, would you open it?

Absolutely. It would be nice to know how much time I had to get my affairs in order. However, if it included the circumstances of my death, I'm not sure I'd open it then. I don't think I'd want to know that I get hit by a bus or something like that.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2017 at 0:22 PM, Maureen Boccaccio said:

I would take the envelope, but I don't think I'd open it right away.  I am sure I would, at some point, but not today.  

However, like Talligurl, I'd want to know the origin of the information.  

Retreating to the realm of the probable for the moment, if you receive an envelope revealing the date and time of your demise, the originator is most likely the Arkansas Department of Correction.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters

State Execution Rates

State/Rank

2010 Population

Cumulative Executions: 1976-February 11, 2015

Executions per Capita (x10,000)

1. Oklahoma

2. Texas

3. Delaware

4. Virginia

5. Missouri

6. Alabama

7. South Carolina

8. Arkansas

9. Mississippi

10. Louisiana

• Like 1

While Arkansas takes the lead for April, It looks like Ohio's actually the hot spot for the year...

https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/upcoming-executions

OK and TX better watch their backs.

And, because I love charts...

https://www.import.io/post/analyzing-data-eighteen-graphs-about-the-death-penalty/

Edited by Madelaine McMasters

I log in now and then to change clothes, but that timespan has been something like every 3-6 months over the past 5-6 years.  I actually logged in the other evening though and spent a few hours going through my inventory.  I wanted to take the new 'complexity' issue into account, but tons of my stuff is really old and therefore really high on the complexity scale.  I can't even count the number of outfits I tossed on that aspect alone, plus tons more that just obviously looked ancient. 

I'm not going fancy tonight, but I did find a pretty dress to wear - mostly because while I detest dresses in RL, I like wearing them in SL.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

while I detest dresses in RL, I like wearing them in SL.

Understood! I love to dress in finery inworld, but in meatspace I usually go out wearing gym shorts & a novelty tee year-round. 

Things are generally a tad on the informal side in Arizona. :)

Edited by Xerxes Kingstop
  • Like 2