Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

That would be a late lunch for me, considering it's 3:30pm here, but I'll take it!

Looks like a fun time was had by all at the Hangout. Sorry I couldn't make it; busy stuff to do elsewhere (pesky RL!) I made up for it with a massive inworld shopping spree last night, during which I turned Skell completely on his head (figuratively speaking) and made him over into a blond Nordic type. Might wander around for a bit like that, purely because it's so damn different :o

whatarethechancescomp.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I haven't changed my look since ... last Monday?  But it was a busy week and I was only online like twice.

This.

I am always changing my appearance. There are too many fabulous skins/makeup/hair/clothing available to play with! 

I'm almost always blonde as that's my preference but sometimes a photo shoot calls for another hair color.  Like in this one - I was trying to copy the Kate Bush cover from Hounds of Love.  Blonde would have been entirely wrong.

kate bush.jpg

• Like 6

I used to change my hair almost daily, but the rest never changed except the occasional addition of a tattoo or piercing, Then around Christmas I finally broke down and got a mesh body, one of the reasons for my resistance was knowing I would have to start over with the tats. The mesh me had fewer tats but opened up some nice new piercing options, then with Maitreya 4.0, I lost my primary tattoo, and so changed to another one again. My obsession with daily hair changes came to and abrupt, and unexpected end on St. Patrick's Day, when I got some curly red hair for a party. Since then I have continued to change my hair, but only within the confines of what I could do in RL with that basic red curly hair. The hair is from Analog Dog, the Afro Curls line, color dark red, and they have several options, to this I have added a couple braided hairs. So I have 6 or 7 different hairs I now use, all red either curly or braided.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

I used to change my hair almost daily, but the rest never changed except the occasional addition of a tattoo or piercing, Then around Christmas I finally broke down and got a mesh body, one of the reasons for my resistance was knowing I would have to start over with the tats. The mesh me had fewer tats but opened up some nice new piercing options, then with Maitreya 4.0, I lost my primary tattoo, and so changed to another one again. My obsession with daily hair changes came to and abrupt, and unexpected end on St. Patrick's Day, when I got some curly red hair for a party. Since then I have continued to change my hair, but only within the confines of what I could do in RL with that basic red curly hair. The hair is from Analog Dog, the Afro Curls line, color dark red, and they have several options, to this I have added a couple braided hairs. So I have 6 or 7 different hairs I now use, all red either curly or braided.

I have two hairs that I feel "define" my avatar and I wear most often but I am a very quirky person too and on a whim will change because I love the style or because I just want a change in look for a short time.  Here is a case in point when I was posing at a club with my friend Soph, the hair is just something I wore because I loved it.
I am the one singing in case it isn't obvious:

58fe934fb81b2_SophiaandGabrielemusicalduo(atBarcode)_009.thumb.png.93e6dde38dc7ecc8bde96fb5325a59f6.png

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

That would be a late lunch for me, considering it's 3:30pm here, but I'll take it!

Looks like a fun time was had by all at the Hangout. Sorry I couldn't make it; busy stuff to do elsewhere (pesky RL!) I made up for it with a massive inworld shopping spree last night, during which I turned Skell completely on his head (figuratively speaking) and made him over into a blond Nordic type. Might wander around for a bit like that, purely because it's so damn different :o

whatarethechancescomp.jpg

I may or may not have seen you in "Vikings"...  and with that ice blue gaze!  I've missed your blog! :x

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

Analog Dog is hands down the best place for curls.  I'd say 70% of my hair is from AD, if not more. :)

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

I have two hairs that I feel "define" my avatar and I wear most often but I am a very quirky person too and on a whim will change because I love the style or because I just want a change in look for a short time.  Here is a case in point when I was posing at a club with my friend Soph, the hair is just something I wore because I loved it.
I am the one singing in case it isn't obvious:

58fe934fb81b2_SophiaandGabrielemusicalduo(atBarcode)_009.thumb.png.93e6dde38dc7ecc8bde96fb5325a59f6.png

I love the 40s' hairstyle.  Or some other era.  Retro something.  Anyway, I love it!

1 hour ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Outrageous, I have always admired your style :)

Thank you very much. 

I'm very practical in RL and in many case will wear something until it almost falls apart - partly because my mind is still stuck in the prices of 20 yrs ago and has a hard time accepting today's clothing prices.  In SL though, everything is so cheap in real $, so I let myself go wild and buy what I want.  In my early SL days, I probably wore a few outfits multiple times, but quickly figured out that I was buying things far faster than I was wearing them.  That is when I started tossing them after a single wearing. I still figure it's a good deal.

• Like 3

On 4/24/2017 at 8:39 AM, Rhonda Huntress said:

I haven't changed my look since ... last Monday?  But it was a busy week and I was only online like twice.

I tend to update my look, but it's incremental. Kinda like the old joke about George Washington's Axe. 

Here's me in 2006. Rocking that system skin. There weren't really any kid skins available then, and others had pretty heavy, obvious adult shading on them. Most everything I wore then was system, aside from hair, glasses, shoes, and the occasional flexi skirt. 

73894.jpg

Then here's around 2011 or so. Pretty much my "classic" look. Same glasses as the previous shot: I bought those on day 1 and only retired them last year or so. I also wore the heck out of that hair. Was practically a trademark. Still mostly system and prim attire, though I did get into sculpts outfits pretty quickly.

417578.jpg

And today. Still the same ol skin, shape, and eyes, but with newer hair, mesh clothing, mesh hands, and new mesh glasses modeled based on my old ones a bit.32055889776_0096d66600_o (1).png

Edited by Marianne McCann
moving the pictures about
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

I remember you saying your avatar was going to stay at a certain age and stop "growing". Is this still the case?

Yup! When I first "grew down" in SL, I started aging up slowly. But I've stuck at 8 1/2 RP age for about three or so years now. :-)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

It's time for

Random Asked Question

Today's question is sponsored by the advertising firm of Dewy, Cheatem and Howe.
And the question is:

What is the silliest thing you are passionate about?

Baby goats :x

I would say cats but that was too obvious :D

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

It's time for

Random Asked Question

Today's question is sponsored by the advertising firm of Dewy, Cheatem and Howe.
And the question is:

What is the silliest thing you are passionate about?

Really? Come on, obviously nothing that I would be passionate about would be silly, though my kids can be pretty silly and I am passionate about them.

• Like 3