Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

I never drive more than 20 over - and that is only on highways.  In lower speed areas, I usually hold it to 10 over, and never more than about 2-4 over in residential areas.  If I am on the highway though and the left lane is clear, I want to use it.  I bought a WRX for a reason.

• Like 2

On the Autobahns I usually drive 10km/h over (which means: 140 instead of 130 km/h) - and even then there are some cars that pass by me with a speed that I think I'm standing. :/

In towns, where only 50km/h is allowed, I usually drive 55 instead - However, with these 55km/h in town, I just so drive at the same speed as all the others.

I'm too lazy tho to calculate what that is in mph... :ph34r:

• Like 3

Happy Friday Eve oh Thread Denizens!

Hope there are fun plans for the weekend- I intend to spend it in a lazy state barring little things like food..
I do however have an art show to participate in- but it is in my home grid or I would give you all an LM.
hope everyone is enjoying their day and here is a little something for the munchies - apres-ski-fondue-in-cast.jpg

• Like 2

ooooh, juxtaposition! Here's mine: 

The one who will not stop the car to talk on the phone while speeding in a school zone but comes to a complete and sudden stop blocking everyone's path in the middle of an intersection with the grocery cart to talk on that same phone while in a store.

• Like 3

Oh yeah. You pull out your phone at the grocery store, brother, you better have your cart and yourself out of the way. Otherwise I'll just stand there looking at you and quite obviously listening in on your little convo. Hey, it's a public place, right?

To be honest I tend to do that to anybody who starts up a phone convo close to strangers; I'll just look right at 'em so they know I'm listening. Hopefully the message will get through—step away from the people to take/make this call.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Today's pet peeve, related to yesterday's:  The idiot that wants to drive 5 mph under the posted speed limit on the regular main streets and then drives 10 mph OVER the speed limit in the residential school zone area.  Geez

For some reason people in my town drive 50 in a 30 but as soon as they get on the freeway where the speed limit is 70 they drive 55 and 60.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, sweetgem Clemenceau said:

Note to myself: Never visit Heidelberg again on a weekend.

Yesterday, I was there with my Mom - and to say the Altstadt ("Old Town") was crowded is an understatement. No matter where we went, there was a crowd of tourists from all countries of the world. o.O

I don't recall if I visited Heidelberg on the weekend, but I loved the place. We (my ex-hubby and I were on our belated honeymoon in 1993) had dinner at an Afghan restaurant there. We were the last patrons in, and ended up having a long, lovely conversation with the proprietor after closing. He was Afghan and his wife, a native German, was a physician in Berlin. Their long distance marriage was stressful, but he didn't feel safe in Berlin where skinheads were running rampant. Heidelberg is a college town, probably much like Madison Wisconsin, near me. I don't know if all college towns are alike, but they do seem a safer place to be different. It sounds like that's still true of Heidelberg, 24 years later.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1