Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman

8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Reminds me, which of you accused me of being a “mesh-head” with the pic of the toothless guy? Methuselah has “Meth” right in his name!

so,  he was the first meth head?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Reminds me, which of you accused me of being a “mesh-head” with the pic of the toothless guy? Methuselah has “Meth” right in his name!

*scratches head* are ya sure about that?

I have a ton of Belleza stuff I can give LoveX but if you're gonna be mean! *mews*

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

*scratches head* are ya sure about that?

I have a ton of Belleza stuff I can give LoveX but if you're gonna be mean! *mews*

Not being mean, kitten I wasn’t responding to you that way, just Methuselah reminded me of someone else’s joke on me!

They posted a toothless old man and said “wasn’t I afraid of being called a Mesh-head?” I can’t find it now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hippie Bowman said:

116576-Is-He-Still-Wrong.jpg

As someone who routinely walks through the woods cursing the wildlife to reduce the stress of dealing with her own stupidity and knowing that you men aren't so very different from us, I'd say...

Yes!

Happy Thursday, Kids!!!

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Jameson2001 said:

Happy Thursday Y'all  Hippie got me thinking.......represented by the great George Carlin:

image.png.74ed26f829c07568bb37cae3d2ce2778.png

image.png

It appears the statistics shown above are self perceptions, not actuality. It didn't take long for me to find evidence of that:

http://money.cnn.com/2015/02/19/investing/investing-women-men/index.html
http://squaredawayblog.bc.edu/squared-away/men-save-more-women-save-better/
https://www.dailyworth.com/posts/women-actually-better-investors-men

In actuality, although women earn less than men, they save more of their income and invest slightly more wisely (certainly less riskily, except for me). Mom controlled the finances in our family. She worked the budget, kept the books for Dad's consulting business and negotiated the best price on anything that could be negotiated. She was also dismayed that, though she was the one who purchased all the family cars, Dad's name would be on all mail from the dealership and auto companies. Pfft!

I have, since the day I started investing, worried that my investment strategy is crazy. It doesn't help that every time I speak to an investment advisor, s/he'll say "Maddy, your investment strategy is crazy". Nevertheless I was able to retire at age 42. It helps to be frugal. I thank my parents for raising me to simultaneously believe in and question myself. 

It can be fun to play off male/female stereotypes, but I've always found it far more fun to play off the individual foibles I discover in my friends, and let them play off mine. There's no shortage of craziness or stupidity in any of us.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

yeah... I tped home when we went to bed last night but I wasn´t done at firefly hair... I´ll have to TP back manually I spose and go from there? Hmmm I´ll see tonight

No, just put the HUD on and it knows where you left off - it will ask to TP you there.

The problem is that the HUD sometimes gets confused - maybe telling it to skip a place adds to that, maybe it was the amount of traffic sometimes at places.  At one point, I did place-A, then I went to place-B and decided to skip it, going on to complete place-C.  It then said it was taking to me place-D but instead took me back to place-A that I had already done.  It immediately recognized that I had already found the egg and place-A so then wanted to TP me to place-B again.  After getting to place-B and told to skip it again, it then said it wanted to TP to place-D, but took me back to place-A again.  Vicious circle.  I detattached/reattached HUD, TPd Home, and Reset scripts in the HUD - all no help. Someone in the hunt group suggested a relog, so I did that.  When I came back online and reattached the HUD, there was no mention of place-D (the one it kept trying to take me to but never did) and instead it then TPd me to somewhere totally new.   I made a note of that place-D to see if it happens to actually ever take me there later.  It acted up once more - wanting to TP me to the next location before I found the second egg that it told me was at the current location.  That time, I simply ignored the TP request until I found the egg.  Maybe later today things will be better because people will have spread out more since the starting day. 

I would still prefer a web page with links.  Primarily because then I could at least make sure I hit any stores that I truly wanted first and then randomly hit any others that I might be midly interested in.  The number of stops on this one, combined with the short amount of time, pretty much guarantees that anyone with any sort of RL is going to have difficulty getting through it.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3