Would you?

Raven1 Short

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4201 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wouldn't. All I have to do is lie on the grass and look up to know why.

I have always dreamed of floating just under the clouds on a quiet summer day, looking down on the patchwork quilt of farm fields below and soaking it all in. I worked hard in the summer of 1986, learning to fly. The thrill of actually doing it, and breaking the law by skimming through the flat bottom of a puffy cumulus cloud without having an instrument rating, is hard to describe. My brief plunge through that summer cloud, now a distant memory, was the realization of a young girl's dream... and it fell short. There was no serenity, no sweet smell of nature, no birds coming to say hello, no mist in my face... just white knuckles and woo-hooing, and a tremendous sense of accomplishment.

In SL, hanging in the clouds and looking down on the fields below is effortless, anyone can do it. I've done it many times... and it falls short.

But, if I lie on the grass here in Wisconsin, and look up at those clouds floating by, I am there, as I was when a child. It is serene, I inhale the sweet mist, wink at the birds and look down on the woman who worked so hard to get here, and learned that she can... by lying on the grass in Wisconsin.

Raven1 Short wrote:

If you could actually go through your screen and live in SL would you?

Actually live your life where SL is real but still SL if that makes sense.

Never.  I love life on planet earth, specifically my "parcel" of it.  My SL home is on an ocean sim.  Many of my neighbors have a tropical theme.  I live in a tropical area RL surrounded by palm trees with the ocean only a 20 minute drive away so I have that.  My house is in the sky in SL.  I would love to live in a skyscraper in a large city sometime.  Doubt that will happen, but that would be close to living in the sky.

i play on the water in SL on my simboard a lot

but i also like surf and beach RL. specially playing on my board  in the big surf and in the winter and the rain. is freezing and hardly no one else ever. not like in the summer. cant get that in SL. maybe one day we will. but then i wants to smell and taste the water and air as well. so unless i get that in SL then nah!

+

if i could go on a one way trip and could never came back to Earth. then i want to go to Mars or some other planet and make a colony. that be ok for me and i give up the surf for that

Yes as long as it won't be permanent.

I'd love to walk around 1920s Berlin in stead of 2012 Amsterdam and live in a nice little room above my own bar.

But my SL pet is rubbish compared to my rl pets, I'd miss some rl friends and family and even though I hate cooking, I would miss rl food.

Also it takes way too many SL drinks to get drunk.

Permanently - absolutely no.  I would get bored pretty soon to the cartoon world.  Real life is so much more fascinating.  What I would do like to do is to visit temporarily in virtual world.

When virtual worlds have developed so far as to resemble real world very closely - perhaps then, when my RL body has grown old and worn. :matte-motes-big-grin:

i love life way too much to really want to mess with that kind of change..good or bad times..they all do end me up where i am at this moment..

i watched this movie one time called surrogates that was just way to scary close to how things really may be one day..i mean besides all the killing..just the overall idea..

while watching it i was like..omg this is second life on RL.. after i was like..no way ever would i want that..

Alicia Sautereau wrote:

Guess i`ll be the only one saying yes then,

No rl besides work

No need for sleep

No need for food

Limitless energy

...and a few scores to settle

Aslong as i can change to my alt even tho ali looks cute, lol

Hm, I suppose I would, if all the rules that hold SL together were applied to RL.

Not much crime, no sickness, no pollution... I could mute annoying people, never feel sad because someone was far away. I could buy a house for practically-nothing, never fret about debt. And most importantly? I could dance better than I do RL right now. :D

Well.. SL is good because you don't waste time on eating, cooking, washing clothes and cleaning. You don't have travelling expenses. You can have sex without protection. If you own more than one house, there are no worries about taxes and bills for both of them. You have only rent lol. Ohh, if youre unemployed, you just say "I'm exploring the wolrd".

Then, you can't walk out from your home on a hot summer day and feel the sun burning.. or rain falling down your shoulders. Can you imagine your life without feeling the water on your skin? No swimming at all! 

No mirrors?? 

You can't smell the flowers, you can't feel your lovers breath on your neck, you can't come home after a long day and smell fresh food. Or cofee. Omg coffee!, no I couln't lol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4201 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.