White, Red, Brunette or Blonde?

Willow Danube

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4632 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I am glad that I did not try to respond earlier when you were in your 'domme' mode!  I really do not care what color hair a man has or even if he is bald as long as it wears well on his overall 'look'.  I have seen few blond male avatars that hold the look well and, rarely, a redhead.  Most seem to go for a version of brunette.  So, that is my choice:

Brunette

Great answers so far...

Let's see...

Blond: 2 (both for female)
Red: 2 (1 each from the opposite gender)
Brunette: 5 ( 2 for female, 3 for male)
White: 1 ( I'll come clean... I like white haired guys)

Really guys? I'm surprised ... maybe you'd like to read this article about why blonds are more attractive than the rest.

*** Blond hair is unique in that it changes dramatically with age. Typically, young girls with light blond hair become women with brown hair. Thus, men who prefer to mate with blond women are unconsciously attempting to mate with younger (and hence, on average, healthier and more fecund) women. It is no coincidence that blond hair evolved in Scandinavia and northern Europe, probably as an alternative means for women to advertise their youth, as their bodies were concealed under heavy clothing. ***

Willow Danube wrote:

Really guys? I'm surprised ... maybe you'd like to read
about why blonds are more attractive than the rest.

Blond hair is unique in that it changes dramatically with age. Typically, young girls with light blond hair become women with brown hair. Thus, men who prefer to mate with blond women are unconsciously attempting to mate with younger (and hence, on average, healthier and more fecund) women. It is no coincidence that blond hair evolved in Scandinavia and northern Europe, probably as an alternative means for women to advertise their youth, as their bodies were concealed under heavy clothing. ***

But I dress my avatar according to what I find attractive not according to what scientific evidence says... Same goes to what I find attrative in others. :matte-motes-smitten: 

Willow Danube wrote:

Really guys (that blonde is not the overwhelming favorite)? I'm surprised ... maybe you'd like to read
about why blonds are more attractive than the rest.

The problem is that they know that you think they will mostly choose blonde as their favorite. Hence, they're trying to fool you by selecting something else. I suggest an in-world test. Go to an infohub as a brunette and record the number of requests for "teh sects" per hour. Dress the same way, only changing the color of the hair to blonde and repeat. Compare the average number of requests per hour for a more reliable indicator of what guys actually prefer as opposed to what they say they prefer.

Update:

Brunette: 7 ( 2 for female, 4 for male)
White: 2

@Nuuna: Some smart brain people may want to argue that even your feeling of attraction was because of some pathophysiological reaction based on associated memory in your DNA. I don't know who said it.. maybe Homer did.

@Randall: So you are really saying that YOU actually prefer blondies? Well according to you, You are not alone.

@Immy: Nice try but yours is forfeited and by default will be changed to White.

Willow Danube wrote:

Update:

Brunette: 7 ( 2 for female, 4 for male)

White: 2

@Nuuna: Some smart brain people may want to argue that even your feeling of attraction was because of some pathophysiological reaction based on associated memory in your DNA. I don't know who said it.. maybe Homer did.

@Randall: So you are really saying that YOU actually prefer blondies? Well according to you, You are not alone.

@Immy: Nice try but yours is forfeited and by default will be changed to White.

How expectedly narrow.  (
^_^
)

Not a punk or Anime fan, I surmise? =^-^=

Un-"normal" people need not apply. (^_^)y

What is wrong with White?

Kadaj is hot! And I think at one point in the second installment of The Storm Riders comic series, Cloud had turned white haired himself although it was only for a short moment but I thought he was sexy!

My thread, My Rules, My colours... You shall remain in the white section. Yield!

1. Brunette

(More of a Dusty Brown preference but trying to play by the rules)

I'm not really saying anything below this line due to cautions about derailment and blathering, so read no further Willow (we're friends right?)... but I just had to mention how much I'd appreciate a Classy Distinguished Salt & Pepper option or something of the sort for the men... the middle aged look that says "I'm established, experienced, and can take care of you well... very well ;)" is what would pique my interest.  (JoJo's on the right track)

(Marianne's photo is going my direction although I just couldn't vote 'White' in strict adherence to the rules)

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

I get many more random offers of "teh secks" when I am a redhead....

Red has certain hormonal effect on men. Once I wore a red slinky dress to a Motown club and immediately some rich dude with multiple sims IM'd me that he had set his security orbs to allow me into his sims. He kept calling me "Babay, babay" and "Gorgeus, Gorgeus" ...

If I wasn't dancing with a guy with a dunce cap at that moment, I would have joined him and prolly end up being the land mistress or something by now and not cracking my head trying to develop my puny land over in mainland. 

I think I know which one you are talking about. There is also this one hair from LAQ that I've seen being worn by MANY guys in SL. Even my male alt has one..Good thing it was a modified version so I I changed a few strands of hair with highlights just to break its uniformity. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4632 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.