White, Red, Brunette or Blonde?

Willow Danube

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4632 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you are my friend, you get special treatment from me. You are allowed to break the rules and choose any colours or guys you want. Seriously... any colours ... and guys. I'll look the other way. 

Except maybe Randall and Cio.. I'm going to marry them both once LL allows multiple partnerships in my profile. 

PS: Ditto for Classy Distinguished looks on men. 

My summary on the survey:

1.  Women likes Dark haired men
2. Only a few men dared to admit that they like Blondes more than the rest.
3. Surprisingly, not many are into Redheads
4. No men likes white haired women.
5. Brunettes seemed like the 'safe' choice for most people. 

In SL: Blue, teal, pink, or magenta.

In RL: Blue-black or jet black.

Why black? It's simple: Men and other biologically male persons like rare and exotic traits. I've grown up around blond and dishwater blond people. It's a boring everyday sight for me. The one hair color that is pretty rare where I live, other than red, is black hair. I mean really black. The highly reflective, shiny kind of black, not just dark brown or off-black.

PS: The only reason that my avatar has switched from teal / cyan to blond is that a friend told me she liked it. I'll probably change back to blue tones soon, because blond eyebrows don't really work with my pink skin.

ETA: There is one rare blond tone that I happen to find quite interesting too, namely white blond or platinum blond. But only if the eyebrows match the hair color, otherwise it looks fake.

Ishtara Rothschild wrote: In RL: Blue-black or jet black.

The one hair color that is pretty rare where I live, other than red, is black hair. I mean really black. The highly reflective, shiny kind of black, not just dark brown or off-black.

A true Raven is surely the rarest of birds. I know one in RL. Jet black hair, pale white complexion and big green eyes. She is amazingly beautiful.

One thing to keep in mind about hair color...for black, asian, hispanic, native american and nearly every race besides european ... dark brown and black tones are your only natural looking options. A black man with blonde hair stands out as much as if he has dyed it blue or pink. So I prefer dark hair on males and females when it is race appropriate. I prefer natural looking hair colors. For this reason I don't like peroxide blonde or rainbow colors much but honey tones, reds and browns can all look equally nice on european avatars in my opinion.

I also think many people enjoy giving their avatar their real life hair color. And many men just happen to have dark hair colors. Perhaps many women just happen to dye their hair blonde, I don't know. Most people I know in SL do not change hair colors on a whim but stick with one. Most of the females in my SL social circle happen to have dark brown hair so it is possible that the blonde is more popular with those attempting to emulate the adult movie star look on zindra.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4632 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.