So what changed in the Terms of Service?

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

19 minutes ago, Ineffable Mote said:

34 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

If you are going to quote the ToS, learn to read it.

Your first mistake is assuming adult nudity can only happen on A Rated Regions.

This is WRONG, non sexual adult nudity is allowed on M Rated regions.  It's already been clarified in this thread that if a child avatar visits an M rated location, where one MIGHT expect adult nudity, say a "skinny dip" lake, and a naked adult shows up, the child avatar is expected to LEAVE or be in violation of the ToS.

And that would be a FRAUDULENT AR, and considering that you've referred to people who file AR's as "snitches" and "tattletales" more than once in this thread, and often in other threads, somewhat hypocritical of you.

Now I know what the term of "permanently irritated" is, jeeze who woke you on the wrong side of bias and cynicism? I always wondered why people with the constant itch of social irritability, ends up on a social platform with the biggest issue with people, Don't laugh at things you clearly don't understand or end up having a go for sake of. It don't make you look grown up :P 

Edited by Grayson Blakewell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

Is simple nudity without sex Adult?

Depending on context, nudity may not require an Adult rating. For example all of the following could be rated Moderate:

A nude beach without sexual activity.

Skin vendors showing a nude skin to display the product.

Nude art that is not sexual.

Strip clubs that do not use adult words in search or host sex furniture.

Depending on the context, exposed genitalia may not be considered Adult. For example:

Hanging out at a nude beach would be fine.

Walking around pants-less on the mainland could be inappropriate.

Non-sexualized depictions of nudity are Moderate NOT Adult.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Adult_Content_FAQ

I admitted I was wrong earlier, and thanked everyone for clarifying where I was wrong. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Some people can't seem to tell the difference from a child avatar and a adult avatar there's no point trying to reason with them they act like they are right they would do anything to prove themselves right even if they are worng there is no reasoning with people that far gone unfortunately.

Edited by Wincil
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Angelina Sinclair said:

Nope. I haven't read them.

Then why are you even posting arguments against or for or whatever your are arguing IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE COVENANT.

Are you just here to whine that things are wrongggggg.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wincil said:

Some people can't seem to tell the difference from a child avatar and a adult avatar there's no point trying to reason with them they act like they are right they would do anything to prove themselves right even if they're are wrong there is no reasoning with people that far gone unfortunately.

Well that is something that is subjective. And I can see why people are cautious with certain looks. Does it make right. No. But yeah it happens. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Angelina Sinclair said:

You can, but you can't setup ban lines. Plus anything you have rezzed is still visible. So if you have naughty posters or a sex dungeon in your linden home.. well they can still cam in and see.

Those things aren't likely to be an issue to child avis, though, whereas sunbathing nude on your front lawn might be.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Theresa Ravenheart said:

And I do, but I would be much more comfortable and happy if my Linden home was on A land, so I could be around others and be able to feel like I live in a neighborhood and not have to stop people from seeing me on my front lawn. Having to hide and block things so people can't see or hear you, to me, defeats the purpose of living in a neighborhood setting. I have a Linden home that is currently setting empty because it doesn't really serve a purpose since I live on an adult island. 

I close my curtains in RL.so.the neighbors don't see in.  We also have hedges near the street so.people can't see in.  Privacy settings in Linden homes or any SL land is the same.  If I want to chat with a neighbor, I walk over and talk if I see them out.  I wouldn't peek in the window.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

What if you are a mer-mommy with a mer-child? Should you both be expected to wear scratchy sea shells or starfish covering your nipples?

(In case it's not clear, I think topless should be allowed in Moderate regions, no matter the age or gender of one's avatar.)

We're wandering into the "how many angels can dance on the head of a pin" territory. The answer is that I don't know. However -- since you're asking me personally -- I think I'd take my cue from the rabbits that are now in my RL back yard. Mother rabbits with vulnerable bunnies keep them out of sight and away from predators.  If I were being a mer-mommy, I would personally keep my mer-child in a nice quiet part of SL where we can cavort in safety.  But that's just me. YMMV.  ;) 

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wincil said:

Some people can't seem to tell the difference from a child avatar and a adult avatar there's no point trying to reason with them they act like they are right they would do anything to prove themselves right even if they're are wrong.

Well, then place your trust in LL. If you get AR'd and you are confident that you are an adult then nothing to worry about right? If you don't trust LL then nothing anyone says matters.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Well that is something that is subjective. And I can see why people are cautious with certain looks. Does it make right. No. But yeah it happens. 

Tbh I don't see how that's subjective since I can the difference between a child avatar and adult avatar some people aren't very bright.

Edited by Wincil
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I admitted I was wrong earlier, and thanked everyone for clarifying where I was wrong. 

Sorry, thread was moving too fast!

• Like 2

Just now, Kathlen Onyx said:

Then why are you even posting arguments against or for or whatever your are arguing IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE COVENANT.

Are you just here to whine that things are wrongggggg.

What do you mean...! I'm not whining. I was painting a hypothetical scenario.

Don't take my general statements as hard facts.

And the other rambling thought I had that got lost when they spilt this topic had to do with the modesty panels that is now required for child avatars.

For me, I have always thought of anyone under the age of 12 and younger is a child. I have always thought of anyone between the ages of 13-19, I considered a teen (teen is part of the number as fifteen). In SL, because anyone 18 and up is considered an adult, then in SL, I consider anyone presenting themselves as an avatar 12 and under in age is a child and anyone presenting themselves as a teen is between the age of 13-17.

So in regards to modesty panels for child and teen avatars, seems like the child body creators could make the bodies that are wearing something like with a sleeveless onesie built in. You put that body on, you're covered automatically by the modesty panel. Skins are usually made for a specific body and most time by the body creators. So if a child body is purchased, they could get a sample of addition skins that also have modesty panel built in. (I still question if upper chest area modesty panels are needed for male avatars.)

I kinda think why this is being done is because if there is nothing for pedo's to come into Second Life to even see on child avatars they won't stick around and then cause actual pedo type activies and problems for LL. 

I knew of a world that got shut down once due to a pedo that took it to real life. Info I heard was the US FBI took theeir servers and shut them down. This could be the very thing we would hate to see happen to SL.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Angelina Sinclair said:

There's a lot of fear of people trolling one another in attempts to AR people. Linden homes could be a spot where that happens. You can't put up ban lines with linden homes either. You would have to individually ban people.

Ok. If you ever see kids in your neighborhood, be sure to put them on your ban list, or go one better and put everyone with a home in your region on your ban list.

(Zali should be proud of me for suggesting that. 😆)

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Ok. If you ever see kids in your neighborhood, be sure to put them on your ban list, or go one better and put everyone with a home in your region on your ban list.

(Zali should be proud of me for suggesting that. 😆)

I don't go outside my linden home so I should be safe!

It's just I was camming in random houses (cause I'm a bad person like that) to see what furniture they use to decorate their places for ideas and then spotted picture of a child ava and was like-- wait a sec, children exist here! 😨

So I had to make a comment about it. :P

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

What if you are a mer-mommy with a mer-child? Should you both be expected to wear scratchy sea shells or starfish covering your nipples?

(In case it's not clear, I think topless should be allowed in Moderate regions, no matter the age or gender of one's avatar.)

While I'm a little reluctant to add a new complication to this discussion (we seem to be having difficulties comprehending pretty basic things here sometimes), what about breast feeding? Someone mentioned this much earlier in this thread in the context of family RP, and I thought . . . interesting question! I actually have a pic representing breast feeding -- it's even possible (although I don't remember for sure) that I posted it in the Adult pic thread. That was using a prim baby . . . but I'm not sure how permissible even that is now, yet alone RPing a breast feeding.

Unsurprisingly, my own view is that breast feeding is inherently non-sexual, but not everyone thinks so, and there are associated kinks.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Theresa Ravenheart said:

And I do, but I would be much more comfortable and happy if my Linden home was on A land, so I could be around others and be able to feel like I live in a neighborhood and not have to stop people from seeing me on my front lawn. Having to hide and block things so people can't see or hear you, to me, defeats the purpose of living in a neighborhood setting. I have a Linden home that is currently setting empty because it doesn't really serve a purpose since I live on an adult island. 

How would people like to have some Belli regions that are Adult? - This should be a new thread, so don't respond here. Just think about it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wincil said:

Tbh I don't see how that's subjective since I can the difference between a child avatar and adult avatar.

Subjective....based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions

As we've seen, it's highly subjective based on a number of factors.  Race, gender, age, social background.  What you see and what I see as adult differs.  Neither of us are right since they are our opinions.  That is what subjective means.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chery Amore said:

I'm beginning to feel more hardline about all this than I use to because of all this pushing to look as young as possible being brought up in this thread recently. I use to just give people the benefit of the doubt and let them be. I'm not sure that's the best course to follow anymore.

Same. I've been in sl for 20 years and it's had the same effect on me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1