So what changed in the Terms of Service?

1 minute ago, Theresa Ravenheart said:

And I do, but I would be much more comfortable and happy if my Linden home was on A land, so I could be around others and be able to feel like I live in a neighborhood and not have to stop people from seeing me on my front lawn. Having to hide and block things so people can't see or hear you, to me, defeats the purpose of living in a neighborhood setting. I have a Linden home that is currently setting empty because it doesn't really serve a purpose since I live on an adult island. 

I'd rather my home be on an A land as well, but I'm on a mainland u - u

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Theresa Ravenheart said:

And I do, but I would be much more comfortable and happy if my Linden home was on A land, so I could be around others and be able to feel like I live in a neighborhood and not have to stop people from seeing me on my front lawn. Having to hide and block things so people can't see or hear you, to me, defeats the purpose of living in a neighborhood setting. I have a Linden home that is currently setting empty because it doesn't really serve a purpose since I live on an adult island. 

You have a really good point there and a legitimate reason for the advocating of A rated Bellisseria land.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

Do you really need an answer? Don't play dumb with me. I know you already know the answer. Now I sense a dog pile of nonsense coming on. I think much better of you to even ask such a thing.

It will be extremely easy for LL to tell what someone is actually wearing at the time of the report, since attachment data is preserved no matter if they are visible or not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

TBH i thought that was all for the Adult Desgination. And Nudity and stuff, was only allowed if it was done behind closed doors. 

Nudity on Moderate is allowed as long as its not sexual in nature. No erections, fluids, things that lean towards sexual tone. If you are on moderate you can be standing there naked changing clothing as long as there is nothing visibly sexual going on. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Wincil said:

Again faces alone cannot approximate age I doubt it is subjective and no faces are not a good indicator.(Don't get my word's twisted)

Could you please not edit my post when you quote them...thanks.  The quote you edited...

30 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

You have previously said that some adult females are slim and some are not which is true.  If two avatars with the same shape are standing next to each other, the face would be the next indicator of approximate age.  It's , yes.  But overall, faces would be a better indicator than shapes.

What I actually said...

34 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

You have previously said that some adult females are slim and some are not which is true.  If two avatars with the same shape are standing next to each other, the face would be the next indicator of approximate age.  It's subjective, yes.  But overall, faces would be a better indicator than shapes.

I've never had anyone edit a quote before.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, Stellaa Starlight said:

Nudity on Moderate is allowed as long as its not sexual in nature. No erections, fluids, things that lean towards sexual tone. If you are on moderate you can be standing there naked changing clothing as long as there is nothing visibly sexual going on. 

Thank you so much for clearing that up for me. I just assumed and I was clearly wrong, that it was all for the adult designation. Thank you to everyone, who clarified it. I truly appreciate you all. 

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Angelina Sinclair said:

I realized something today. LL will need to provide us with linden home options on differently rated sims.

You can easily have neighbors with child avas, all while you re-enact your worst 50 Shades impression in your RedRoom.

That's not a problem if you turn on Parcel Privacy. If your neighbor kid then comes onto your property selling Girl Scout cookies, they are the one who needs to leave.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

Ever was, Brodiac. Nothing changed there. What has changed is that Child Avi Pilots are demanded to show respect for the inhabitants of M rated sims who like sunbathings without kids now.

What changed is now they supposedly care. That's new.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

No you don't. Use a security orb that just allows people in your group to access your land. No need to ban people individually.

I would have to find a security orb that bounces people in a few seconds or less. It's also a hassle to have. Plus you can't put any lewd things out in your front yard or back yard. What if I wanna go full tentacle pit theme for halloween? Or setup lewd looking statues that may or may not be grabby.

I know having a kid barging into my linden home is an extremely rare scenario, but I have had strangers barge in. So while it is very unlikely, the fear is still there in the back of my head about it. lol

• Like 2

Just now, Persephone Emerald said:

That's not a problem if you turn on Parcel Privacy. If your neighbor kid then comes onto your property selling Girl Scout cookies, they are the one who needs to leave.

A question. I've never had a LH, so I am not sure of the answer: can you not turn off the ability of others to see into your parcel in Belli?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

can you not turn off the ability of others to see into your parcel in Belli?

Yes, you can.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Stellaa Starlight said:

the obvious caveat being that the land owner must also allow it of course.   Probably should go without saying but then "going without saying" seems to be in short supply in these here parts lately.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

That's really what I"m arguing. But here in general there's no nuance, no affordabilty, no reasonable affordance.. So I'm not the one who needs to be put to trial over this.

I would think interactions and offenses would be easily identified, but the lawyering begins (You not included), so I'm outtie and let those worried about such things do so if they want. I don't even come close to these activities in SL, so it doesn't concern me.

You're hardly on trial. We're generally agreeing here. The only difference is that I think I have more faith in people than you may, so I don't see a need to draw hard lines to define the boundaries between acceptable and unacceptable behavior.  The world is full of fuzziness and I am very confident that most people are quite capable of navigating gray areas. They don't need hard barriers to do the thinking for them.  For those few cases where people can't agree, SL has an AR process and a Governance team that sees dozens of cases a week. They're in a better position than we are to recognize what the gray areas look like and to make an unemotional judgment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

You're hardly on trial. We're generally agreeing here. The only difference is that I think I have more faith in people than you may, so I don't see a need to draw hard lines to define the boundaries between acceptable and unacceptable behavior.  The world is full of fuzziness and I am very confident that most people are quite capable of navigating gray areas. They don't need hard barriers to do the thinking for them.  For those few cases where people can't agree, SL has an AR process and a Governance team that sees dozens of cases a week. They're in a better position than we are to recognize what the gray areas look like and to make an unemotional judgment.

17 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

.. but the lawyering begins (You not included),

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Angelina Sinclair said:

There's a lot of fear of people trolling one another in attempts to AR people. Linden homes could be a spot where that happens. You can't put up ban lines with linden homes either. You would have to individually ban people.

The visiting child avi would be the AR'ble one when trespassing, not the owner using his/her home and settings in the right way. Think we need a little more faith in support handling those cases.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Angelina Sinclair said:

I would have to find a security orb that bounces people in a few seconds or less. It's also a hassle to have. Plus you can't put any lewd things out in your front yard or back yard. What if I wanna go full tentacle pit theme for halloween? Or setup lewd looking statues that may or may not be grabby.

I know having a kid barging into my linden home is an extremely rare scenario, but I have had strangers barge in. So while it is very unlikely, the fear is still there in the back of my head about it. lol

The Bellicosian Anti-Privacy Zone will become a problem. It's covenant expressly forbids security such as group only access banlines, or orbs that can actually keep people out, so no, Belli is not going to be a "safe space" for kid avi's, or a safe space FROM kid avi's.

Belli compliant orbs cannot bounce people in "a few" seconds, and they can't auto-ban to stop the bounced coming right back in.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

A question. I've never had a LH, so I am not sure of the answer: can you not turn off the ability of others to see into your parcel in Belli?

You can, but you can't setup ban lines. Plus anything you have rezzed is still visible. So if you have naughty posters or a sex dungeon in your linden home.. well they can still cam in and see.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

The Bellicosian Anti-Privacy Zone will become a problem. It's covenant expressly forbids security such as group only access banlines, or orbs that can actually keep people out, so no, Belli is not going to be a "safe space" for kid avi's, or a safe space FROM kid avi's.

Belli compliant orbs cannot bounce people in "a few" seconds, and they can't auto-ban to stop the bounced coming right back in.

Then a security orb is not a fix to this 0.01% chance problem scenario. lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Angelina Sinclair said:

I would have to find a security orb that bounces people in a few seconds or less. I

thats not even allowed on Belli ... it's in the covenant. You have to use the provided one, or buy one with simular settings.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Angelina Sinclair said:

First, in Bellisseria the orb MUST be set not to eject people for a minimum of 15 seconds. Secondly, your full tentacle pit theme and lewd statues wouldn't be allowed on Belli as that would be against the covenant.

Do you even own Belli land because you seem to not know the rules there.

As far as a security orb being a hassle? whine whine...next.

Edited by Kathlen Onyx
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

For example, I like to explore underwater places as a mermaid. I've done it all over the grid, especially in Bellisseria, where there's some cool stuff to find. My mermaid is topless. (I don't think scratchy seashells are a realistic expectation. They look dorky.)  If I swim into a grotto where some child av is playing innocently, then, we'll both say "OOops!" and feel a bit awkward. Theoretically, anyone could submit an AR on both of us at that point.  If they did -- even if the AR was filed by one of us -- I am very confident that Governance would throw the case in the dumpster.

What if you are a mer-mommy with a mer-child? Should you both be expected to wear scratchy sea shells or starfish covering your nipples?

(In case it's not clear, I think topless should be allowed in Moderate regions, no matter the age or gender of one's avatar.)

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Is simple nudity without sex Adult?

Depending on context, nudity may not require an Adult rating. For example all of the following could be rated Moderate:

A nude beach without sexual activity.

Skin vendors showing a nude skin to display the product.

Nude art that is not sexual.

Strip clubs that do not use adult words in search or host sex furniture.

Depending on the context, exposed genitalia may not be considered Adult. For example:

Hanging out at a nude beach would be fine.

Walking around pants-less on the mainland could be inappropriate.

Non-sexualized depictions of nudity are Moderate NOT Adult.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Adult_Content_FAQ

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Angelina Sinclair said:

0.01% chance problem scenario. lol

This happens a lot. A 0.01% incident but some want to act like it's widespread. It really is based in a 'bad faith' and severe 'mistrust' of other users, which is sad to see - but apparently won't change.. IF the people who are on this forum are actually representative of SL users in general - yikes.

Just now, Kathlen Onyx said:

First, in Bellisseria the orb MUST be set not to eject people for a minimum of 15 seconds. Secondly, your full tentacle pit theme and lewd statues wouldn't be allowed on Belli as that would be against the covenant.

Do you even own Belli land because you seem to not know the rules there.

Nope. I haven't read them. I just don't throw that stuff out in the open in M sims. Nor do I bother with security orbs on past parcels I own. I feel they are not worth the hassle.

My linden home is just a glorified dressing room to change my clothes. lol

• Like 1