So what changed in the Terms of Service?

4 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

@Henri Beauchamp the maker of the Cool Viewer, gave away a free height meter, that's much better than the broken "red and white thing"

it's far more accurate, as can be verified by actually using a prim to manually measure your height.

Whenever I see somebody say "height meters are not accurate" I know that I'm listening to somebody who either a) has never seen anything but the red and white stick, or b) only uses the Official Fail-Viewer, or c) has NO IDEA how they things actually work, and what the actual limitations really are, and how one works around them.

Also, not everyone uses Firestorm, and you can't use firestorms appearance editor to check anyone's height but your own.

And there's a technically incorrect BS statement to submit to the Hall of Fame. Something's height doesn't change depending on the units used, all you have to do is convert from one unit type to another, it's not rocket science.

So, you're saying I'd be the same height in RL across the.pond even though you use metric.  Shocking!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

@Henri Beauchamp the maker of the Cool Viewer, gave away a free height meter, that's much better than the broken "red and white thing"

it's far more accurate, as can be verified by actually using a prim to manually measure your height.

Whenever I see somebody say "height meters are not accurate" I know that I'm listening to somebody who either a) has never seen anything but the red and white stick, or b) only uses the Official Fail-Viewer, or c) has NO IDEA how they things actually work, and what the actual limitations really are, and how one works around them.

Also, not everyone uses Firestorm, and you can't use firestorms appearance editor to check anyone's height but your own.

And there's a technically incorrect BS statement to submit to the Hall of Fame. Something's height doesn't change depending on the units used, all you have to do is convert from one unit type to another, it's not rocket science.

You can stop talking to me, I have that red ruler, I have exact height ruler, I have the a scale ruler, And then there is the firestorm height and then there is the Second Life height, which is different than the firestorm height.

I use three rulers all the time on my sim to compare it with edit appearance height. This is the last time I will reply to you, you do nothing but insult people.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:
15 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I deplore the abuse of anyone, particularly those with less power and so less able to defend themselves, and so I know every venue needs to do their part to minimize any depictions online that might contribute to the real abuse of children in RL.  And I know LL had to do something so that SL will less likely be seen as an environment that contributes to abuse (abuse in this case being a venue that allows depictions of the abuse of children).

It's a shame that some residents will have to bare the cost though. Many find experiencing their child avatars as fun and sometimes even healing. They are a fairly large segment of the SL population simply wanting the choice to live out their dream and do what enhances their lives.

All we can really do to make this transition easier is not witch hunt child avatars -- not go out of our way to report those who don't yet have the correct layers now required, but instead inform them of the new rules in the kindest way possible.  Also, we need to place the biggest focus on the people attempting to roleplay perpetrators who enjoy abusing children.

Expand  

The sad thing is is that they will definitely go on witch hunts for anything child or childlike. It's going to be like before and childlike don't mean the same thing to everyone. So you're going to have every person coming after people in so many ways.

No doubt some will go on witch hunts.  I just hope it's not too many, and that the least amount of child avatars as possible will be affected by it.

I hope that each report LL receives will be investigated thoroughly because, as we can see on this forum, what constitutes a 'child' in appearance is not always clear.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

You can stop talking to me, I have that red ruler, I have exact height ruler, I have the a scale ruler, And then there is the firestorm height and then there is the Second Life height, which is different than the firestorm height.

I use three rulers all the time on my sim to compare it with edit appearance height. This is the last time I will reply to you, you do nothing but insult people.

Digression moment... you have the scale ruler? Is that the one that takes the 1.3 RL meters = 1 SL meter into account? Or what does it do?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Wincil said:

Again how is that a incorrect BS statement?

Because it's basically saying that 25.4 millimeters isn't the same length as 1 inch.

If that concept is too hard for you, don't ask about feet, yards, cubits, meters, miles, nautical miles, furlongs, kilometers, stades, and leagues.

Your brain might burst.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

So it is said but I think that remains to be seen. Likely that land owners would continue using height as the first determining factor when scoping out a new avatar coming in.

I am not talking about land owners; they can ban for any or no reason. I am talking about LL.

Sorry, but several keep saying similar and I should be more specific.

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

No doubt some will go on witch hunts.  I just hope it's not too many, and that the least amount of child avatars as possible will be affected by it.

I hope that each report LL receives will be investigated thoroughly because, as we can see on this forum, what constitutes a 'child' in appearance is not always clear.

No neeed for witch hunts. If a child avatar gets landed on adult rated sims by it´s pilot, abuse report, eject, ban and done. And trust me, people know very well what makes a child avatar and what not. And so does LL.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

The sad thing is is that they will definitely go on witch hunts for anything child or childlike. It's going to be like before and childlike don't mean the same thing to everyone. So you're going to have every person coming after people in so many ways.

The witch hunts have already started.   Some of the ones in this very thread are just cackling with glee that they think their fondest wish is coming true.  What they don't realize, is they are just as much apart of the problem as the pedo's that tarnish the child av community. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

This.

If @Linden Lab do nothing else,  guidelines and examples for this are essential.

Does the modesty panel have to be full on underwear (or silhouette of), with straps. Can it just be a contrasting block of solid color that masks out the groin. Does this need to extend around to cover the butt. Is the chest included and does this apply differently based on gender presentation.

Does this also apply to non human avatars representing an adolescent or does fur on a furry cub count, do the "baby dragons" going to "dragon school" need modesty coverings.

It is not sufficient to make a hard and fast "one strike" rule, and only test that rule on a case by case basis should someone catch an abuse report. No one wants to break the rules on purpose.

@Keira Linden @Tommy Linden

image.png.a8773d83958bcb558b9700e41b96f414.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Some people really like their simplistic measures .. even when that simplistic measure is one of the few clear criterion explicitly called out as not being a determining factor.

LMFAO.

The automated alarm warns the admin that an avatar under 5'4 has arrived. This is because very few "young child like avatars" are 7 ft giants.

The admin goes over and looked at the BIG DAMN HEAD, BIG DAMN EYES, chile like body, child like AO, very adult fetish gear, listens to the baby talk excuses for why the ToS doesnt apply to the arrival, and then the admin punts them.

Simple.

You can complicate your life with existential nonsense about how they might be an alien, or a hobbit, or whatever.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

And yet it still doesn't change what I said about kemono. It's cute, slim, doesn't have much breasts, it's small so people will still find it to be childish regardless but still people do mistake others for children, happens a lot. I didn't say they shouldn't be banned, that they weren't kickable, i'm just stating facts.

Those sound on the surface a lot like opinions.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Interesting choice of words.  But to me, most kemonos look "childlike enough" that I don't find them suitable.."partners" and would indeed "complain".

Oh back in the day I was quite active in the Bible Study Discussion Meeting community. A community with some of the strictest rules for appearance on the grid. My Kemono variant's were good enough for them, never had a problem with my lagomorph, fox, nor human or other Kemono av variants.

Edited by Leslie Trihey
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Because it's basically saying that 25.4 millimeters isn't the same length as 1 inch.

If that concept is too hard for you, don't ask about feet, yards, cubits, meters, miles, nautical miles, furlongs, kilometers, stades, and leagues.

Your brain might burst.

It isn't anything like saying that 25.4 millimeters isn't the same length as 1 inch I can understand the concept. 

Edited by Wincil

Just now, Vivienne Schell said:
6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

No neeed for witch hunts. If a child avatar gets landed on adult rated sims by it´s pilot, abuse report, eject, ban and done. And trust me, people know very well what makes a child avatar and what not. And so does LL.

I agree there is "no need" for witch hunts if you're a sane person who does not get off on bringing others down. There's a segment of the population who enjoys going after others though...griefing others, getting them into trouble ... and  they use the infraction of rules to do so.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

The only reason I see Linden Lab locking this thread is if people keep attacking each other, which is a very likely thing that will happen. It has become less of "What is changed" to fighting and discourse. Everyone can't even respect another's opinion or think about what someone else is saying, lack of sympathy and more of what just one person think is best.

I'm trying to sympathize with someone else and think about what they're going through and like 3 people are ready and willing to talk crap.

Like telling someone they don't know what they are talking about - twice OR

Telling someone to stop talking to you?

Learning English - "Pot calling the kettle black" - Idiom Karen : Can you  believe how much weight Lisa has gained? Carrie : That's not a nice thing  to say about her.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

Oh back in the day I was quite active in the Bible Study Discussion Meeting community. A community with some of the strictest rules for appearance on the grid. My Kemono variant's were good enough for them, never had a problem with my lagomorph, fox, nor human or other Kemono av variants.

The catholic church has studied the bible for 2000 years and massive problem with pedos. /Me shrugs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Lysana McMillan said:

Digression moment... you have the scale ruler? Is that the one that takes the 1.3 RL meters = 1 SL meter into account? Or what does it do?

it's the one where you go up against it, you can't click on it it just is a ruler. I recounted my height checkers, I have 4 instead of 3 I'll show you a photo

c2811b39f0f4fc955701adfd3dce11be.jpg

The first one height has me as (far left)
[15:28] Exact Height/SL Viewer Apperance Mode: Starberry Passion is 1.681180 m (5 ft. 6in.) tall. (counting shoes) - Prim Height

The second, second one, the red and white ruler has me as 
[15:29] [OO] Avatar ruler 1.4: Starberry Passion, your avatar's height is 160 cm (5' 3") counting your shoes.

The third one is a height and script checker, this one is the one that takes a lot off of the avatar. 
[15:30] height and script checker V2.1: < Starɓɛrrɣ Ɖɔllƒiɛ > (includes shoes) - i don't use shoe height-
[15:30] height and script checker V2.1: Height in Shape Editor: 1.40 m (4 feet 7 inches)

the forth one I am 170cms which is 5'5"

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Those sound on the surface a lot like opinions.

And inaccurate. Kemono can have larger breasts. There are mods for that. Part of why Kemono is so popular with some people (as I'd bet you might know, Love) is the modding factor. You have a base and so many ways to play with it. It's even sold with modify rights so you can do your own texturing. With a more standard-looking head and the right mods, I know there are people who'd normally believe Kemono are inherently child-like in appearance who'd find one perfectly adult-looking. The avi I mentioned with mosquito-sting breasts had to choose those, too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Vivienne Schell said:

The catholic church has studied the bible for 2000 years and massive problem with pedos. /Me shrugs

"Bible Study Discussion Meetings" Is a joke referring to bondage, discipline, sadism, and masochism.  AKA, Kinky sex.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Starberry Passion said:

it's the one where you go up against it, you can't click on it it just is a ruler. I recounted my height checkers, I have 4 instead of 3 I'll show you a photo

[15:28] Exact Height/SL Viewer Apperance Mode: Starberry Passion is 1.681180 m (5 ft. 6in.) tall. (counting shoes) - Prim Height

[15:29] [OO] Avatar ruler 1.4: Starberry Passion, your avatar's height is 160 cm (5' 3") counting your shoes.

The third one is a height and script checker, this one is the one that takes a lot off of the avatar. 
[15:30] height and script checker V2.1: < Starɓɛrrɣ Ɖɔllƒiɛ > (includes shoes) - i don't use shoe height-
[15:30] height and script checker V2.1: Height in Shape Editor: 1.40 m (4 feet 7 inches)

Thank you kindly for taking the time to do that. I wish I could find the one that translates the meter bug, but stuff disappears from the grid.

2 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

do you have a Link or Direct message me inworld for these devices. think I have the purple one but not the other 3.