So what changed in the Terms of Service?

10 minutes ago, Angelina Sinclair said:

For those worrying about child avas being banned I'm sure someone could code a freebie that auto-tps them back home or gives them a blaring warning when they drop into an adult sim by accident.

With RLV, you can code an attachment that swaps whatever Walking ToS Violation they have on for an Adult Avatar when they arrive in an adult region, It's pretty easy really.

8 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I'd think everyone running away would look kind of suspicious.  

Your choice but for me it isn't the first time to see it. Within months of my joining in 2009 there was a lot of people chattering about wholesale bannings, red zone and the like so that when I heard about another platform like SL that was a lot freer, I went and checked it out and stayed for years. I did meet a lot of people who were banned for little to no reason back then so I have little doubt that this is going on because it has happened before.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

And if she's wearing stuff over it, why does it need to be a "training bra," as it won't be visible anyway?

If she's not, why is she wandering around in public in underwear?

Maybe some naughty boy pulled the fire alarm when other kids were in the locker room of the junior high?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

With RLV, you can code an attachment that swaps whatever Walking ToS Violation they have on for an Adult Avatar when they arrive in an adult region, It's pretty easy really.

Just to point out a couple things.

1. The rule states you have to change avatars BEFORE entering an Adult Region.

2. Apparently, 'right after a teleport' is the absolute worst time to try and get RLV to do anything... much less change your outfit. I'm told your outfit might change on your viewer's side, but due to various 'race conditions' present after a teleport, the region (and those in it) might never get the updates. Resulting in you walking around in your Child Av, without even knowing it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Chic Aeon said:

No clue. Doesn't show up for me any longer. 

Someone else had said their options changed and they could no longer "zoom". (I don't remember if the answer was clearing cookies or something.) 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

As someone who has helped work on RLVa, I would NOT suggest anyone try this.

It is exceptionally difficult.

RLV based outfit changing is not certain on a good day, the wardrobe have put a lot of work into making it look easy, but in practice, there is a lot that can cause this to fail.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MissSweetViolet said:

Many accounts switch between multiple bodies, so I don't think that's reasonable

Lots of folks find lots of things unreasonable.   I could elaborate & whine about RL 💩 I find unreasonable that I do anyways but I know I gotta stay on topic.  But if it were a rule in hypotheticaland then that individual would need to make a decision & create a 2nd account for the other side to their personality if they need to be in sexy times surroundings.

2 hours ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

The issue I have is the way it's marketed not the shirt itself except for the shading emphasizing the breast.  Child avatars should not be running around SL with a top that is labeled a bra. Change the name to "crop top" and removed the breast enhancement and it's fine.  Yes it's perfectly normal for a teen to wear a bra but it's not normal for a 9 year old. (don't say some 9 year old's develop early. I know this) 

Yes, some teens run around in a training bra in RL. I'd never allow my child to do so but to each their own. There are also teens that wear thongs that show above the pant's or shorts. Again, not something a child avatar should be wearing in SL.

What if a top is sold as a "bralette". I see these marketed to adult avatars all the time, to be worn as tops.

image.png.ee10e214f1906e033ef872f837f06b8c.png

image.png.fab948656c59bc72e2221614473773cf.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

It was not unusual for my young nephew to run naked through the house when he didn't want to take his bath yet.

I'd be ok with just the genital area being covered, blurred out, or alphaed out. Let's please not assume a child's chest is sexual area.

You keep referring to RL where there is no **play in someone's home, hopefully.   While I appreciate all the RL scenario's that are not adult or sexually related unfortunately it's obviously not the case here.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I'd think everyone running away would look kind of suspicious.  

That's why you always show up after the principal has shown up and blend into the gathered crowd of students, while he's both admiring your artistic talents in getting the perspective so good on a large surface area, and cursing the vandal who sprayed the wall of the gym, with a knapsack of paint cans at the far end of the parking lot under some bushes, and hands perfectly clean (latex gloves also in backpack).

Hypothetically speaking, of course.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

What if a top is sold as a "bralette". I see these marketed to adult avatars all the time, to be worn as tops.

image.png.ee10e214f1906e033ef872f837f06b8c.png

image.png.fab948656c59bc72e2221614473773cf.png

No child avatar should be wearing a top like that.

I also think if you saw a 12 year old wearing something like this in RL,  you should question the parents choice of outfits for their children.

Edited by Kathlen Onyx
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

Lots of folks find lots of things unreasonable.   I could elaborate & whine about RL 💩 I find unreasonable that I do anyways but I know I gotta stay on topic.  But if it were a rule in hypotheticaland then that individual would need to make a decision & create a 2nd account for the other side to their personality if they need to be in sexy times surroundings.

Your assuming that everyone who owns multiple bodies is involved in such behavior though, not everyone is, there are plenty of adult avatars many of whom do not even use a child avatar in addition who want nothing to do with adult stuff. Also managing one account is hard enough, it can be a nightmare to manage more. [which is probably why my alt still has a small sliver of an inventory compared to my main] Why should we be forced to add more in a world that boasts being able to change at whim?

Edited by MissSweetViolet
Spelling corrections.

3 hours ago, brodiac90 said:

It goes further than that. The skin must be made by the creator of the body and be locked in so there is never an option to be removed. The body must never be able to be nude. If you buy other skins with the modesty layer but the body is still capable of wearing a skin without the layer then you're not compliant. 

How is that going to work with a system body?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

Would LL be willing to reimburse us for content lost?  Just wondering.

No, fairly sure they [or any platform for that matter] don't do that. Whenever you buy digital goods or an online service, you pretty much do so under the knowledge that they can pull it at any time. Like Amazon Prime pulling an episode of Robin Hood I payed for because they lost the license.

Is it fair? Not really, but legally they have the right.

Edited by MissSweetViolet
Spelling corrections.
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

No more so than an entire neighborhood scattering when the police show up.

:ph34r:

Well sure, if the neighborhood has a brothel and a crack house.  Around here, we all head out to the porch and sit around to see what's going on because most of us aren't doing anything wrong.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

I suggested compensation however I highly doubt it.  I am actually surprised that Maitreya gave out the Lara X body for free. That was a nice bonus but things become outdated all the time. If LL was in the market to reimburse everyone there would be no SL.

• Like 1

Nearly anyone who's been here long enough has had to replace wardrobes over the years, often at no small cost. From system layer to mesh, to mesh bodies. People adjust and adapt, it's just part of the deal.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, MissSweetViolet said:

No, fairly sure they [or any platform for that matter] don't do that. Whenever you buy digital goods or an online service, you pretty much do so under the knowledge that they can pull it at any time. Like Amazon Prime pulling an episode of Robin Hood I payed for because they lost the license.

Is it fair? Not really, but legally they have the right.

I've been reimbursed in Imvu a few times for content I purchased that was later revoked for use on the platform there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ineffable Mote said:

Nearly anyone who's been here long enough has had to replace wardrobes over the years, often at no small cost. From system layer to mesh, to mesh bodies. People adjust and adapt, it's just part of the deal.

In those cases it was replaced with better content, not regressed.

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I've been reimbursed in Imvu a few times for content I purchased that was later revoked for use on the platform there.

I'm not expecting them too and really was a rhetorical question.   It would be nice since I'm losing content  through no fault of my own.  An honestly when it comes time to renew my subscription I doubt I will.   I've been in world all day an I'm watching the kid av groups.  Lots of us are feeling the same way and are doing that exact thing now.  

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

Linden Lab TOS, Sect 1.2:

1.2 The Service exists only as long as and in the form that we may provide the Service, and all aspects of the Service, including your User Content, are subject to change or elimination.

Linden Lab has the right to change, limit access to, and/or eliminate any aspect(s), feature(s) or functionality of the Service (including your User Content) as it sees fit at any time without notice, and Linden Lab makes no commitment, express or implied, to maintain or continue, or to permit open access to, any aspect of the Service. You acknowledge that your use of the Service is subject to this risk and that you knowingly assume it and make your decisions to participate in the Service, contribute Content and spend your money accordingly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3