Silly Ideas to Fix Second Life

19 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Male genitals will no longer work as of midnight tonight due to a unfixable scripting bug.

Same should go for constantly dabbling women's mouths then.
Just saying. :D

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Dabbling or did you mean babbling? In any case I don't think it is a gender issue, just saying :)

I would not dare to go into gender discussions here since a long time.  :D

• Haha 2

When someone is "permabanned" from Second Life ("goes to prison"), sell all their inventory ("at auction" or a similar way).

When someone "deletes" their Second Life account ("dies"), give away all their inventory (to their partner, if they have one, else as "freebies").

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

In light of recent developments in this discussion I'd like to revise my previous answer and suggest that, in lieu of free animesh ponies, LL distribute wearable saddles to all new residents which can be "hired" via a tip jar so that they can earn money by giving people rides to and from the newly re-instated telehubs!

Yes, rickshaws.

5 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

For power users Linden lab should create a console\ command line viewer.

How are we supposed to see the graphics? ASCII output? 

(the article I swiped the photo from: https://hackaday.com/2020/01/01/explore-this-3d-world-rendered-in-ascii-art/)

ETA: didn't notice Love Zhaoying's comment before I posted my comment until later lol

Screen-Shot-2019-12-28-at-4.23.51-PM-Cropped-1.jpg

Edited by JeromFranzic
brain slip
  • Like 1

Avatars are drain on the grid and as a result are the biggest contributes to lag. Verily the server strain under the load. So. We need to make them more sustainable.... By making avatars battery powered. Lithium Ion of course. Charge up at a convenient charging station located at various Telehub found through out the mainland, and at participating sim. It's just be a few L$ each day for a day's worth of activity. Power users (cough pun intended) can opt to pay for a nuclear power cell for a weeks worth of activity for a reduced L$ cost / hour of activity.  For the more frugally minded, why not opt for a very stylish wind up key that will power you for a quarter of day per "charge" provided through the goodwill of your fellow residents.  Why I bet lag would be gone in no time if we did this!

😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Eliminate the color table.  Only RGB allowed is 000 and 111.   Positive side effects - solves the EEP problem with PBR, and no more overcharging for tinted dresses by greedy creators.

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 1

On 3/25/2024 at 9:21 AM, Charlemagne Allen said:

Serious ideas only.

Give all noobies catling guns and turn on rez on every sim.

Fix what's broken and not what's not broken. That usually works pretty good in most things.;)

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

OK then...carnivorous sea life in all Linden Oceans.

That would be great...more fun than Seven Seas Fishing IMO! 🦈🦑🐟

Or instead of those pods driving you around, have a giant whale that swallows you, and then spits you out on a random beach to explore 🐳

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

That would be great...more fun than Seven Seas Fishing IMO! 🦈🦑🐟

Or instead of those pods driving you around, have a giant whale that swallows you, and then spits you out on a random beach to explore 🐳

Bonus if they interfere with self-entitled sailors!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Bonus if they interfere with self-entitled sailors

That might be a good SL business idea...The Dolphin Boat-Headbutting Waterway Security System 🐬 

• Like 1